1. 1. Bridge City @ WOS who you got?

• Bridge City
    • West Orange Stark

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="skipper" post="1084616" timestamp="1318730812"]
lets hope this game dosent get into a FG war .silsbee had there chance to put bc away but shot themself in the foot in this game game and [b]loseing the QB bridge city better count there blessings[/b][/quote]

Oh Skipper, you poor rascal. You obviously didn't see the game. Making a statement like that is very uninformed because the Silsbee back up QB is an athlete. Garrett Drake gave them a very good shot at winning, he wasn't just a warm body that had no business out there. A statement like that also disrespects the efforts of the BC defense.

[quote author=venom33 link=topic=89886.msg1084613#msg1084613 date=1318730622]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=89886.msg1084587#msg1084587 date=1318728927]
Bridge City  36
WO-S        12
[/quote]

im not sure who takes this game but i know bc wont put 36 on that defense!! wos has seen better teams than bc and they couldnt do it.
[/quote]

Venom you are certainly correct. Hard to see that defense giving up 36 points. Should be a lower scoring affair and hopefully a really good game.

This will be my first prediction of the season and i say WOS wins. Defense will shut their offense down and the score will depend on which Mustang offense shows up. I hate to say it, but we hear that this is BC's year every year that WOS doesn't beat everyone by 50 points. Remember folks, were only 10 points from being undefeated. Yeah, we may not be hanging 60 on people but we find a way to win. A win doesn't matter if its 1 or 100. I just really feel that there will be some heartbroken Cardinal fans come Saturday morning

[quote name="kicker" post="1084664" timestamp="1318733214"]
[b]This will be my first prediction of the season and i say WOS wins. Defense will shut their offense down and the score will depend on which Mustang offense shows up.[/b] I hate to say it, but we hear that this is BC's year every year that WOS doesn't beat everyone by 50 points. Remember folks, were only 10 points from being undefeated. [b]Yeah, we may not be hanging 60 on people but we find a way to win.[/b] A win doesn't matter if its 1 or 100. I just really feel that there will be some heartbroken Cardinal fans come Saturday morning
[/quote]

Which offense??  Is there an offense in hiding that hasn't shown itself yet?  I have only seen one offense.  We may not be hanging 60 on people but we have found a way to lose almost as many times as we have found a way to win.  Like you, I honestly think WOS will win this game but it will be if the offense doesn't turn the ball over and we win the field position battle.

[quote name="kicker" post="1084664" timestamp="1318733214"]
This will be my first prediction of the season and i say WOS wins. Defense will shut their offense down and the score will depend on which Mustang offense shows up. I hate to say it, but we hear that this is BC's year every year that WOS doesn't beat everyone by 50 points. Remember folks, [b]were only 10 points from being undefeated[/b]. Yeah, we may not be hanging 60 on people but we find a way to win. [b]A win doesn't matter if its 1 or 100[/b]. I just really feel that there will be some heartbroken Cardinal fans come Saturday morning
[/quote]

Contradiction.....sure looks like it. A reply to this statement could go on for pages but for the sake of time and bandwith I'll just leave it short. These teams match up better than most will give credit. One would think that after the OF game most comments would center around preparing for a big game instead of dismissing a worthy opponent.

[quote author=skipper link=topic=89886.msg1084677#msg1084677 date=1318734036]
lmao  ;) glad i did not see it stay cool  8) brother
[/quote]

Not sure what your laughing at but if it makes you feel better more power to you. Also, thanks for the short response, much easier to read without all the red ink from the butchered grammar and -10's for spelling mistakes. ;D

[quote name="Rake1" post="1084689" timestamp="1318734615"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=89886.msg1084664#msg1084664 date=1318733214]
This will be my first prediction of the season and i say WOS wins. Defense will shut their offense down and the score will depend on which Mustang offense shows up. I hate to say it, but we hear that this is BC's year every year that WOS doesn't beat everyone by 50 points. Remember folks, [b]were only 10 points from being undefeated[/b]. Yeah, we may not be hanging 60 on people but we find a way to win. [b]A win doesn't matter if its 1 or 100[/b]. I just really feel that there will be some heartbroken Cardinal fans come Saturday morning
[/quote]

Contradiction.....sure looks like it. A reply to this statement could go on for pages but for the sake of time and bandwith I'll just leave it short. These teams match up better than most will give credit. One would think that after the OF game most comments would center around preparing for a big game instead of dismissing a worthy opponent.

[/quote]

Not sure what your laughing at but if it makes you feel better more power to you. Also, thanks for the short response, much easier to read without all the red ink from the butchered grammar and -10's for spelling mistakes. ;D
[/quote]
Contradiction? Come on man, you make fun of someone that has problems with a keyboard. Low blow. He is a true Mustang and a stand up gentleman that happens to be 70 years old. Please let me know when this board turns into websters, but untill that happens, I believe this is about football. I stated that we were 10 points from being undefeated. I also stated a win is a win. Where is the contradiction? Please with your infinite knowledge explain. A great team finds a way to win. I'm not sure if you a are playing around and hope you are, but seems like the same posts we have seen for years. Bottom line is there will be many tears from bridge city come late Friday night. Typical, and entertaining. The only time BC talks is when a dog is wounded. Well a wounded dog is the MOST dangerous to play with. By the way, I have a great crow gumbo recipe that a few teams have shared with me if you would like.

[quote name="kicker" post="1084728" timestamp="1318737137"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=89886.msg1084689#msg1084689 date=1318734615]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Contradiction? Come on man, you make fun of someone that has problems with a keyboard. Low blow. He is a true Mustang and a stand up gentleman that happens to be 70 years old. Please let me know when this board turns into websters, but untill that happens, I believe this is about football. I stated that we were 10 points from being undefeated. I also stated a win is a win. Where is the contradiction? Please with your infinite knowledge explain. A great team finds a way to win. I'm not sure if you a are playing around and hope you are, but seems like the same posts we have seen for years. Bottom line is there will be many tears from bridge city come late Friday night. Typical, and entertaining. The only time BC talks is when a dog is wounded. Well a wounded dog is the MOST dangerous to play with. By the way, I have a great crow gumbo recipe that a few teams have shared with me if you would like.

[/quote]

Okay Kicker.....here you go. (with the help of my so called "infinite knowledge"

The contradiction comes from your 2 sided statement about being 10 points from undefeated and "a win is a win" is that simple enough for you. If it's 10 points or 100 points it's still a loss, you can't have it both ways which is what you are trying to do. You don't hear BC fans saying "we are 15 points from being undefeated", accept the fact that your record is what it is and go on. It's always the same story from the blindly devoted faithful, "a good team finds a way to win" when you don't play your best. Very seldom do you see credit given to the opponent for playing well. Your macho talk of invincibility rings hollow as the "we are mightier than all others" lingo as well. My point in this whole thread is that a truly "objective" fan, one who can see all sides and is not so blinded by loyalty, would say this has the potential to be a really good game. If WOS wins then they were obviously the better team at the time. I have already posted on an earlier thread that the district championship still has to go through WOS because I am an objective fan. If BC wins then it will be a huge statement for their program and probably earn them some respect that many refuse to give them. 

As far as poking fun at Skipper goes I am definitely not the first one to make light of his computer skills. As you obviously read earlier in the thread Skipper and I were able to settle the situation in a friendly manner and I consider that the end of it. If you feel the need to stand up and come to the rescue go find a kitten in a tree.

Also, no crow recipes needed here due to the fact that I have generated no outlandish trash talk worthy of a crow dinner. You may need to save them for yourself since you are the only one predicting the outcome. I said it has the potential to be a really good game and that is what I am personally hoping for.

Rake1

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1084017" timestamp="1318699805"]
Looking at the Poll at the top of this thread....early return has WOS the underdog....previously has WOS ever been considered the underdog in this matchup?
[/quote]remember what Sarah P said that polls are for ;D

No way how, why or who WO-S is underdog in this game.  WO-S being 10 points from undefeated is a valid point.  A chip shot field goal goes true they beat Friendswood, Nederland misses a two point try they lose. I know, IF your aunt Gertrude had a moustache she would be your uncle Fred but it's still a natural fact.  If BC played Nederland, Friendswood and Giddings you can tack 3 losses onto their tally.  WO-S is the favorite and should win this game but if they dont it will not be a shock by any means.  Good luck.

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1084820" timestamp="1318765556"]
No way how, why or who WO-S is underdog in this game.  WO-S being 10 points from undefeated is a valid point.  A chip shot field goal goes true they beat Friendswood, Nederland misses a two point try they lose. I know, IF your aunt Gertrude had a moustache she would be your uncle Fred but it's still a natural fact.  If BC played Nederland, Friendswood and Giddings you can tack 3 losses onto their tally.  WO-S is the favorite and should win this game but if they dont it will not be a shock by any means.  Good luck.
[/quote]

Any team can take away the points they have been beat by,And be undefeated... :)

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1084823" timestamp="1318766507"]
True, but there's a difference from taking back 1 point and taking back 30 points which is the case for some folks, if you get my drift.
[/quote]

Aww  yeah I get your drift...Kirbyville has had a lot scored on them,It's our turn in the barrell...lol...I have supported WO-S in all their games and will continue to support them along with all the teams in SE Texas that get in the play-offs...Bottom Line As I have said is a loss is a loss be it 1 or 100,...Good Luck To WO-S on the rest of their season... :)

[quote name="Rake1" post="1084754" timestamp="1318741375"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=89886.msg1084728#msg1084728 date=1318737137]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=89886.msg1084689#msg1084689 date=1318734615]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay Kicker.....here you go. (with the help of my so called "infinite knowledge"

The contradiction comes from your 2 sided statement about being 10 points from undefeated and "a win is a win" is that simple enough for you. If it's 10 points or 100 points it's still a loss, you can't have it both ways which is what you are trying to do. You don't hear BC fans saying "we are 15 points from being undefeated", accept the fact that your record is what it is and go on. It's always the same story from the blindly devoted faithful, "a good team finds a way to win" when you don't play your best. Very seldom do you see credit given to the opponent for playing well. Your macho talk of invincibility rings hollow as the "we are mightier than all others" lingo as well. My point in this whole thread is that a truly "objective" fan, one who can see all sides and is not so blinded by loyalty, would say this has the potential to be a really good game. If WOS wins then they were obviously the better team at the time. I have already posted on an earlier thread that the district championship still has to go through WOS because I am an objective fan. If BC wins then it will be a huge statement for their program and probably earn them some respect that many refuse to give them. 

As far as poking fun at Skipper goes I am definitely not the first one to make light of his computer skills. As you obviously read earlier in the thread Skipper and I were able to settle the situation in a friendly manner and I consider that the end of it. If you feel the need to stand up and come to the rescue go find a kitten in a tree.

Also, no crow recipes needed here due to the fact that I have generated no outlandish trash talk worthy of a crow dinner. You may need to save them for yourself since you are the only one predicting the outcome. I said it has the potential to be a really good game and that is what I am personally hoping for.

Rake1
[/quote]

Good post Rake1

WO-S offense gives up points it seems in every game.Thier inability to maintain drives and score points puts all the pressure on the defense which has been coming through time after time.I really don't look for anything to change, are we would have been seeing it before now.I told my co-worker( OF fan ) last week that OF had a good chance to beat WO-S this year.Same holds true for BC and Silsbee.If you don't beat WO-S this you are wasting a golden oppertunity.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline