192 members have voted

1. 1. Bridge City @ WOS who you got?

• Bridge City
    • West Orange Stark

[quote name="Rake1" post="1084754" timestamp="1318741375"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=89886.msg1084728#msg1084728 date=1318737137]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=89886.msg1084689#msg1084689 date=1318734615]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=89886.msg1084664#msg1084664 date=1318733214]
This will be my first prediction of the season and i say WOS wins. Defense will shut their offense down and the score will depend on which Mustang offense shows up. I hate to say it, but we hear that this is BC's year every year that WOS doesn't beat everyone by 50 points. Remember folks, [b]were only 10 points from being undefeated[/b]. Yeah, we may not be hanging 60 on people but we find a way to win. [b]A win doesn't matter if its 1 or 100[/b]. I just really feel that there will be some heartbroken Cardinal fans come Saturday morning
[/quote]

Contradiction.....sure looks like it. A reply to this statement could go on for pages but for the sake of time and bandwith I'll just leave it short. These teams match up better than most will give credit. One would think that after the OF game most comments would center around preparing for a big game instead of dismissing a worthy opponent.

[quote author=skipper link=topic=89886.msg1084677#msg1084677 date=1318734036]
lmao  ;) glad i did not see it stay cool  8) brother
[/quote]

Not sure what your laughing at but if it makes you feel better more power to you. Also, thanks for the short response, much easier to read without all the red ink from the butchered grammar and -10's for spelling mistakes. ;D
[/quote]
Contradiction? Come on man, you make fun of someone that has problems with a keyboard. Low blow. He is a true Mustang and a stand up gentleman that happens to be 70 years old. Please let me know when this board turns into websters, but untill that happens, I believe this is about football. I stated that we were 10 points from being undefeated. I also stated a win is a win. Where is the contradiction? Please with your infinite knowledge explain. A great team finds a way to win. I'm not sure if you a are playing around and hope you are, but seems like the same posts we have seen for years. Bottom line is there will be many tears from bridge city come late Friday night. Typical, and entertaining. The only time BC talks is when a dog is wounded. Well a wounded dog is the MOST dangerous to play with. By the way, I have a great crow gumbo recipe that a few teams have shared with me if you would like.

[/quote]

Okay Kicker.....here you go. (with the help of my so called "infinite knowledge"

The contradiction comes from your 2 sided statement about being 10 points from undefeated and "a win is a win" is that simple enough for you. If it's 10 points or 100 points it's still a loss, you can't have it both ways which is what you are trying to do. You don't hear BC fans saying "we are 15 points from being undefeated", accept the fact that your record is what it is and go on. It's always the same story from the blindly devoted faithful, "a good team finds a way to win" when you don't play your best. Very seldom do you see credit given to the opponent for playing well. Your macho talk of invincibility rings hollow as the "we are mightier than all others" lingo as well. My point in this whole thread is that a truly "objective" fan, one who can see all sides and is not so blinded by loyalty, would say this has the potential to be a really good game. If WOS wins then they were obviously the better team at the time. I have already posted on an earlier thread that the district championship still has to go through WOS because I am an objective fan. If BC wins then it will be a huge statement for their program and probably earn them some respect that many refuse to give them. 

As far as poking fun at Skipper goes I am definitely not the first one to make light of his computer skills. As you obviously read earlier in the thread Skipper and I were able to settle the situation in a friendly manner and I consider that the end of it. If you feel the need to stand up and come to the rescue go find a kitten in a tree.

Also, no crow recipes needed here due to the fact that I have generated no outlandish trash talk worthy of a crow dinner. You may need to save them for yourself since you are the only one predicting the outcome. I said it has the potential to be a really good game and that is what I am personally hoping for.

Rake1
[/quote]

Nope, still not contradiction. They are two seperate statements that I said close together. Here, ill help you understand. I said we are 10 points away from being undefeated. Those loses were to good teams that beat us. Never said it wasn't. Second, I said a win is a win. That also is a true statement. Also, a loss is a loss. I see what you are thinking but that is not what i meant when I said it. Also, I'm not the "only" one that predicts a win by the Mustangs. Just read the whole thread. Well have to agree to disagree on this.  Now...that could be a contradiction.....

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kicker" post="1084985" timestamp="1318782220"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=89886.msg1084754#msg1084754 date=1318741375]
This will be my first prediction of the season and i say WOS wins. Defense will shut their offense down and the score will depend on which Mustang offense shows up. I hate to say it, but we hear that this is BC's year every year that WOS doesn't beat everyone by 50 points. Remember folks, [b]were only 10 points from being undefeated[/b]. Yeah, we may not be hanging 60 on people but we find a way to win. [b]A win doesn't matter if its 1 or 100[/b]. I just really feel that there will be some heartbroken Cardinal fans come Saturday morning
[/quote]

Contradiction.....sure looks like it. A reply to this statement could go on for pages but for the sake of time and bandwith I'll just leave it short. These teams match up better than most will give credit. One would think that after the OF game most comments would center around preparing for a big game instead of dismissing a worthy opponent.

[/quote]

Not sure what your laughing at but if it makes you feel better more power to you. Also, thanks for the short response, much easier to read without all the red ink from the butchered grammar and -10's for spelling mistakes. ;D
[/quote]
Contradiction? Come on man, you make fun of someone that has problems with a keyboard. Low blow. He is a true Mustang and a stand up gentleman that happens to be 70 years old. Please let me know when this board turns into websters, but untill that happens, I believe this is about football. I stated that we were 10 points from being undefeated. I also stated a win is a win. Where is the contradiction? Please with your infinite knowledge explain. A great team finds a way to win. I'm not sure if you a are playing around and hope you are, but seems like the same posts we have seen for years. Bottom line is there will be many tears from bridge city come late Friday night. Typical, and entertaining. The only time BC talks is when a dog is wounded. Well a wounded dog is the MOST dangerous to play with. By the way, I have a great crow gumbo recipe that a few teams have shared with me if you would like.

[/quote]

Okay Kicker.....here you go. (with the help of my so called "infinite knowledge"

The contradiction comes from your 2 sided statement about being 10 points from undefeated and "a win is a win" is that simple enough for you. If it's 10 points or 100 points it's still a loss, you can't have it both ways which is what you are trying to do. You don't hear BC fans saying "we are 15 points from being undefeated", accept the fact that your record is what it is and go on. It's always the same story from the blindly devoted faithful, "a good team finds a way to win" when you don't play your best. Very seldom do you see credit given to the opponent for playing well. Your macho talk of invincibility rings hollow as the "we are mightier than all others" lingo as well. My point in this whole thread is that a truly "objective" fan, one who can see all sides and is not so blinded by loyalty, would say this has the potential to be a really good game. If WOS wins then they were obviously the better team at the time. I have already posted on an earlier thread that the district championship still has to go through WOS because I am an objective fan. If BC wins then it will be a huge statement for their program and probably earn them some respect that many refuse to give them. 

As far as poking fun at Skipper goes I am definitely not the first one to make light of his computer skills. As you obviously read earlier in the thread Skipper and I were able to settle the situation in a friendly manner and I consider that the end of it. If you feel the need to stand up and come to the rescue go find a kitten in a tree.

Also, no crow recipes needed here due to the fact that I have generated no outlandish trash talk worthy of a crow dinner. You may need to save them for yourself since you are the only one predicting the outcome. I said it has the potential to be a really good game and that is what I am personally hoping for.

Rake1
[/quote]

Nope, still not contradiction. They are two seperate statements that I said close together. Here, ill help you understand. I said we are 10 points away from being undefeated. Those loses were to good teams that beat us. Never said it wasn't. Second, I said a win is a win. That also is a true statement. Also, a loss is a loss. I see what you are thinking but that is not what i meant when I said it. Also, I'm not the "only" one that predicts a win by the Mustangs. Just read the whole thread. Well have to agree to disagree on this.  Now...that could be a contradiction.....
[/quote]

I beg to differ! No need to "help me understand" your bass akwards logic. You are still playing both sides of the fence. It still doesn't matter how many you lost by unless I missed a new stat that you have created. Give credit where credit is due, really it's okay to do that sometimes. And also nobody said you were the only one who predicted a win, don't get it twisted. I will agree that we will have to disagree. Please continue to support your team and enjoy the games ahead, I plan to do the same.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1084993" timestamp="1318782866"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=89886.msg1084985#msg1084985 date=1318782220]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=89886.msg1084754#msg1084754 date=1318741375]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]

[/quote]

I beg to differ! No need to "help me understand" your bass akwards logic. You are still playing both sides of the fence. It still doesn't matter how many you lost by unless I missed a new stat that you have created. Give credit where credit is due, really it's okay to do that sometimes. And also nobody said you were the only one who predicted a win, don't get it twisted. I will agree that we will have to disagree. Please continue to support your team and enjoy the games ahead, I plan to do the same.

Rake1
[/quote]

Actually I've given praise to all the teams that beat us and even the ones we beat. I will support my team, and other teams that have class. I'm tired of arguing with a tree so have fun. Besides, we are taking up too much room on the servers with all the quotes.

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1085039" timestamp="1318786940"]
Kicker, I beg to differ, you're not arguing with a tree, you're arguing with a stump.
[/quote]

Another incredible display of profound thinking from the faithful. Please share more with us for we are all made wiser by your presence alone. I know it hurts you when you can't beat logic. It would be politically incorrect to laugh at you guys because it's making fun of those who can't help themselves.

Rake1

Not sure w[quote name="Majestyk" post="1085062" timestamp="1318788857"]
I am full of incredible displays but profound thinking is not my strong suit.  Dang it Archie, what started this mess anyway?
[/quote]

Not sure on how it got started but I will be glad to end my part of it by saying good luck to both teams, hope it's a well played game, and that everyone involved stays safe.

Enjoy.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1085068" timestamp="1318789053"]
Not sure w[quote author=Majestyk link=topic=89886.msg1085062#msg1085062 date=1318788857]
I am full of incredible displays but profound thinking is not my strong suit.  Dang it Archie, what started this mess anyway?
[/quote]

Not sure on how it got started but I will be glad to end my part of it by saying good luck to both teams, hope it's a well played game, and that everyone involved stays safe.

Enjoy.

Rake1
[/quote]Ditto, what will probably happen though is the Cardinals win by 1 point and WO-S will be 11 points from being undefeated.  It should be a good one.

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1085099" timestamp="1318791092"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=89886.msg1085068#msg1085068 date=1318789053]
Not sure w[quote author=Majestyk link=topic=89886.msg1085062#msg1085062 date=1318788857]
[/quote]

Enjoy.

Rake1
[/quote]Ditto, what will probably happen though is the Cardinals win by 1 point and WO-S will be 11 points from being undefeated.  It should be a good one.
[/quote]

I just spit iced tea all over the keyboard and screen!! That was a good one Majestyk!!! Well done.

my loyality and pride says wos but what ive seen both on and off the field i will give the edge to bc  13-0...

the attitude, heart, and discipline we're use to has departed mustang land and unless our defense or special teams can score we may put up a fat goose egg.  i hope im wrong and we can find the real mustang football sometime this week.  :'(

[quote name="venom33" post="1085181" timestamp="1318796939"]
my loyality and pride says wos but what ive seen both on and off the field i will give the edge to bc  13-0...

the attitude, heart, and discipline we're use to has departed mustang land and unless our defense or special teams can score we may put up a fat goose egg.  i hope im wrong and we can find the real mustang football sometime this week.  :'(
[/quote]

It ALL falls on the coaches. The kids are playin' a 112%. Gotta go with the REAL WO-S Mustangs in this one. 112%

[quote name="OrangeFBfan" post="1085305" timestamp="1318801645"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=89886.msg1085181#msg1085181 date=1318796939]

[/quote]

It ALL falls on the coaches. The kids are playin' a 112%. Gotta go with the REAL WO-S Mustangs in this one. 112%
[/quote]

i hope youre right.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, if that was the case then it will be easier to fix. However, I know for a FACT that some players don't care. And trust me, its the truth. Before you ask, I'm respecting the source and will not bring it up again. Anyways, let's have a great ball game and hush the doubters.

[quote name="kicker" post="1085325" timestamp="1318802397"]
[quote author=OrangeFBfan link=topic=89886.msg1085305#msg1085305 date=1318801645]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, if that was the case then it will be easier to fix. However, I know for a FACT that some players don't care. And trust me, its the truth. Before you ask, I'm respecting the source and will not bring it up again. Anyways, let's have a great ball game and hush the doubters.
[/quote]

im hearing the exact samething from people who are on the field on fridays! this program is becoming a shell of its former self due to outsiders, lack of heart, and poor attitudes...

sad,sad,sad...

[/quote]

It ALL falls on the coaches. [b]The kids are playin' a 112%.[/b] Gotta go with the REAL WO-S Mustangs in this one. 112%
[/quote]

I don't think that is accurate.

I can say this about WOS.  This is honestly the first Cardinal team that goes into the BC/WOS game where BC is the favorite.  HOWEVER, I do think the Mustangs are still a very dangerous team and always has the firepower to ignite.  I really don't see how you played Nederland so close in week 1 and 7 weeks later it has come to this.  However, WOS is one team that can always beat you.

[quote name="Paratrooper" post="1085616" timestamp="1318816561"]
I can say this about WOS.  This is honestly the first Cardinal team that goes into the BC/WOS game where BC is the favorite.  HOWEVER, I do think the Mustangs are still a very dangerous team and always has the firepower to ignite.  I really don't see how you played Nederland so close in week 1 and 7 weeks later it has come to this.  However,[b] WOS is one team that can always beat you.[/b]
[/quote]

And in this case, [b]WILL[/b] always beat you.  ;) ;D (couldn't resist)

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1085498" timestamp="1318809175"]
[quote author=OrangeFBfan link=topic=89886.msg1085305#msg1085305 date=1318801645]

[/quote]

It ALL falls on the coaches. [b]The kids are playin' a 112%.[/b] Gotta go with the REAL WO-S Mustangs in this one. 112%
[/quote]

I don't think that is accurate.
[/quote]

You're gonna have a select few that don't give a 112%, but the majority of the kids do.

AggiesAreWe, Not sure where the hate for BC comes from, but must take a lot energy to post on every thread about them and always bash them.  It is great to support your team, but to constantly put down another team takes a great deal hostility. 

Hoping for a great game between these 2 teams Friday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder