Little Cypress-Mauriceville vs. Lumberton Game Thread/LCM wins!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bo are you kidding me? Lumbertons Offense had 485 yards of offense. 2 picks, 2 false starts, missed extra points lost the game. I mean seriously what insturment did you play in the band? Boram? are you Terry Boram? what year did you graduate? Coaches arent the problem. this is the same staff that brought Lumberton its 1st ever playoff birth 2 years in a row. That was also 2 district championships. This year they are really low on talent and have played some really good teams and been in every game.

This was a great game by both teams. IMO the jury is still out on our new OC, I'm thinking Creduer may need to step in here pretty soon. They let Granato pass a bit more tonight and he did well except for two intercepts, one of them was a pure panic throw when he had LCM on his hind end. Hopefully he'll learn to put a little more juice on it if he's throwing it away. Other than that mistake, Granato was a monster workhorse tonight.

ill help u north. we got to the 2 yard line then had 2 false starts in a row and ended up missing a fg. had an xtra point blocked. threw 2 picks. u cant get to mad at Granato bc he was great tonight and has been great all year. Offense isnt the problem. we have 4 key injurys, no depth and really low on talent.

[b]Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville 27, Lumberton 25 - Final[/b]

Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville Overall: 4-0  District: 1-0
Lumberton Overall: 0-4  District: 0-1
Boxscore
Friday September 23, 2011 7:30pm

1 2 3 4 Total
LCM          14 0 7 6 27
Lumberton 0 6 6 13 25

Scoring summary
LCM -- Brilon Douglas 5-yard run (Trent Manuel kick), 10:10, 1st.
LCM -- Brilon Douglas 85-yard run (Trent Manuel kick), 05:59, 1st.
LUM -- Clay Choate 3-yard run (kick failed), 05:57, 2nd.
LCM -- Alex Sezer 25-yard run (Trent Manuel kick), 08:51, 3rd.
LUM -- Jordan Granato 15-yard run (run failed), 05:11, 3rd.
LCM -- Brilon Douglas 6-yard run (kick failed), 11:54, 4th.
LUM -- Chase Hendrix 13-yard run (Dillion Mouton kick), 10:40, 4th.
LUM -- Jordan Granato 1-yard run (run failed), 00:34, 4th.

Team Stats
                  LC-M        Lumberton
Total yards  261            486
First downs  10              27
Rushes/Yds 26/242      60/376
Average rush 9.31          6.27
Comp/Atts 2/8/1          6/12/2
Pass yards 19                110
Comp pct  25                50
Punts        3                    2
Punting Yards 135          45
Punting Average 45      22.5
Fumbles/Lost 0/0          1/0
Penalties-yards 3-35    6-30

Lumberton is 0-4 on the year, but look at the teams they have played.  Losses to Jasper(2-3), BH(4-0), Silsbee(5-0), LC-M(4-0) who have a combined 15-3 record on the year are nothing to hang your head about. 

Don't sleep on Lumberton just yet.  They can win some games in this wide open district 20-4a.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1064742" timestamp="1316842405"]
Lumberton is 0-4 on the year, but look at the teams they have played.  Losses to Jasper(2-3), BH(4-0), Silsbee(5-0), LC-M(4-0) who have a combined 15-3 record on the year are nothing to hang your head about. 

Don't sleep on Lumberton just yet.  They can win some games in this wide open district 20-4a.
[/quote]You bet.  I know they will. They will put it all together and some people are going to go home sad. I still say Lumberton was a tuff team. They dont quit.  Great job Lumberton

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1064721" timestamp="1316840925"]
I guess the only stat that matters is the final score.  Still hard to believe that Lumerton lost with that big of an advantage in yards and total plays.
[/quote]Wow...how does that happen...What a tight district every game was a nail biter but p.n.g & liv

Neither team will make the playoffs out of that district. [quote name="raider44" post="1064058" timestamp="1316829270"]
[quote author=BORAM link=topic=88744.msg1064030#msg1064030 date=1316828453]
Lumberton has lost it! I think credeur can stay...but its time to clean house!
[/quote]
I agree!
[/quote]

Stang92, how can you agree with that statement having not seen a Lumberton game? This isnt like WOS whos a big 3A with D1 talent every year. If we have one guy go to college its exciting. This years group of kids fight hard esp Choate, Granato and a bunch others but losing Pace, Hughes, Manley arent doing them any favors. a few years ago people we're praising this staff for the turn around and having grown up in Lumberton I can stand by and say its a different culture there and the fact that this group of kids have fought back every game is a testament to that. Some of you are so blind and ignorant and all yall can think of is to call for coaches heads with out knowing a dang thing about what they do. smh

to all of you that watched this game in person IT WAS the turnovers and a short field to work with for lc-m that was the diffrence in this game. the young kid at QB for the raiders tryed to put the ball out of bounds on one of his scrambles and was hit and the ball never made it out of bounds fell into one of the kids hands from lc-m. you might tell me that i am nuts but to me the turnovers and the short field to work with was the diffrence in this game mother luck was not on the raiders side  PS sorry for the spelling

Stats are like conducting an interegation...sometimes you can torture them enough to make them say anythng you want.

LCM came out very sharp and looked good, but the Lumberton style of football played out exactly how it's set up.  Ball control.  The one stat I didn't see was time of posession.  Lumberton kept the ball for a HUGE chunk of the game especially in the second half.  The LCM offensive looked a little out of sync in the second half after sitting for so long...the Raiders did a good job of disrupting that rhythm.  Lumberton played tough all night and never let up.  Lumberton has to be the best 0-4 team in the state.
LCM continues to grow and this win will help them prepare when they see this same type offense in a few weeks.

One very important factor left out by most was the INSANELY STUPID penalties which always seemed to show up at key moments in the game.  Big mistakes (INT's, missed pick) and poor kicking.  Lumberton has the gutsiest group of core guys you may ever witness.  But until the goofy mistakes stop, it's gonna be a long road.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin