WO-S' Toby Foreman accepts assistant's position at Texas High

Toby Foreman, offensive coordinator and head boys track coach who was a finalist for the West Orange-Stark, Giddings and East Chambers head coaching positions, has accepted the offensive coordinator and track coach position at Texarkana, Texas High.  As you recall, the current head coach/athletic director at Texas High is Barry Norton, former offensive coordinator at West Orange-Stark.

Best of luck, Coach Foreman!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1012048" timestamp="1305669553"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=84370.msg1012045#msg1012045 date=1305668777]
gonna be tough filling those 3 positions
[/quote]

My understanding is that Coach Thompson was planning for that contingency.
[/quote]

I think I know who one of those fill-ins will be. ;)

we here feel sure that thompson has a few knocking his phone off the wall.this is not no SUPRISE to the that foreman was going to leave WO-S thats old news.thompson, has plenty of time to look at what he is looking for in a OC and we all feel that he will get the best one that can run his style of football .i will say this for coach foreman he did one hell of a good job there at WO-S and hope he can turn the program around there at his new school,norton is not the eases guy to please as we all know ,good luck toby

[quote name="skipper" post="1012052" timestamp="1305670095"]
we here feel sure that thompson has a few knocking his phone off the wall.this is not no SUPRISE to the that foreman was going to leave WO-S thats old news.thompson, has plenty of time to look at what he is looking for in a OC and we all feel that he will get the best one that can run his style of football .i will say this for coach foreman he did one heck of a good job there at WO-S and hope he can turn the program around there at his new school,norton is not the eases guy to please as we all know ,good luck toby
[/quote]Norton was at Texas High in 2003? Wasnt he the one that kicked off the star QB from the team the day of the state semi-final game versus North Crowley?

Welcome to Texas High and district 13-4A coach Foreman. Texas High should be improved this year. They went to the playoffs last year, but lost in bi district to the John Tyler Lions. Also, it will be good to see you in the tack program. Like WOS the Tigers have plenty of speed. Texas High is a large 4A school, and plays in the 13-4A district with S.Springs, Mt. Pleasant, Royse City, Greenville, Sherman and Denison.

Barry Norton is the Tigers head football coach and AD. He has produced a lot of great QB. Two that come to mind are Ryan Mallett, now a New England Patriot, and Nat Sorreson who is at Okla State. The Tigers will open the season with Vidor and play the game at Lufkin.

Good luck to WOS and their coach this season.

Guest jettyman
Texas High could arguable have one of the best staffs in the state.  Along with Norton and the new addition, Foreman, they have a solid DC, Jeff Harrell.  Jeff was at LC-M with Norton then left when Cornell Thompson went to Palestine. Cornell left the following year and Jeff took over the AD/HC position. Harrell had the opportunity to coach A. Peterson.  Great guys! 

Congrats Toby, and goodluck. I totally agree with the comments mentioned about the other coaches mentioned who coach at Texas High. I was coached by Jeff Harrell when he was at LC-M and played against Barry Norton's offense from (WO-S). Should be a much better ballclub with this edition. I will definitely be looking out for them in Track.

I never ran track but someone tell me exactly how much coaching is involved?  I am not trying to be funny but it seems like from the tack side of "track and field" it is "run like you are on fire".  Again...just wondering.  Because I had a good friend that would just show up at meets when I was in school and take home the goodies.

Heck yeah....track coaching is a piece of cake....you don't have to know anything....everyone knows how to come out of the blocks, "jump" a hurdle, develop a workout that trains the kids for their race without overtraining them, how to pass a baton in 3 different relays, how to get kids to show up to RUN!!!!!, anyone can do it....why don't you come out and coach them?  I am sure they will turn all the kids over to you....

[quote name="Elben1968" post="1013748" timestamp="1306245885"]
Heck yeah....track coaching is a piece of cake....you don't have to know anything....everyone knows how to come out of the blocks, "jump" a hurdle, develop a workout that trains the kids for their race without overtraining them, how to pass a baton in 3 different relays, how to get kids to show up to RUN!!!!!, anyone can do it....why don't you come out and coach them?  I am sure they will turn all the kids over to you....
[/quote]

Had I been able to ask the question in person, you could have told by the tone of my voice that I was asking and in jest showing my ignorance to the sport...."Im not trying to be funny but it SEEMS...." because I did have a friend that never practiced but always did well.  Sorry if I offended

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder