20-4a All District Picks

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="football" post="922833" timestamp="1291142583"]
Unless you have an independent stat person at each game, then stats can be slanted.  Do you count how good the rb and wr block? Should you?  The only way you can change this process is to become a coach yourself and work to change the process to your liking.
[/quote]

This is not about my liking, I have friends at all schools and go watch as many games as I can. All sports are based on numbers therefore I asked the question why stats are not used. Not that difficult to keep up with, no hidden agenda for me, I just want the kid with the best numbers at his given position to be rewarded regardless of school. As someone stated before Trevin is District MVP in my book.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="922368" timestamp="1291073611"]
Not a bad list!  Considering some saying that our district was 'down' this year, I will put these boys against any other all district team and we would win.  Special thanks to my District Champion Jag players representing.  [glow=red,2,300]Now, the whole Sonnier kid from Nederland debacle?  NO COMMENT...  [/glow] [/quote]I would not comment on it either Soulja because if he would have touched the ball three more times against your jags we would have won that game  ;) ;)...But I guess everybody who is saying Big Neds coach should be coach of the year must not have went to the games we lost in district...

I am surprised at the uproar over all district.  The watered down all district selections happen in all sports in 20-4A.  If you have paid attention it seems the standards change each year to fit who the most influential coaches want to get recognized from their team.  I compare it to summer league all star selections when kids make it due to being related to a coach; because every team feels they have to be represented whether they have a player deserving of the recognition; or because they have a good looking momma. ;)   

[quote name="Cool Hand Luke" post="923330" timestamp="1291208967"]
I am surprised at the uproar over all district.  The watered down all district selections happen in all sports in 20-4A.  If you have paid attention it seems the standards change each year to fit who the most influential coaches want to get recognized from their team.  I compare it to summer league all star selections when kids make it due to being related to a coach; because every team feels they have to be represented whether they have a player deserving of the recognition; or [b]because they have a good looking momma. ;)     [/b]
[/quote]
LOL! :D...Go Moms! :D :D

[quote name="BaseBow" post="923316" timestamp="1291207233"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76798.msg922368#msg922368 date=1291073611]
Not a bad list!  Considering some saying that our district was 'down' this year, I will put these boys against any other all district team and we would win.  Special thanks to my District Champion Jag players representing.  [glow=red,2,300]Now, the whole Sonnier kid from Nederland debacle?  NO COMMENT...  [/glow] [/quote]I would not comment on it either Soulja because if he would have touched the ball three more times against your jags we would have won that game  ;) ;)...But I guess everybody who is saying Big Neds coach should be coach of the year must not have went to the games we lost in district...
[/quote]Thn we would have  went to the air a whole lot more with our First team Young gun QB and he would have rang up 400 yards passing with a game winning TD at the end of regulation... ;D ;D ;) ;)

He also has a very extensive "extended family" on this board. That's how we roll.

[/quote]

I hate to tell ya, but Nelson has a "extended family" on these boards also, and we will also back him untill the very end...
and with that said , being thats "how ya'll roll" .. and you stating your opinions so matter of factly..

enjoy your pick there as 1st team WR...but just know, EVERYONE knows Nelson was the better reciever and he put up the number to back it up. So just take your faulty political "give me" pick there and enjoy it. But remember, WE KNOW THE TRUTH.

CONGRATS JACE NELSON ON A FINE RECORD SETTING SEASON. YOU WERE AND ARE THE BEST AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO WATCHING YA PLAY AS THE BEST RECIEVER IN THE AREA AGAIN NEXT SEASON.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="19Cherokee90" post="923396" timestamp="1291214102"]

He also has a very extensive "extended family" on this board. That's how we roll.

[/quote]

I hate to tell ya, but Nelson has a "extended family" on these boards also, and we will also back him untill the very end...
and with that said , being thats "how ya'll roll" .. and you stating your opinions so matter of factly..

enjoy your pick there as 1st team WR...but just know, EVERYONE knows Nelson was the better reciever and he put up the number to back it up. So just take your faulty political "give me" pick there and enjoy it. But remember, WE KNOW THE TRUTH.

CONGRATS JACE NELSON ON A FINE RECORD SETTING SEASON. YOU WERE AND ARE THE BEST AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO WATCHING YA PLAY AS THE BEST RECIEVER IN THE AREA AGAIN NEXT SEASON.

[/quote]

Ouch!

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="923341" timestamp="1291210400"]
[quote author=Cool Hand Luke link=topic=76798.msg923330#msg923330 date=1291208967]
I am surprised at the uproar over all district.  The watered down all district selections happen in all sports in 20-4A.  If you have paid attention it seems the standards change each year to fit who the most influential coaches want to get recognized from their team.  I compare it to summer league all star selections when kids make it due to being related to a coach; because every team feels they have to be represented whether they have a player deserving of the recognition; or [b]because they have a good looking momma. ;)     [/b]
[/quote]
[/quote]

To get all that recognition, both of Trevin's moms must be HOTTT!!!  :D ;D :D ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="923372" timestamp="1291212688"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=76798.msg923316#msg923316 date=1291207233]
[/quote]Thn we would have  went to the air a whole lot more with our First team Young gun QB and he would have rang up 400 yards passing with a game winning TD at the end of regulation... ;D ;D ;) ;)
[/quote] All about ball control Soulja... You would have never had the chance to go to the young gun because Sonnier would have got the 1st and probably scored again because the jags had no answere for # 9 ..Just like Livingston & Crosby no answeres..But for some reason coach did not choose ..never mind you know what I meen. ;) Its all in fun ....Baseball now baby are the JAGS ready for some Baseball ;D

[quote name="dayton" post="923408" timestamp="1291214714"]
[quote author=Sgt Rey link=topic=76798.msg923341#msg923341 date=1291210400]
[quote author=Cool Hand Luke link=topic=76798.msg923330#msg923330 date=1291208967]
I am surprised at the uproar over all district.  The watered down all district selections happen in all sports in 20-4A.  If you have paid attention it seems the standards change each year to fit who the most influential coaches want to get recognized from their team.  I compare it to summer league all star selections when kids make it due to being related to a coach; because every team feels they have to be represented whether they have a player deserving of the recognition; or [b]because they have a good looking momma. ;)     [/b]
[/quote]
[/quote]

To get all that recognition, both of Trevin's moms must be HOTTT!!!  :D ;D :D ;D
[/quote]That is so funny :D :D..I think I know both of them ;)

[quote name="BaseBow" post="923442" timestamp="1291217479"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76798.msg923372#msg923372 date=1291212688]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=76798.msg923316#msg923316 date=1291207233]
[/quote] All about ball control Soulja... You would have never had the chance to go to the young gun because Sonnier would have got the 1st and probably scored again because the jags had no answere for # 9 ..Just like Livingston & Crosby no answeres..But for some reason coach did not choose ..never mind you know what I meen. ;) Its all in fun ....Baseball now baby are the JAGS ready for some Baseball ;D
[/quote]Jags baseball?  Never heard of it. Are we ready for Basketball and Track?  YESS!   ;D ;D

[/quote]

[/quote][glow=red,2,300]Lets get over it and meet for a big " extended family " group hug ..Wow :o[/glow]

[/quote]

CONGRATS [b]JACE[/b] NELSON ON A FINE RECORD SETTING SEASON. YOU WERE AND ARE THE BEST AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO WATCHING YA PLAY AS THE BEST RECIEVER IN THE AREA AGAIN NEXT SEASON.

[/quote]

If you actually knew him you would know he spells his name JAYCE not Jace.

Why do people have to come on here and act all crazy.  ::)

Most coaches vote for all district by merit of which player hurt them in that one game, not on stats. So if a reciever from school A had a big influence in the game vs Team B, then team b's coach would usually vote for that rec..
Regardless of what his stats were.

Most of the all district teams are too watered down, usually because kids tie and instead of doing a tiebreaker, the district leaves all of the kids who tie on the all district team. so you may have 3 centers on the 1st team and 2 on the 2nd team.

From the time the final vote was counted (3 weeks ago) until it was made public I know an INJUSTICE was done for the selecting of the COACH OF THE YEAR. First of all, this post has NOTHING to do with Coach Crouch, he and his staff have done an excellent job at LCM. Secondly, Coach Washington has NOTHING to do with this post as well. Im about to show some FACTS about the two programs and I hope you can see why I believe an INJUSTICE was done. Returning Starters LCM (14, 7 & 7) Central (4, 1 & 3) Returning Letterman LCM (24) Central (7) District Record LCM (2009 1-5, 2010 4-3 NO PLAYOFFS) Central (2009 1ST YEAR AS HC 5-2, PLAYOFFS 3 ROUNDS, 2010 6-1 OUTRIGHT DISTRICT CHAMPS, PLAYOFFS 2 ROUNDS) Central WON the 2010 20-4a DISTRICT  Title with 12 Starters from the 2009 JV, 7 Letterman from 2009, & 2 Starters from 2009 Freshman & 1 Starter from 8th Grade!! Now who should have been the 2010 20-4a COACH OF THE YEAR????

[quote name="que dog 5" post="923594" timestamp="1291228092"]
From the time the final vote was counted (3 weeks ago) until it was made public I know an INJUSTICE was done for the selecting of the COACH OF THE YEAR. First of all, this post has NOTHING to do with Coach Crouch, he and his staff have done an excellent job at LCM. Secondly, Coach Washington has NOTHING to do with this post as well. Im about to show some FACTS about the two programs and I hope you can see why I believe an INJUSTICE was done. Returning Starters LCM (14, 7 & 7) Central (4, 1 & 3) Returning Letterman LCM (24) Central (7) District Record LCM (2009 1-5, 2010 4-3 NO PLAYOFFS) Central (2009 1ST YEAR AS HC 5-2, PLAYOFFS 3 ROUNDS, 2010 6-1 OUTRIGHT DISTRICT CHAMPS, PLAYOFFS 2 ROUNDS) Central WON the 2010 20-4a DISTRICT  Title with 12 Starters from the 2009 JV, 7 Letterman from 2009, & 2 Starters from 2009 Freshman & 1 Starter from 8th Grade!! [glow=red,2,300]Now who should have been the 2010 20-4a COACH OF THE YEAR????[/glow][/quote][glow=red,2,300]TREVIN SONNIER "R" JAYCE NELSON ;D

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="923458" timestamp="1291218326"]
[quote author=19Cherokee90 link=topic=76798.msg923396#msg923396 date=1291214102]

If you actually knew him you would know he spells his name JAYCE not Jace.

Why do people have to come on here and act all crazy.  ::)
[/quote]

Now that is FUNNY ;D

[quote author=que dog 5 link=topic=76798.msg923594#msg923594 date=1291228092]
From the time the final vote was counted (3 weeks ago) until it was made public I know an INJUSTICE was done for the selecting of the COACH OF THE YEAR. First of all, this post has NOTHING to do with Coach Crouch, he and his staff have done an excellent job at LCM. Secondly, Coach Washington has NOTHING to do with this post as well. Im about to show some FACTS about the two programs and I hope you can see why I believe an INJUSTICE was done. Returning Starters LCM (14, 7 & 7) Central (4, 1 & 3) Returning Letterman LCM (24) Central (7) District Record LCM (2009 1-5, 2010 4-3 NO PLAYOFFS) Central (2009 1ST YEAR AS HC 5-2, PLAYOFFS 3 ROUNDS, 2010 6-1 OUTRIGHT DISTRICT CHAMPS, PLAYOFFS 2 ROUNDS) Central WON the 2010 20-4a DISTRICT  Title with 12 Starters from the 2009 JV, 7 Letterman from 2009, & 2 Starters from 2009 Freshman & 1 Starter from 8th Grade!! Now who should have been the 2010 20-4a COACH OF THE YEAR????
[u]
[/u]Easy to answer - BRANDON FAIRCLOTH! Which team went the farthest?  PNG[/u]

@ Squaw1, The selection was made well before any PLAYOFF games were played BUT I'm glad u mentioned that criteria because Central went farther into the playoffs last year(2009) than PNG and Coach Washington wasn't the coach of the year. I know for a FACT that it was said that because PNG was the outright district champ Faircloth should be the COACH OF THE YEAR... Now is it easy to answer? Question is... WHY DID THE CRITERIA CHANGE THIS YEAR? Central was the outright district champs, so why wasn't COACH WASHINGTON THE COACH OF THE YEAR? I'm going to give you this scenario...If Ozen improves from 1-6 to 4-3 and does not make the playoffs (AS DID LCM) is it fair to say Coach Nelson should be 2011 Coach Of The Year? I read on one reply that ''POLITICS'' came into play with the selection, so now they're calling it ''POLITICS''...LOL

Not trying to be disrespectful but suprising how some people don't understand the concept of District Play and playoffs mean nothing in this vote. As I've stated before all awards should be based on the stats during district play, no pre-season or playoffs. I will be .50 cents extra per ticket to have the district hire a 3rd party stat person for each game so no one calls foul. That is the only way it will every be fair. Looks like 19-4A has the same POLITICS! ;)

[quote name="que dog 5" post="923713" timestamp="1291237872"]
@ Squaw1, The selection was made well before any PLAYOFF games were played BUT I'm glad u mentioned that criteria because Central went farther into the playoffs last year(2009) than PNG and Coach Washington wasn't the coach of the year. I know for a FACT that it was said that because PNG was the outright district champ Faircloth should be the COACH OF THE YEAR... Now is it easy to answer? Question is... WHY DID THE CRITERIA CHANGE THIS YEAR? Central was the outright district champs, so why wasn't COACH WASHINGTON THE COACH OF THE YEAR? I'm going to give you this scenario...If Ozen improves from 1-6 to 4-3 and does not make the playoffs (AS DID LCM) is it fair to say Coach Nelson should be 2011 Coach Of The Year? I read on one reply that ''POLITICS'' came into play with the selection, so now they're calling it ''POLITICS''...LOL
[/quote]
I am just gonna make 1 comment then I'll let it go. It really doesn't matter who has been selected where cuz there is no possible way to make everybody on this site happy!  :D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder