20-4a All District Picks

Enjun07, I can assure you Trevin's family has NO connections and is by far 'buddy buddy' with any coaches that voted. I'm sorry that Nelson didn't make 1st team. With those stats that is sad, bit don't drag 2 of the boys who did down because of it. They were 2 of our hardest playing players with more heart than I've seen in most teams as a whole. Congrats to Trev and Brent on a great job this year!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="1696dogs" post="922275" timestamp="1291065977"]
Enjun07, I can assure you Trevin's family has NO connections and is by far 'buddy buddy' with any coaches that voted. I'm sorry that Nelson didn't make 1st team. With those stats that is sad, bit don't drag 2 of the boys who did down because of it. They were 2 of our hardest playing players with more heart than I've seen in most teams as a whole. Congrats to Trev and Brent on a great job this year!
[/quote]

I am sure he was not singling Sonnier's family out but more of Coach Faircloth has only been around a couple of years kind of deal. Not saying I agree. It could have just been an oversight. Who knows.

The coaches make these picks, no media involved. The media does not have an all-district team, only their publication team for the area (All Orange Leader Team, All BE team, ect. ect.)

Also, only district games and the stats compiled in those games are used for these picks. No non district or playoff stats are used.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="922270" timestamp="1291065675"]
[quote author=bearfan14 link=topic=76798.msg922257#msg922257 date=1291064736]
To all the PN-G fans whining about LC-M's Coach Crouch winning Coach of the Year instead of their coach, shut up. He is an amazing coach, and a great leader. Look at what he's done in two years to a program that was CRAP two years ago. Hat's off to him, I'm glad he won it. And if you disagree, you don't know much about football.
[/quote]
Nobody's whining. We simply think that Neuman from Nederland or Faircloth should've got it due to thier seasons. Crouch turned LCM around, but failed to make the playoffs again. Neuman took an injury plagued team and made them into a playoff team. Faircloth took a team that was 1-4 and 0-2 in district to the third round of the playoffs. Those two examples have to be considered. Congrats to all of the kids. BTW, I think Sonnier should've been MVP of the district. He was the main reason Nederland had a week 11.
[/quote]

It's a good arguement. All good coaches, and good teams.

I guess the 1st and 2nd team should be composed entirely of PNG and Nederland players.  Maybe if you guys whine enough they will change the picks.      ::)

All District picks have never been perfect and never will be.  Get over it.  I think this thread should have been used to congratulate the players that were selected and to recognize all of the teams for making this a great district race this year.

Congrats to all that made it. Trevin Sonnier-Wilddog Quarterback, Wide Receiver, Safety, Fieldgoal Holder. Nederland's M.V.P. Anyone that went to a Nederland game this year ought to know that. Quit all the complaining and go into that little league all-star voting room and complain. Maybe we could start calling in votes like "Dancing with the Stars".

[quote name="9Doggies" post="922298" timestamp="1291067378"]
Congrats to all that made it. Trevin Sonnier-Wilddog Quarterback, Wide Receiver, Safety, Fieldgoal Holder. Nederland's M.V.P. Anyone that went to a Nederland game this year ought to know that. Quit all the complaining and go into that little league all-star voting room and complain. Maybe we could start calling in votes like "Dancing with the Stars".
[/quote]

;D

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="922320" timestamp="1291068327"]
[quote author=Enjun07 link=topic=76798.msg922315#msg922315 date=1291068154]
No Doubt about it...this is not the list...so yall can take it off here!
[/quote]

And where is the list then?
[/quote]
Not sure what enjun is talking about it is in the Beaumont Surprise, I would hate to think they would be that stupid to put it in print.

[quote name="1696dogs" post="922275" timestamp="1291065977"]
[/quote]

With as many receivers as there already is on the first team, adding Nelson to it surely wouldn't water it down any, in fact it would bring it up a few notches!

This just In:  20-4a All District 1st Team Offense:
                    QB - PNG'S, RB's - PNG'S, OL - PNG'S, WR's - PNG'S
                    MVP - PNG'S Defense for forcing the offense to score all   
                            those points and making everybody look so good 
                            with the extra opportunities.

Coach of the Nation goes to Faircloth

Did we leave anyone out?  ::)

[quote name="cooligan" post="922346" timestamp="1291070761"]
This just In:   20-4a All District 1st Team Offense:

[/quote]

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who noticed.

Congratulations to all the picks and especially to the first timers.  The whole district was very competitive and there were many players who performed well, consequently some players could have been and were probably overlooked.  Remember, these selections are voted on by the coaches and also the coaches cannot vote for a player on his own team.  It's not a perfect process, but it's a fair process all things considered.    Chuck Hughes

I don't know about any of the rest of the players, but Trevin Sonnier could take up a couple more spots on that list and it would be fair. Most amazing player I have seen since Ryan Butler.

I think Neumann did a great job again with underclassmen and injuries to key players, and Faircloth took his team deep in the playoffs, but I'm OK with the Crouch selection. Acknowledgements like this only make our district stronger, and that's what we need.

[quote name="cooligan" post="922346" timestamp="1291070761"]
This just In:   20-4a All District 1st Team Offense:

[/quote]
Your point is valid, yes we went over the top myself included. I would like to know what the selection process is for the coaches? You cannot deny that stats must not count for as much as most think. Congrats to all those who play not only the studs.

Not a bad list!  Considering some saying that our district was 'down' this year, I will put these boys against any other all district team and we would win.  Special thanks to my District Champion Jag players representing.  Now, the whole Sonnier kid from Nederland debacle?  NO COMMENT... 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="922368" timestamp="1291073611"]
Not a bad list!  Considering some saying that our district was 'down' this year, I will put these boys against any other all district team and we would win.  Special thanks to my District Champion Jag players representing.  [b]Now, the whole Sonnier kid from Nederland debacle?[/b]  NO COMMENT...  
[/quote]

You just did.  :D

What debacle?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder