20-4a All District Picks

[quote name="BaseBow" post="923442" timestamp="1291217479"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76798.msg923372#msg923372 date=1291212688]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=76798.msg923316#msg923316 date=1291207233]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76798.msg922368#msg922368 date=1291073611]
Not a bad list!  Considering some saying that our district was 'down' this year, I will put these boys against any other all district team and we would win.  Special thanks to my District Champion Jag players representing.  [glow=red,2,300]Now, the whole Sonnier kid from Nederland debacle?  NO COMMENT...  [/glow] [/quote]I would not comment on it either Soulja because if he would have touched the ball three more times against your jags we would have won that game  ;) ;)...But I guess everybody who is saying Big Neds coach should be coach of the year must not have went to the games we lost in district...
[/quote]Thn we would have  went to the air a whole lot more with our First team Young gun QB and he would have rang up 400 yards passing with a game winning TD at the end of regulation... ;D ;D ;) ;)
[/quote] All about ball control Soulja... You would have never had the chance to go to the young gun because Sonnier would have got the 1st and probably scored again because the jags had no answere for # 9 ..Just like Livingston & Crosby no answeres..But for some reason coach did not choose ..never mind you know what I meen. ;) Its all in fun ....Baseball now baby are the JAGS ready for some Baseball ;D
[/quote]

Didn't need to score. One more first down....take a knee. But Central is always talking about getting no respect.

Sorry Soulja, no one, and I mean no one stopped Sonnier in the Wildcat/Dog all year.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="923728" timestamp="1291239288"]
I think Que dog 5 made  some VERY interesting points... Especially explaining the Coach of the year thing.. Strong argument!
[/quote]

I agree.  Travesty.  One correction though,  Faircloth won it last yr.,  [b]not because PNG was the outright DC[/b],  but rather because he brought a 3-7 team to 10-0 in 1 season!  In my opinion,  it's how much of a positive change a coach made.  Crouch started out great,  but couldn't produce when it mattered most,  like Central's coach did.  And Washington did it with less returning than LCM had.  A similar argument can be made for Neuman, accomplishing what he did through adversity.

I'm not saying Neuman is a bad couch but he is not coach of the year.  Some of Nederland's losses were due to bad coaches calls.  Case in point... 4th down like 4 yards to go with only a few minutes left in the game and a field goal wont get us a win but the coaches choose to kick one anyway (which we missed) and then try for an onside kick which didn't work instead of going for it??????? Just my opionion but this kind of play calling happend several times and lost us games.  That last playoff game putting an un-experienced quarterback in to throw countless times (whick were not being caught) instead of going with what was working (running the wild-dog) or using the running backs.  He was obviously preparing the quarterback for the next season and not playing for that game.  He gave up on his playmakers.  Just getting to the playoffs seems to be enough for him. He seems to only want to get by.  The games Nederland did win was because the boys pulled together and played their butts off but sometimes bad play calling shut them down. JUST MY OPINION

[quote name="Dogs2x2" post="924942" timestamp="1291393194"]
Case in point... 4th down like 4 yards to go with only a few minutes left in the game and a field goal wont get us a win but the coaches choose to kick one anyway (which we missed) and then try for an onside kick which didn't work instead of going for it??????? Just my opionion but this kind of play calling happend several times and lost us games.  [/quote]

Just curious, are you talking about the Livingston game here with the 4th down call?

[quote name="Dogs2x2" post="925114" timestamp="1291411688"]
Yep Livingston game
[/quote]

I want to be clear, you're saying that down by 11 (two scores, needing a field goal) with less than 2 minutes, with a fourth and 4 inside the 20, you don't take the points you know you need and go get the onside kick?  Just wanting to clarify what your coaching strategy would've been.

[quote name="Penny" post="925164" timestamp="1291415560"]
[quote author=Dogs2x2 link=topic=76798.msg925114#msg925114 date=1291411688]
Yep Livingston game
[/quote]

I want to be clear, you're saying that down by 11 (two scores, needing a field goal) with less than 2 minutes, with a fourth and 4 inside the 20, you don't take the points you know you need and go get the onside kick?  Just wanting to clarify what your coaching strategy would've been.
[/quote]My strategy is put it in #9 hands and win the game and go home :D

Guest Brubaker
[quote name="BaseBow" post="925732" timestamp="1291455261"]
[quote author=Penny link=topic=76798.msg925164#msg925164 date=1291415560]
Yep Livingston game
[/quote]

[/quote]

No Basebow, you're smarter than that.  In that specific situation being called out, you would take the 3 points .  Not doing so is the stuff that should get you FIRED. After getting the onside kick, absolutely, put it in #9's hands.  That's not the point, the point is people who have no idea what they're talking about criticizing an obvious move to kick the field goal.

3 points would not win the game.  There was little to no time left on the clock.  We did not get the 3 points nor did we recover the onside kick.  So what then?  We could have [b]Should[/b] have went for it.  Please dont tell me I dont know what Im talking about.  Were you there??? Do you think these coaches are perfect and all there calls are gold??  This happend several times over the 2010 season.  Not good play calling.  That Is My Opinion!

:o how does the fullback from vidor get 1st team over the fullback mays from livingston  ??? mays had more rushing yards and more tds than the guy from vidor..these are the stats on both players from beaumont enterprise.
Rushing
Name        Att      Yds      Yds/Att  TD
Devonte Mays  158        965  6.11    16

Rushing
Name          Att        Yds  Yds/Att  TD
Brentyn Clark  120  695      5.79 

Guest Brubaker
[quote name="Dogs2x2" post="927404" timestamp="1291648830"]
3 points would not win the game.  There was little to no time left on the clock.   We did not get the 3 points nor did we recover the onside kick.  So what then?  We could have [b]Should[/b] have went for it.  Please dont tell me I dont know what Im talking about.  Were you there??? Do you think these coaches are perfect and all there calls are gold??  This happend several times over the 2010 season.  Not good play calling.  That Is My Opinion!
[/quote]

6 points won't win it either in that situation, you need 3 and 6, and an onside kick.  With a 4th and 4, every coach worth his salt with a kicker, which Nederland had a very good one, will take the 3 and go get the onside kick that they need to win the game.  THAT IS NOT MY OPINION, that is the right decision.  BIG FAT PERIOD.  The fact that you use this as an example of POOR PLAYCALLING, is ridiculous.  You could use other examples, I'm sure Basebow could help, but this is just not one of them.

[quote name="Brubaker" post="928465" timestamp="1291779687"]
[quote author=Dogs2x2 link=topic=76798.msg927404#msg927404 date=1291648830]
3 points would not win the game.  There was little to no time left on the clock.   We did not get the 3 points nor did we recover the onside kick.  So what then?  We could have [b]Should[/b] have went for it.  Please dont tell me I dont know what Im talking about.  Were you there??? Do you think these coaches are perfect and all there calls are gold??  This happend several times over the 2010 season.  Not good play calling.  That Is My Opinion!
[/quote]

6 points won't win it either in that situation, you need 3 and 6, and an onside kick.  With a 4th and 4, every coach worth his salt with a kicker, which Nederland had a very good one, will take the 3 and go get the onside kick that they need to win the game.  THAT IS NOT MY OPINION, that is the right decision.  BIG FAT PERIOD.  The fact that you use this as an example of POOR PLAYCALLING, is ridiculous.  You could use other examples, I'm sure Basebow could help, but this is just not one of them.
[/quote]YEP ;)

Bru the only smart one on here.    ::)

[quote name="Brubaker" post="926700" timestamp="1291565873"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=76798.msg925732#msg925732 date=1291455261]
Yep Livingston game
[/quote]

[/quote]

No Basebow, you're smarter than that.  In that specific situation being called out, you would take the 3 points .  Not doing so is the stuff that should get you FIRED. After getting the onside kick, absolutely, put it in #9's hands.  That's not the point, the point is people who have no idea what they're talking about criticizing an obvious move to kick the field goal.

[/quote]

[quote name="Brubaker" post="926700" timestamp="1291565873"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=76798.msg925732#msg925732 date=1291455261]
Yep Livingston game
[/quote]

[/quote]

[glow=red,2,300]No Basebow, you're smarter than that.[/glow]  [glow=red,2,300]In that specific situation being called out, you would take the 3 points [/glow] .  Not doing so is the stuff that should get you FIRED. After getting the onside kick, absolutely, put it in #9's hands.  That's not the point, the point is people who have no idea what they're talking about criticizing an obvious move to kick the field goal.

[/quote]I am talking about putting it in #9s hands way befor the state of panic...Like the first 3qtrs ;)

[quote name="FSU24" post="927449" timestamp="1291654310"]
:o how does the fullback from vidor get 1st team over the fullback mays from livingston  ??? mays had more rushing yards and more tds than the guy from vidor..these are the stats on both players from beaumont enterprise.
Rushing
Name        Att       Yds      Yds/Att   TD
Devonte Mays   158        965  6.11    16

Rushing
Name           Att        Yds   Yds/Att   TD
Brentyn Clark   120   695       5.79   

[/quote]

cause clark is awesome idk

it was like lastyear when vidor had 3 srat backs and livingstons guy got 1st team only because we had 3 to choose from but they only had one guy

pitman deff. should have got 1st last year but didnt so i guess its all up to the coaches picks huh?

[quote name="vidorSDMF" post="931582" timestamp="1292125630"]
[quote author=FSU24 link=topic=76798.msg927449#msg927449 date=1291654310]
Rushing
Name        Att       Yds      Yds/Att   TD
Devonte Mays   158        965  6.11    16

Rushing
Name           Att        Yds   Yds/Att   TD
Brentyn Clark   120   695       5.79   

[/quote]

cause clark is awesome idk

it was like lastyear when vidor had 3 srat backs and livingstons guy got 1st team only because we had 3 to choose from but they only had one guy

pitman deff. should have got 1st last year but didnt so i guess its all up to the coaches picks huh?
[/quote]

The whole all district picks show that the coaches werent paying attention to what the kids in the district were really doing.  There are three kickers on firt team.  KICKERS really.  Look at the Mays kid numbers.  This happened throughout the picks.  Thats why this thread has been going on for so long.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder