20-4a All District Picks

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="19Cherokee90" post="922081" timestamp="1291056586"]
Thats the worst picks ive EVER seen. Doty MVP and not 1st or 2nd team QB??  Nelson 2nd team?? The kids the absolute best reciever by far in the district. Funk Funky Funky picks. LCM coach the coach of the year when ya have a coach turn a team around from 1-4 and bring em to 3rd round of the playoffs?? This list is unbelievablely wrong.

How Jace Nelson can be second team I'll never know. The kids probably the best reciever in High school in this district Ive seen since watching these area teams since the mid seventies.

If Im not mistaken 1 PNG o-line guy on 1st team?? Man I don't think anyone would argue that dang near this entire line deserved 1st team honors.

When i initially read this list I thought it was some jack-legs picks who had no clue what he was talking about. Now that I know the list is legit..I change that sentiment to it must have been a WHOLE BUNCH OF JACK-LEGS WHO DON'T HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.
[/quote]

Guys, remember that, as is the case will all all-district teams, once a player is given an award (MVP, Off MVP, Def MVP, NOY), he is not considered in the positions.  So that is why Brennan is not on the 1st or 2nd team offense.

That is a horrible list then. J. Nelson not being first team is about the biggest goof I have seen on one of these lists.

Here are some final stats...

T. Sonnier 20  188      1
B. Salenga 28  444      4
J. Nelson  74  1123    12 

it is not even close. Take away the two extra games and Nelson still had more catches, yards, and TD's than those two combined. And he is a second teamer?

[quote name="Dogs2x2" post="922125" timestamp="1291059542"]
Congrats Boys!  I can only speak for the Nederland Boys but you people saying this is a bogus list can jump in the lake.  All those Nederland boys listed deserved it.  So when you say this is bogus be more specific cause not ALL the boys listed are bogus.
[/quote]

It is bogus when the district leader in yards and TD's is not a first team WR.

T. Sonnier deserves 1st team utility. Heck maybe even district MVP. But not 1st team WR. And Coach Crouch? His team did not even make the playoffs. They choked down the stretch. Either Nuemann or Faircloth should have been the coach. Neumann for dealing with so many injuries and still making the playoffs or Faircloth for starting 1-4 and 0-2 in district then turning it around and winning out and going 3 rounds deep in the playoffs.

[quote name="akifan94" post="922101" timestamp="1291058385"]
That is a horrible list then. J. Nelson not being first team is about the biggest goof I have seen on one of these lists.

Here are some final stats...

[glow=red,2,300]T. Sonnier 20  188      1
B. Salenga 28  444      4
J. Nelson  74  1123    12  [/glow] [move]= no brainer?[/move]

it is not even close. Take away the two extra games and Nelson still had more catches, yards, and TD's than those two combined. And he is a second teamer?
[/quote]

In truth I really don't know much about the skill levels in this district, but what I do know is...^^^^^

[quote name="Dogs2x2" post="922151" timestamp="1291060613"]
Ok according to your statics J.Nelson should be there but dont try and say that Sonnier & Salenga didn't deserve it.  They rocked all season. 
[/quote]

I guess you did not read that Sonnier should have been district MVP and deserved the first team utility player as he did play QB, WR, and RB. All I am saying is Nelson should have been 1st team WR and Sonnier should not have.

[quote name="akifan94" post="922155" timestamp="1291060776"]
[quote author=Dogs2x2 link=topic=76798.msg922151#msg922151 date=1291060613]
Ok according to your statics J.Nelson should be there but dont try and say that Sonnier & Salenga didn't deserve it.  They rocked all season. 
[/quote]

I guess you did not read that Sonnier should have been district MVP and deserved the first team utility player as he did play QB, WR, and RB. All I am saying is Nelson should have been 1st team WR and Sonnier should not have.
[/quote]
I agree...coaches pick this correct?

[quote name="Enjun07" post="922157" timestamp="1291060857"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=76798.msg922155#msg922155 date=1291060776]
[quote author=Dogs2x2 link=topic=76798.msg922151#msg922151 date=1291060613]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree...coaches pick this correct?
[/quote]

I think there are two lists... coaches picks and media.

I think there are two lists... coaches picks and media.
[/quote]
well if the coaches picked that it just shows how politics play a role in football around here!!!...like seriously when a kid has that many yards and tds...he dont make it????give me a break...especially when he has more than twice as much as them 2 combined and they make it ahead of him...thats a sign somebodys buddy buddy with someone

[quote name="ozens fastest@1906" post="922164" timestamp="1291061264"]
[quote author=19Cherokee90 link=topic=76798.msg922086#msg922086 date=1291056757]
I wonder how this list compairs to stat leaders??? I'd love to see that.
[/quote]
It doesnt b/c the kid from ozen who led the district in "interceptions"  didnt even make the list
[/quote]

Seems like somebody was drawing names out of a hat.

These picks have no meaning.
With that said i know some of these picks are a lil goofy but i agree with most of them.
Im sure it was real close with doty and gonzo for mvp.
But in district gonzo had better numbers and was the most important player on lcm.
I know nelson should have been first team but its done and over with now.

[quote name="19Cherokee90" post="922086" timestamp="1291056757"]
I wonder how this list compairs to stat leaders??? I'd love to see that.
[/quote]
There is no way stats were taken in to consideration on either side of the ball. No disrespect for the young man named Def. MVP from Central because he is an awesome talent but I would like to see the numbers of tackles, tackles for loss, interceptions, blocked punts/field goals etc. for him vs. DJ.

Sorry to vent and congratulations to all those who were recognized and to those who weren't and played hard all year.

I would also like to go on the record to commend Ozen for team with "The Most Heart" of the year, they never gave up in any game and could have easily had a playoff record!

Go PNG!

[quote name="akifan94" post="921903" timestamp="1291043104"]
Is this legit? Nelson a second team WR with over 100 catches and leading 20-4A in TD's? And how does T. Sonnier make first team at two positions on offense?
[/quote]
Congrats to all these young men who have been elected to the first team. I have followed PN-G throughout the year and if someone is going to tell me that Nelson is not a 1st team WR I would have to say they need to stop smoking crack :o. This kid has put up numbers this year that any college coach would like to see on their team. Put the ball near him and he will get it. JMO!! ;)

To all the PN-G fans whining about LC-M's Coach Crouch winning Coach of the Year instead of their coach, shut up. He is an amazing coach, and a great leader. Look at what he's done in two years to a program that was CRAP two years ago. Hat's off to him, I'm glad he won it. And if you disagree, you don't know much about football.

[quote name="bearfan14" post="922257" timestamp="1291064736"]
To all the PN-G fans whining about LC-M's Coach Crouch winning Coach of the Year instead of their coach, shut up. He is an amazing coach, and a great leader. Look at what he's done in two years to a program that was CRAP two years ago. Hat's off to him, I'm glad he won it. And if you disagree, you don't know much about football.
[/quote]

You are right. We are all idiots. His team choked and missed the playoffs after being in the driver seat most of the year. Congrats.

And just for the record Coach Crouch has done a very good job at LC-M but I am not sure that means he did the best coaching job THIS year. Honestly I feel Neumann did. His team battled through multiple injuries to key players, a player revolt, and starting a ton of underclassmen on defense to get his team into the playoffs.

[quote name="bearfan14" post="922257" timestamp="1291064736"]
[/quote]
Nobody's whining. We simply think that Neuman from Nederland or Faircloth should've got it due to thier seasons. Crouch turned LCM around, but failed to make the playoffs again. Neuman took an injury plagued team and made them into a playoff team. Faircloth took a team that was 1-4 and 0-2 in district to the third round of the playoffs. Those two examples have to be considered. Congrats to all of the kids. BTW, I think Sonnier should've been MVP of the district. He was the main reason Nederland had a week 11.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder