East Chambers tourney scores

I am not a huge Kountze fan, just a basketball fan that gives them credit when it's due.I have seen Kountze and New Waverly both play a lot of ball over the past 6-8 years.Last year I picked New Waverly to win(even at the Lions den).This year my prediction would be Kountze in a head to head to matchup.Of coarse my predictions and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee and not not much else.Holding Silsbee and HJ to the low 50's is impressive but HJ was missing one of their best players and the Tigers beat ya by 10.If you haven't seen Kountze this year you need to check em out.They beat Silsbee in a track meet and lost twice in very close games to HJ when the Hawks were at full strength.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevenash
[quote name="whsalum" post="737490" timestamp="1262455393"]
I am not a huge Kountze fan, just a basketball fan that gives them credit when it's due.I have seen Kountze and New Waverly both play a lot of ball over the past 6-8 years.Last year I picked New Waverly to win(even at the Lions den).This year my prediction would be Kountze in a head to head to matchup.Of coarse my predictions and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee and not not much else.Holding Silsbee and HJ to the low 50's is impressive but HJ was missing one of their best players and the Tigers beat ya by 10.If you haven't seen Kountze this year you need to check em out.They beat Silsbee in a track meet and lost twice in very close games to HJ when the Hawks were at full strength.
[/quote]

I think you are right on the money, sir.  In fact, if Kountze is playing at full strength and not having a bad night, I would pick them by 12 to 15.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="737469" timestamp="1262446069"]
[quote author=backdoorcuts link=topic=64197.msg737456#msg737456 date=1262420516]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=64197.msg737440#msg737440 date=1262407248]
I wasn't comparing them to Kountze.I was just talking about ways to give them trouble.I wasn't taking anything away from them because they went to the drum the last 2 seasons.I believe it was Sabine that slowed the ball down and played them pretty close last year.FYI Kountze doesn't look like the club they were last year so don't put to much in to the 0-4 record over the last 2 seasons.From my observations over the past 4 or 5 years Kountze and New Waverly like to play the same type game.This year I think Kountze will win that matchup.Neither club will want to play a team that sloandws the ball down and handles the pressure well.
[/quote]

Well I was there and it was actually Nw that held the ball the whole 3 quater.  They then did what you say running teams can't do and that's run a delay game for six minutes.  If you have ever seen them play, they do it quite often.  They can run and then put on the brakes, did it all the way through district and most of the 4th quater against Kountze last year.  [b]They also kept Silsbee and HJ under 50 does that say anything[/b].
[/quote]

Silsbee defeated New Waverly 55-45. ;)
[/quote]
:o :o :o :o :o

[quote name="whsalum" post="737616" timestamp="1262480008"]
If they meet in the playoffs we may have to get AAW to hold the money for us.If the Lions are healthy I may give 15.
[/quote]

You can bank on New Waverly and Kountze meeting in the playoffs. Problem is, they will meet before the regional tourney. I am hoping that game is not on the same night as Silsbee's playoff game. I'll be there broadcasting that one.

Oh, and hold the money too. ;)

[quote name="whsalum" post="737616" timestamp="1262480008"]
If they meet in the playoffs we may have to get AAW to hold the money for us.If the Lions are healthy I may give 15.
[/quote]

Nw was missing two kids also.  As a matter of fact they lost a starter in the first game of the EC tourney.

How come I say the same thing as AAW and get attacked for it?  ???

I'd put $50 on Ktz by 10+ against NW not to say anythings wrong wwith nw we all know their great but Ktz can outrun them and all the wide open fast breaks they had in the games I watched them wont be happening against Ktz

[quote name="CATMAN" post="737946" timestamp="1262562381"]
[quote author=backdoorcuts link=topic=64197.msg737640#msg737640 date=1262485597]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=64197.msg737616#msg737616 date=1262480008]
[/quote]

Nw was missing two kids also.  As a matter of fact they lost a starter in the first game of the EC tourney.
[/quote] The kid from NW will miss the rest of the year------ACL---And yes he was a starter.
The EC new gym is great,but they need to put some pading on the metal stand that hold the backboard up.

[/quote] Were did he hit the stand at? It has padding allaround the bottom, but I dont like the fact that it moves so much after it is hit.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="737894" timestamp="1262559911"]
[b]How come I say the same thing as AAW and get attacked for it?  ???[/b]

I'd put $50 on Ktz by 10+ against NW not to say anythings wrong wwith nw we all know their great but Ktz can outrun them and all the wide open fast breaks they had in the games I watched them wont be happening against Ktz
[/quote]

[quote name="CATMAN" post="737946" timestamp="1262562381"]
[quote author=backdoorcuts link=topic=64197.msg737640#msg737640 date=1262485597]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=64197.msg737616#msg737616 date=1262480008]
[/quote]

[/quote] The kid from NW will miss the rest of the year------ACL---And yes he was a starter.
The EC new gym is great,but they need to put some pading on the metal stand that hold the backboard up.

[/quote]ACL? oUCH! That hurts.

Guest stevenash
[quote name="swag" post="738831" timestamp="1262720865"]
N.W didn't have all their starters and still managed to beat that Almighty Team. Wow!!
[/quote]

Hate to disappoint you Swag, but if Ricossa is in that game, HJ wins going away.

Don't give me that Bull. The only player Hj can't afford to lose is Turner. Hj should have beaten N.W minus 1 of their players. Yall are much deeper than N.W. Just admit it, yall got out coached and the staff didn't make the necessary adjustments at half.  Since Hj lost yall want to blame it in that kid for not being there. But when yall win its because the staff is so great. C'mon Hawkette. Hj still had the advantage, heck it was virtually a home game for yall. Don't worry about it tho. We already beat Silsbee for yall so I guess we'll handle N.W for yall too. LMAO. Don't let me ever hear you say yall lost because of a player if his Name isn't TURNER!

I you would read the post after HJ lost to NW you would see my reason for the loss......had nothing to do with Ricossa not being there..........

I am still confused as to why you claim that Kountze is so good and that the two losses were to a 3a team that is gonna finish 2nd in their district!!!! :D :D :D  HJ may finish 2nd in their district but those two wins for HJ will be on Kountze's record forever......... 8) 8) 8)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="swag" post="738889" timestamp="1262727429"]
Don't give me that Bull. The only player Hj can't afford to lose is Turner. Hj should have beaten N.W minus 1 of their players. Yall are much deeper than N.W. Just admit it, yall got out coached and the staff didn't make the necessary adjustments at half.  Since Hj lost yall want to blame it in that kid for not being there. But when yall win its because the staff is so great. C'mon Hawkette. Hj still had the advantage, heck it was virtually a home game for yall. Don't worry about it tho. We already beat Silsbee for yall so I guess we'll handle N.W for yall too. LMAO. Don't let me ever hear you say yall lost because of a player if his Name isn't TURNER!
[/quote]

This guy, swag, must not have been able to cut it at Kountze when Coach Sutherland was there.  He's just down right ugly with his opinions.

Everytime Hj wins its because the staff made great adjustments. No credit to the players, just the staff. When they lose they have 1million excuses. That all I'm saying. I would never disrespect Sutherland. He's a fine coach. I just don't agree with what these Hawkettes say half of the time. They say Harsh things about everyone but their own. Only staff, players, (certain 1's) get credit. Hj can do no wrong. Why they can't come out and admit N.W is better than them. N.W coach is better or just some sort of credit. All I hear is "If we had 1 of our starters it would've been different" Hawkettes Plz!

there is probably not any fans that have seen the Hawks play more than zeek and I have this year, we have watched them play really good like the two kountze games and seen the hawks play not so good, like the first game against EC, the central game, and the NW game. Lucky to pull out one of the three. but you have to admit, from a 3 point win at HJ against EC to at 30+ win at EC is a huge difference in the two games...then the following week we won again by a large #. I know we know are team better than you do so just roll with it, we know KTZ has a great team we NEVER said they didn't.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder