East Chambers tourney scores

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="setxslam" post="736762" timestamp="1262231550"]
"New Waverly showed up today it seems like they play up or down to the competition imo"

True that, at least based on what we saw this tournament.  Watching them last night against Tarkington, I was thinking we'd mop the floor with them this morning.  Oops.
[/quote]

I was gonna say that but didnt want to hurt anyones feelings. A team that beats Tarkington by less than 10 I wouldnt expect to stay in the same gym as HJ

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="736756" timestamp="1262230957"]
You had to be joking about them being jealous of the post? The post had as many problems as anyone on the team and if he cant shoulder his share of the blame its not going to get any better.

New Waverly showed up today it seems like they play up or down to the competition imo
[/quote] If its not Jealouse you tell me why that they never passed  the ball down in to the post for two Qrs. the 5 times that the other jrs did get the ball inside we scored or went to the line. In the Kelly game the post touched the ball inside 6 times  for 10 points. He has no prob Shouldering the load but they have to get him the ball down low. I here the coaching staff yelling to get the ball down low and they are throwing up 20 ft bricks. As soon as they find out the more they pass it in inside the more open the outside shoot will get the better the hole team will get. If you have a horse you have to ride it. During the Harden game when the game was on the line they pasted the inside and we pullout a hard win. The games that we dont work inside we have lost, or not looked good. But as I have said I think the coaches will work on it this week and we will be ready for Dist play come next Thur. This was not a bad showing for the Bucs we went 3 out of 5 to stay at 500% for the year. Congration to Josh on making all Tour.

[quote name="True Blue" post="736774" timestamp="1262232750"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=64197.msg736756#msg736756 date=1262230957]
You had to be joking about them being jealous of the post? The post had as many problems as anyone on the team and if he cant shoulder his share of the blame its not going to get any better.

New Waverly showed up today it seems like they play up or down to the competition imo
[/quote] If its not Jealouse you tell me why that they never passed  the ball down in to the post for two Qrs. the 5 times that the other jrs did get the ball inside we scored or went to the line. In the Kelly game the post touched the ball inside 6 times  for 10 points. He has no prob Shouldering the load but they have to get him the ball down low. I here the coaching staff yelling to get the ball down low and they are throwing up 20 ft bricks. As soon as they find out the more they pass it in inside the more open the outside shoot will get the better the hole team will get. If you have a horse you have to ride it. During the Harden game when the game was on the line they pasted the inside and we pullout a hard win. The games that we dont work inside we have lost, or not looked good. But as I have said I think the coaches will work on it this week and we will be ready for Dist play come next Thur. This was not a bad showing for the Bucs we went 3 out of 5 to stay at 500% for the year. Congration to Josh on making all Tour.
[/quote]

I understand he's your son so your going to take up for him nothing against that but he's not a superstar just tall. If he were getting the amount of offensive rebounds and put backs he should then he'd have more points.

With that post I see why you are in the stands and not no the floor playing.  Its the guards job to feed the ball to the hole team.It not the post or the powerforwards job to have to get everyreb. in order to score. But if you look at the stats he is leading the team in rebounds. So what more do you wont from him. And I cant ever rembember stating anything about being a superstar, but his job is to play inside and score and the only way to do that is to get the ball passed inside. But like I said I see why you are in the stands :D But sence you know who I am Be free to introduce youself to me anytime and we can talk more.

[quote name="True Blue" post="736795" timestamp="1262233950"]
With that post I see why you are in the stands and not no the floor playing.  Its the guards job to feed the ball to the hole team.It not the post or the powerforwards job to have to get everyreb. in order to score. But if you look at the stats he is leading the team in rebounds. So what more do you wont from him. And I cant ever rembember stating anything about being a superstar, but his job is to play inside and score and the only way to do that is to get the ball passed inside. But like I said I see why you are in the stands :D But sence you know who I am Be free to introduce youself to me anytime and we can talk more.
[/quote]

Lol like I said no point arguing with you since its your son

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="736806" timestamp="1262234675"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=64197.msg736795#msg736795 date=1262233950]
[/quote]

[/quote] I guess that means that you will stay hide behind the keyboard. But if you change your mind you know were to find me I sit in the same spot everygame You cant miss me. Just stop and say hellow sometimes

Guest stevenash
[quote name="CATMAN" post="736847" timestamp="1262239098"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=64197.msg736844#msg736844 date=1262238534]
Let's not forget that Silsbee beat New Waverly by 10 without the Tigers starting guard and leading scorer Pheal Hill and without their 6th man Xavior Harris. ;)
[/quote] That right AAW :D :D :D
[/quote]

AND H-J TWICE had no chance against Kountze.

Regarding Silsbee, Cleveland, HJ, (and don't forget Navasota who would love to not have to play HJ for once in the play-offs)

You guys simply need  to go back to 2007-08 and watch the four HJ-Silsbee games to see that there is an intangible element that can swing the score by 20 points or more per game.  If any coach could latch onto that intangible, they'd be millionaires......

[quote name="True Blue" post="736823" timestamp="1262235728"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=64197.msg736806#msg736806 date=1262234675]
[/quote]

[/quote] I guess that means that you will stay hide behind the keyboard. But if you change your mind you know were to find me I sit in the same spot everygame You cant miss me. Just stop and say hellow sometimes
[/quote]

I'm not hiding my names Josh Tallina i sit about three rows up every game its on the back of my letterman if your really curious.

[quote name="swag" post="736733" timestamp="1262228118"]
I heard HJ got out coached by a 2a team. Moe yall blaming the refs. I know we can beat N.W. I can't wait till playoffs baby. See u in Atx! ;-)
[/quote]I find that hard to Believe. NW win because of Talent plain and simple they've lost some the past year and thats why they are not as good.

New Waverly has a pretty good coach and always has some talent.They are usually an undisciplined ball club that gets in trouble in the playoffs against ball control type clubs.I don't see them beating Kountze this year, the Lions are very experienced and will play the same type game NW does only they will be better at it.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="736892" timestamp="1262275168"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=64197.msg736823#msg736823 date=1262235728]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not hiding my names Josh Tallina i sit about three rows up every game its on the back of my letterman if your really curious.
[/quote]I was not aware you could buy a letterman jacket I thought you had to earn one, But I guess times have changed. But now that I know who you are I will say hellow at the next home game

[quote name="True Blue" post="736719" timestamp="1262225956"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=64197.msg736631#msg736631 date=1262213406]
Where you at TrueBlue?? What's goin on with the Bucs??
[/quote] I am trying to be nice and not attack anyone SO I will just say that we are a work in progress. Just hope they work it out before next week. There seems to be a little jealousie breaking out between some of the Srs and there post man. At the Kelly game they played the hole 2 and 3 Qr and never feed the ball inside. Kelly did not have anyone on the floor over 6'.  For some reason they now think they are a jump shooting team. In the OF game they just quit pushing the ball in the 2 half. Just walked it up the floor and never atacked the basket and setteled for outside jump shoots and made none . The 2 centers for EC did not have 10 points. OF went on a 10 0 run to start the 3 Qr and EC just seemed to quit. I have confidence that their young coach will have it worked out by next week. He started a hole different 5 in the second half against HJ tonight and they realy pushed up the floor they were the younger players and made some misstakes but he showed the 5 starters that if they dont wont to push the ball he had 5 more that will.
[/quote]They looked to me like they are going to have to score off their defense and they had several kids that could shoot the ball in streaks.I didn't see any dominate players offensively on the block.The tall kid shot free throws pretty well but didn't seem to be an offensive threat.I guarantee the young guy coaching them will put his 5 best on the floor.From the 4 games I've seen them play so far this year I think the key to them finishing 2nd in the district is getting Carrington well.

[quote name="True Blue" post="737042" timestamp="1262303154"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=64197.msg736892#msg736892 date=1262275168]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I was not aware you could buy a letterman jacket I thought you had to earn one, But I guess times have changed. But now that I know who you are I will say hellow at the next home game
[/quote]

Sweet Jesus. I understand that this is a website, thus everything that is said is most typically off-the-cuff and without any sort of forethought or attempt at revision, but I feel as though everyone's posts will be a lot easier to understand if you simply spell everything correctly. There are these things called homonyms, and these magic words sound the same when pronounced but are all spelled very differently and mean vastly different things. If we could keep such grammatical functions as these in mind when writing our posts, as well as proper punctuation, it would keep me and other from having to reread posts seven times to parse what is being said. The differences between "whole" and "hole" as well as between "there" and "their" and "they're" were learned in about the third grade and it is an embarrassment for adults to be on this website misspelling such simple words. I mean really, how can we expect any better for our children when we set such a pathetic example? Shape up.

[quote name="Chaucer" post="737071" timestamp="1262309118"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=64197.msg737042#msg737042 date=1262303154]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=64197.msg736892#msg736892 date=1262275168]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sweet Jesus. I understand that this is a website, thus everything that is said is most typically off-the-cuff and without any sort of forethought or attempt at revision, but I feel as though everyone's posts will be a lot easier to understand if you simply spell everything correctly. There are these things called homonyms, and these magic words sound the same when pronounced but are all spelled very differently and mean vastly different things. If we could keep such grammatical functions as these in mind when writing our posts, as well as proper punctuation, it would keep me and other from having to reread posts seven times to parse what is being said. The differences between "whole" and "hole" as well as between "there" and "their" and "they're" were learned in about the third grade and it is an embarrassment for adults to be on this website misspelling such simple words. I mean really, how can we expect any better for our children when we set such a pathetic example? Shape up.
[/quote]This is a message board not an english class....... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami