East Chambers tourney scores

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who gives a crap about a meaningless loss to HJ. While were receiving our medals ima make sure Coach Joubert mention to everybody in the drum that our only 2 losses came from Hj. We won't tell them how yall won tho...

Guest stevenash
[quote name="swag" post="741001" timestamp="1262991815"]
Who gives a crap about a meaningless loss to HJ. While were receiving our medals ima make sure Coach Joubert mention to everybody in the drum that our only 2 losses came from Hj. We won't tell them how yall won tho...
[/quote]

For sure you wont tell them how they won.  Its called " they played better than the opponent" and you haven't the gumption to admit it.

But I will do the hawks a favor and tell everybody there the reason a Great team like the Hawks, who beat a great team like us, "The Lions" isn't here. I will  tell them that the Silsbee Tigers beat yall twice in district, "which we dunked all over" therefore  yall finished second in district then had to play Clevland at our gym, and got the breaks beat off of yall. That's what I have the gumption to tell everyone at the Drum!

[quote name="trophyman" post="741301" timestamp="1263062911"]
from what i've seen of the games in this area if Kountze learns to pass the ball and some ball control they will beat anyone in this area
but until they get less selfish with the ball and make better decisions its iffy :(
[/quote]

Until Kountze realize's that dunk's are only 2 points they will continue to get beat by the HJ's of the world. Against lesser teams they may have some emotional impact on the other team. They game plan them and then they celebrate as if each dunk was a game changing event. Poor HJ only celebrated twice and that was at the end of each game...Oh yeah, Kountze is still celebrating the dunks and HJ is still celebrating too. 2 WINS!!! I'm just saying..Shack

The only celebrating that really matters Hj will not be there. Its the 1 held in March at the State Tournament. Matter of fact Hj last Celebration was last month held on their court at their Tournament. What a coincidence yall won that 1. Yall couldn't even when a 2a tournament in Winnie. So us Ktz Lions will get the last laugh and the last celebration of the season. So Hawkettes laugh all u want but we will get the last laugh and the last celebration. Hahahaha laugh at that

[quote name="swag" post="741361" timestamp="1263072262"]
The only celebrating that really matters Hj will not be there. Its the 1 held in March at the State Tournament. Matter of fact Hj last Celebration was last month held on their court at their Tournament. What a coincidence yall won that 1. Yall couldn't even when a 2a tournament in Winnie. So us Ktz Lions will get the last laugh and the last celebration of the season. So Hawkettes laugh all u want but we will get the last laugh and the last celebration. Hahahaha laugh at that
[/quote]Swag, ain't nobody laughing at Kountze.  As a matter of fact, pretty much all of the Hawks will be rooting for ya'll at Austin.

But your reply tells me that you ain't listening to sound advice.  If you were at the HJ-Kountze game, you know that TrophyMan was right.  Those dunks were followed up by lay-ups by Turner.  That should be inexcusable.  Once maybe, twice oops.  But all three times.

Now, I think Joubert is a little smarter than you (at least, I HOPE so!) and has shown that little fact to his players and they won't let that continue to happen.  If they fail to adjust to that, there is a New Waverly or two just waiting to play ya'll, because you KNOW that they'll be trying the same thing.

Did anyone notice (and still remember) when HJ was coming up on NW in their game the NW coach calls a timeout and the first play out of the time out is a nice alley oop that got the NW players fired up? That makes me think that dunks are worth more than 2 points at certain times. Not the way Swag is talking about but there are times when a nice dunk will get a team to play harder.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="741703" timestamp="1263141202"]
Did anyone notice (and still remember) when HJ was coming up on NW in their game the NW coach calls a timeout and the first play out of the time out is a nice alley oop that got the NW players fired up? That makes me think that dunks are worth more than 2 points at certain times. Not the way Swag is talking about but there are times when a nice dunk will get a team to play harder.
[/quote]

I agree

That is my point exactly. Dunks can have a positive effect on the team doing the dunks (as long as they act like they've been there before) and a negative effect on the other team, if that team allows it. If the other team looks at it as just 2 points they have won the mental side of the play of which they have control. Especially when they were dunked on 3 plays and scored 3 easy layups after those dunks while the other team is congratulating themselves. The best thing about the easy layups was HJ immediately got back into their defense after each one of them. What a concept!!

Guest stevenash
[quote name="shackbully" post="741742" timestamp="1263147317"]
That is my point exactly. Dunks can have a positive effect on the team doing the dunks (as long as they act like they've been there before) and a negative effect on the other team, if that team allows it. If the other team looks at it as just 2 points they have won the mental side of the play of which they have control. Especially when they were dunked on 3 plays and scored 3 easy layups after those dunks while the other team is congratulating themselves. The best thing about the easy layups was HJ immediately got back into their defense after each one of them. What a concept!!
[/quote]

That is an interesting concept.  Who should get credit for executing that concept?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder