East Chambers tourney scores

[quote name="stevenash" post="737092" timestamp="1262313269"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=64197.msg737089#msg737089 date=1262312436]
Thank goodness.I was afraid I was gonna be banned for improper verb usage  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Aye have an upset stumuk becuz eye eight 2 mutch.  no whad i'n sane?
[/quote]Note to Self: Try to refrain from drinking soda or milk while reading some of these posts.  I hope milk doesn't corrode my keyboard!  ;)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stevenash" post="737092" timestamp="1262313269"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=64197.msg737089#msg737089 date=1262312436]
Thank goodness.I was afraid I was gonna be banned for improper verb usage  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Aye have an upset stumuk becuz eye eight 2 mutch.  no whad i'n sane?
[/quote]2 much teknoligee?

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="736833" timestamp="1262236859"]
[quote]What are u on drug.Are u just mad cause HJ lost.U better be thing about Cleveland.NOT NW[/quote]

That has so many errors, it's hard for MOST people to understand it.
[/quote]
you would timk urt wars gnu yers efe or sumtin :D :D :D :D :D :D

[quote name="whsalum" post="737045" timestamp="1262303906"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=64197.msg736719#msg736719 date=1262225956]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=64197.msg736631#msg736631 date=1262213406]
Where you at TrueBlue?? What's goin on with the Bucs??
[/quote] I am trying to be nice and not attack anyone SO I will just say that we are a work in progress. Just hope they work it out before next week. There seems to be a little jealousie breaking out between some of the Srs and there post man. At the Kelly game they played the hole 2 and 3 Qr and never feed the ball inside. Kelly did not have anyone on the floor over 6'.  For some reason they now think they are a jump shooting team. In the OF game they just quit pushing the ball in the 2 half. Just walked it up the floor and never atacked the basket and setteled for outside jump shoots and made none . The 2 centers for EC did not have 10 points. OF went on a 10 0 run to start the 3 Qr and EC just seemed to quit. I have confidence that their young coach will have it worked out by next week. He started a hole different 5 in the second half against HJ tonight and they realy pushed up the floor they were the younger players and made some misstakes but he showed the 5 starters that if they dont wont to push the ball he had 5 more that will.
[/quote]They looked to me like they are going to have to score off their defense and they had several kids that could shoot the ball in streaks.I didn't see any dominate players offensively on the block.The tall kid shot free throws pretty well but didn't seem to be an offensive threat.I guarantee the young guy coaching them will put his 5 best on the floor.From the 4 games I've seen them play so far this year I think the key to them finishing 2nd in the district is getting Carrington well.
[/quote] Carrington will not get well untill he has it operated on a that will not be untill after the season is over. So if they wont to have a inside game they will have to feed 33 the ball. when that happens they have a good chance to win. The inside out game is good they just have to learn to use it. They have a few good shooters but they cant create their on shot . THey also need to shot better layups In the Newton game they misted 20 layups That will kill you in close games. As far as them coming in2 in Dist. that looks to be what will happen . Looks like Hardin got killed by a 1a team this weekend so dont see any threat from them. Anahuac has good athletes but just dont match up .

[quote name="Chaucer" post="737071" timestamp="1262309118"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=64197.msg737042#msg737042 date=1262303154]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=64197.msg736892#msg736892 date=1262275168]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=64197.msg736823#msg736823 date=1262235728]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=64197.msg736806#msg736806 date=1262234675]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=64197.msg736795#msg736795 date=1262233950]
With that post I see why you are in the stands and not no the floor playing.  Its the guards job to feed the ball to the hole team.It not the post or the powerforwards job to have to get everyreb. in order to score. But if you look at the stats he is leading the team in rebounds. So what more do you wont from him. And I cant ever rembember stating anything about being a superstar, but his job is to play inside and score and the only way to do that is to get the ball passed inside. But like I said I see why you are in the stands :D But sence you know who I am Be free to introduce youself to me anytime and we can talk more.
[/quote]

Lol like I said no point arguing with you since its your son
[/quote] I guess that means that you will stay hide behind the keyboard. But if you change your mind you know were to find me I sit in the same spot everygame You cant miss me. Just stop and say hellow sometimes
[/quote]

I'm not hiding my names Josh Tallina i sit about three rows up every game its on the back of my letterman if your really curious.
[/quote]I was not aware you could buy a letterman jacket I thought you had to earn one, But I guess times have changed. But now that I know who you are I will say hellow at the next home game
[/quote]

Sweet Jesus. I understand that this is a website, thus everything that is said is most typically off-the-cuff and without any sort of forethought or attempt at revision, but I feel as though everyone's posts will be a lot easier to understand if you simply spell everything correctly. There are these things called homonyms, and these magic words sound the same when pronounced but are all spelled very differently and mean vastly different things. If we could keep such grammatical functions as these in mind when writing our posts, as well as proper punctuation, it would keep me and other from having to reread posts seven times to parse what is being said. The differences between "whole" and "hole" as well as between "there" and "their" and "they're" were learned in about the third grade and it is an embarrassment for adults to be on this website misspelling such simple words. I mean really, how can we expect any better for our children when we set such a pathetic example? Shape up.
[/quote]Sorry I did not know that I was getting a grade on my spelling and gramer I thought is was a site to just have fun on But if it offends you to read my post just skip them Its not like you dont know who I am . My typing is not that good and my spelling is worse and I try to type faster than I can read So please fell free to just skip over all my post. I promise that my feelings wont get hurt ;D

I have seen East Chambers play 5 times this season. #33 is a descent player, but let's not make him out to be something that he isn't. He is not a go-to type player. His game is fair, not dominating and not one that you would run your offense through every trip down the floor.

He is a good addition to the Bucs team, but just another part of it.

We have plyed them 3 times and I have found him to be somewhat of a head case in that if you keep a body on him and he does not get the ball he gets mad and starts making bad decisions.  Definitely would not consider him any type of go to player.  I do like the way that he hooks you down low though.

I have seen them 4 times this year.At EC it has always been about the system.Hank and the kid that are there now have always gotten more out of their clubs than I thought possible.I haven't seen a standout on this years club but a club that can score off the press and 3 or 4 kids that can shoot in streaks.Iwas going off what I had seen of Carrington in the past couple of seasons.The new kid has learned to hook players on the block but is going to have to put on some muscle and learn to catch and shoot the 12/15 footer to be an offensive factor.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="737175" timestamp="1262362684"]
I have seen East Chambers play 5 times this season. #33 is a descent player, but let's not make him out to be something that he isn't. He is not a go-to type player. His game is fair, not dominating and not one that you would run your offense through every trip down the floor.

He is a good addition to the Bucs team, but just another part of it.
[/quote] I have tape them ever game this year and in ever game that they have  ran the game inside and back out they have won. The games that they have lost they could not get the ball inside and setteled for outside jump shots. In the First game against HJ he had 14 points and they only lost by 3 In the last game he only had 4 and they lost by 20. Ask any coach that has played them If you keep him from getting the ball you have a better chance of winning. He must of showed someone something to reseave All Tour. in the HJ Tour. You must not have been there. But there is one more game with HJ then Dist play starts, so right now I dont see EC lossing but maybe 3 more games before the playoffs. They do not matchup with Kountze well and HJ shootes the ball to well but that will be the only games that will give the trouble. Lets not get this wrong I am not saying that he is a dominating player just that he is second in scoring and 1 in rebounds and fisrt in blocks on this team. If they learn to get the ball inside faster that will open out the out shot for the open jumpshoters. Their coach has said that they have never had a big inside game and that they will have to learn how to use it. We have only had 6 practices so these games are a learing experience. And you are right he is just another tool for this team to use, they have 10 players at they can put on the froor and not lose anything

[quote name="whsalum" post="737235" timestamp="1262372534"]
I have seen them 4 times this year.At EC it has always been about the system.Hank and the kid that are there now have always gotten more out of their clubs than I thought possible.I haven't seen a standout on this years club but a club that can score off the press and 3 or 4 kids that can shoot in streaks.Iwas going off what I had seen of Carrington in the past couple of seasons.The new kid has learned to hook players on the block but is going to have to put on some muscle and learn to catch and shoot the 12/15 footer to be an offensive factor.
[/quote] You are correct he has a lot to learn about playing inside. Most kids at 17 have played their possition their hole life. He has only played center 19 games his whole life. He was a 6'2'' guard last year. So not only does he have to learn how to play inside he has to adjust to 5 in also. He is only a JR so we have the rest of this year and all of next to put on some muscle and learn to move with out the ball.

I know the coach that is there now remembers a couple of brothers named McDonald that were pretty darn good post players.The type team EC has this year can't overlook the Anahuacs and Deweyvilles of the world.These clubs are a lot closer than they have been in the past but I still give the Bucs the 2 spot in my poll.If you have never traveled to Anahuac for a district game it can be an eye opening experience and if you don't control the boards and get back on defense it can be a long trip home from Deweyville.

[quote name="whsalum" post="737262" timestamp="1262375066"]
I know the coach that is there now remembers a couple of brothers named McDonald that were pretty darn good post players.The type team EC has this year can't overlook the Anahuacs and Deweyvilles of the world.These clubs are a lot closer than they have been in the past but I still give the Bucs the 2 spot in my poll.If you have never traveled to Anahuac for a district game it can be an eye opening experience and if you don't control the boards and get back on defense it can be a long trip home from Deweyville.
[/quote] Sorry you misunderstood what I posted. I ment to say that these kids have never had a inside game, This bunch here were Fr when the McDonald brothers were here.  Their post up to now has been a jumpshooter and not a downlow type of post. When teams have to dubble  inside, the out side shot will be wide open. We have 3 or 4 players that can get hot and knock down the open 3. As far as a go to type of player when you are the 2 high scorer on your team that to me is a go to player. Maybe not to HJ but In Ec that is a go to player. Ec has 6 players that can stepup each night to put points on the board, but #3 and #33 lead this team, how they play determains how well this team will do. That is a mole hill that we will ride to the playoffs. As far as going to Anahauc I have been there and know it will be a tuff game . Deweyville has one game plan send someone back on everplay and hope to get a snowbird layup.

Just because he is the second leading scorer, doesn't make him a top priority in getting him the ball. The games I saw, which you won a couple of btw, he got his points by working the offensive glass and and being at the right place at the right time. It was not a case of "feeding" him the ball.

Even the games that EC lost that I saw, he wasn't necessarily they lost because #33 didn't get the ball enough. It was the case of EC not being patient enough and not playing hard and turning the ball over.

I have watched enough basketball in my lifetime and seen enough this year from different teams, including East Chambers, that I think I know who a "go-to" type player is.

Again, #33 is a fair player, and will help the team make the playoffs. But I would not call him a central part of the team. He needs more work to be at that level.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a team that plays as group and does not have a go to type player.To be honest with you there aren't a ton of go to type players in the area this year.Usually a go to guy is someone who can average 20 a game but more importantly he can put the team on his shoulders when they have to have a play whether it be a bucket,steal or rebound.EC had one of the best at this I've ever seen but unfortunately for the Bucs he plays in Arkansas secondary these days.This would be a god topic for another thread.It may give some of us a look at the local guys stats.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="737326" timestamp="1262385321"]
Just because he is the second leading scorer, doesn't make him a top priority in getting him the ball. The games I saw, which you won a couple of btw, he got his points by working the offensive glass and and being at the right place at the right time. It was not a case of "feeding" him the ball.

Even the games that EC lost that I saw, he wasn't necessarily they lost because #33 didn't get the ball enough. It was the case of EC not being patient enough and not playing hard and turning the ball over.

I have watched enough basketball in my lifetime and seen enough this year from different teams, including East Chambers, that I think I know who a "go-to" type player is.

Again, #33 is a fair player, and will help the team make the playoffs. But I would not call him a central part of the team. He needs more work to be at that level.
[/quote] Aggie are you going to be at the ford park game?

[quote name="whsalum" post="737328" timestamp="1262385495"]
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a team that plays as group and does not have a go to type player.To be honest with you there aren't a ton of go to type players in the area this year.Usually a go to guy is someone who can average 20 a game but more importantly he can put the team on his shoulders when they have to have a play whether it be a bucket,steal or rebound.EC had one of the best at this I've ever seen but unfortunately for the Bucs he plays in Arkansas secondary these days.This would be a god topic for another thread.It may give some of us a look at the local guys stats.
[/quote] That would be great to get some stats on the local kids, only thing is that not all coaches post their teams stats so were can we find them.

[quote name="True Blue" post="737329" timestamp="1262385773"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=64197.msg737326#msg737326 date=1262385321]

[/quote] Aggie are you going to be at the ford park game?
[/quote]

No, I'll be broadcasting the Silsbee vs. West Brook game in Silsbee at 3pm. Then afterwards I'll be off to watch Lamar play in the Montagne.

[quote name="whsalum" post="737041" timestamp="1262303043"]
New Waverly has a pretty good coach and always has some talent.They are usually an undisciplined ball club that gets in trouble in the playoffs against ball control type clubs.I don't see them beating Kountze this year, the Lions are very experienced and will play the same type game NW does only they will be better at it.
[/quote]well dang whsalum what school are u from? U telling me an undisciplined team like NW goes to State two years in a row and still gets no credit.  You say they have trouble with ball control teams and played in the state finals?  Who did they beat last year? Kountze is the experienced team?  I think they are 0-4 vs NW.  So NW doesn't have to beat Kountze, Kountze has to beat NW.  I understand you are a little prejudiced against NW since you love the triangle but dang what do they have to do?  They do a little ole school thing called man to man defense, seems to give teams problems.  Handles the press well, and can also press and run.  Pretty good to be so undisciplined. 

I wasn't comparing them to Kountze.I was just talking about ways to give them trouble.I wasn't taking anything away from them because they went to the drum the last 2 seasons.I believe it was Sabine that slowed the ball down and played them pretty close last year.FYI Kountze doesn't look like the club they were last year so don't put to much in to the 0-4 record over the last 2 seasons.From my observations over the past 4 or 5 years Kountze and New Waverly like to play the same type game.This year I think Kountze will win that matchup.Neither club will want to play a team that slows the ball down and handles the pressure well.

[quote name="whsalum" post="737440" timestamp="1262407248"]
I wasn't comparing them to Kountze.I was just talking about ways to give them trouble.I wasn't taking anything away from them because they went to the drum the last 2 seasons.I believe it was Sabine that slowed the ball down and played them pretty close last year.FYI Kountze doesn't look like the club they were last year so don't put to much in to the 0-4 record over the last 2 seasons.From my observations over the past 4 or 5 years Kountze and New Waverly like to play the same type game.This year I think Kountze will win that matchup.Neither club will want to play a team that sloandws the ball down and handles the pressure well.
[/quote]

Well I was there and it was actually Nw that held the ball the whole 3 quater.  They then did what you say running teams can't do and that's run a delay game for six minutes.  If you have ever seen them play, they do it quite often.  They can run and then put on the brakes, did it all the way through district and most of the 4th quater against Kountze last year.  They also kept Silsbee and HJ under 50 does that say anything.

[quote name="backdoorcuts" post="737456" timestamp="1262420516"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=64197.msg737440#msg737440 date=1262407248]
I wasn't comparing them to Kountze.I was just talking about ways to give them trouble.I wasn't taking anything away from them because they went to the drum the last 2 seasons.I believe it was Sabine that slowed the ball down and played them pretty close last year.FYI Kountze doesn't look like the club they were last year so don't put to much in to the 0-4 record over the last 2 seasons.From my observations over the past 4 or 5 years Kountze and New Waverly like to play the same type game.This year I think Kountze will win that matchup.Neither club will want to play a team that sloandws the ball down and handles the pressure well.
[/quote]

Well I was there and it was actually Nw that held the ball the whole 3 quater.  They then did what you say running teams can't do and that's run a delay game for six minutes.  If you have ever seen them play, they do it quite often.  They can run and then put on the brakes, did it all the way through district and most of the 4th quater against Kountze last year.  [b]They also kept Silsbee and HJ under 50 does that say anything[/b].
[/quote]

Silsbee defeated New Waverly 55-45. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476