coach of the year goes to who this year

skipper

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="skipper" post="696771" timestamp="1257350669"]
i say the coach from PN-G super job for a first year coach in this part of the country
[/quote]

[size=14pt]I would have to agree. Excellent job he is doing on the reservation. Hats off to him, his staff and the young men for coming in and believeing in his system and executing it well enough to this point to still be undefeated!! Very Nice Job!![/size]

I agree, he's done a great job over there. I would have to give Coach Huckabay from Orangefield some notice as well. Basically took the same team that won 1 game last year, installed a new complex offense literally in a couple of months time and has so far won 4 games. We've been in every single game this year except for one (Silsbee) and have lost two district games by a combined 8 points. We're competitive again in Orangefield and I think we'll be competitive for some time.

My picks for coach of the year for each SETX district:

21-5A     jury still out
19-4A   Kevin Flanigan, Crosby
20-4A  Brandon Faircloth, PNG
21-3A  Bobby McGallion, Silsbee
22-3A  Bob Jones, Shepherd
22-2A  Curtis Barbay, Newton
23-2A  Tony Valastro, East Chambers
23-1A  Alex Davis, Colmesneil

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="696831" timestamp="1257352931"]

21-5A     jury still out
[/quote]

Your picks are on target. I would have to give the edge to Criag Stump in 21-5A.

[quote name="Ranger83" post="696839" timestamp="1257353256"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=61840.msg696831#msg696831 date=1257352931]

21-5A     jury still out
[/quote]

Your picks are on target. I would have to give the edge to Criag Stump in 21-5A.
[/quote]

I doubt that would hurt the feelings of our PAM fans.  It might upset Kelly Fans cause they are still Po'ed from loosing him.  

What Coach Crouch has brought LCM from is just unreal, if you are not around this program then you cannot believe the difference Coach Crouch has made!! And he only has about 10 seniors! Coach Neumann at Nederland has to be considered with all the injuries and still a shot at the playoffs using his fourth QB, how many teams could recover from that?

Mike Bickham from Jasper.

He has transformed these dawgs into a contender for state. Last year the dawgs were 4-6 overall with 3-2 in district. This year the dawgs are 7-2 overall with a 3-1 district record with still one game to go. Jasper lost a lot of key offensive and defensive players last year and were predicted to do little to nothing more than last year and now look. The only teams Jasper has lost to was the Number 1 and Number 2 state ranked 3A teams. Mike Bickham deserves a lot of credit for transforming the dawgs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder