Newton vs. Silsbee Final...Comments

WO-S 89

Very tough game. Newton is a very solid team.....once again. Silsbee has got to get the option handoff under control. You reach a point where you let the handoff go through. For you guys left to play Newton here are a few tips. When you see Newton's #21 line up in the wing in an angle set he is going to run to that side he is facing. When the 2 backfield players are offset to the end of the o-line the ball is headed that side. They are simple.......but stop it if you can. :twisted:

:?:

Explain.....

It was a pretty even game throughout. With the hot humid night, fatigue was a factor, but both squads were beginning to suffer. It was a game where whoever had the ball last was going to win. Newton could not stop Silsbee's last drive and Silsbee was in a prevent trying to slow Newton late. It was just a good solid small town football game. It was everything a "game of the week " should be. Newton may have lost, but they played a very good game and will go far. Few penalties were called except where obvious such as a pass int. and a few face masks. The kids were allowed "to play".

folks I am wooped :D Man what a game, let me tell you I know it is difficult to visualize it listing on the net (sorry) but those two team let it all hang out. I agree that Silsbee's main problem is on the handoff...seemed like maybe the QB was pulling it to late and the RB had already clamped down on the ball and when the QB went to pull it out it would pop the ball out...but still it was a great game for both...I think I will sit back now and drink an ice tea and just unwind :D

it was a great game. it did look like newton was beginning to wear down a bit at the end, but i thought they still looked like they had a little gas in the tank. i was wondering if anyone knows if newton ever put a spy on the silsbee quarterback? it seemed like every 3rd down and long silsbee had in the 4th quarter was a quarterback keeper. especially on silsbee's game winning drive, when it was 3rd and 14 after a bad pitch, the silsbee qb took it for a first down by himself. i think he made a 15 yard run. i give credit though to silsbee that played hard and wanted to win real bad. that silsbee quarterback is a great athlete and #28 rocky calhoun is tough. #21 for newton was very impressive and he's just in the 10th grade.

I love it. "Seems to be down". Maybe there are just alot of good teams in southeast Texas this year, and some very tough match up. Ever thought of that? Its been posted on every forum in the state since realignment. The sad part of it is, some teams that are down, from elsewhere in Texas 3a football will make it to the playoffs while better teams sit at home and watch.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder