WO-S Offense ?????

WO-S 89

Nearly every poster on this board has at times put things up that didn't "come out just right". But that doesn't mean they are "haters" or "out for blood". Every winning program(WOS, Newton, Kirbyville) have posters that are over the top. When you absolutely continue to put things up trying to "make things right" and "explain what's wrong" it begins to turn to "homerism" pure and simple. I'm guilty, COOP is guilty, Skipper is guilty, AggiesAreWe is guilty, and the list goes on and on. It's human nature. Everyone needs to realize this and GET OVER IT. It's not a crime, it simply gets old.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33,let me tell you this jasper played there hearts out and played hard nose football friday night my hats off to the kids and smart coaching there in jasper .this was a good win for the kids there in jasper just enjoy it and go on to your next game  and win it and best of luck to them  the rest of the year.there are a few things that do stick out  about you 33, that you might clear up for me and a few more on here.WHERE were you friday night surley not at this game in jasper we can see this,i said something about you  in one of the post and  you got PO about it. let me tell you this when wo-s played a very good KV football team two weeks ago wo-s  and i will be the first to tell you the mustangs  got lucky and all the mustangs fans and KV fans know it.the mustangs played very very poor in that game also .even the KV fans will tell you this 33.i might have missed some of the better jasper posters on this ,BUT i never saw enyone from jasper (SAY) yes the kids at wo-s shot themself in the foot time and time agan. in closeing i will say it agan jasper did a super job and won thats what it is all about PS go to some of the jasper games only 5 bucks and thank you coach brooks for the messages and yes its sad. one other thing 33, stop pointing fingers  at some of us if you dont know what your talking about

Nice post Grad.

How about that... Something we agree on... ;D

Nice Grad, I agree with you completely. We need leaders on the offensive side of the ball and they guys who are supposed to be doing it, aren't. That is the first thing that needs fixing, then, like someone else mentioned, the rest will take care of itself.

There is really some major microanalyzing going on about this game.  No doubt WO-S has some issues but they will be corrected I'm sure of this.  Jasper impressed me and somebody is going to have to deal with them for sure.  Need not get overexcited about all this just yet.  I was in the stands years ago when Jasper took down the 'Stangs in Orange, I was also in the Dome 3 months later when WO-S took home the trophy.

... and to add to that, I also remember how miserable Jasper made our offense look that game as they beat us 21-8 and we scored the "8" at the end of the game and was a meaningless TD. We also had other games that year where we looked very bad, one that comes to mind was a 14-0 loss to Aldine Mac. We also had some highly touted seniors that year who just did not seem to want to step up and claim this as their team and elevate the play of those around them. Things change, kids play better, and some kids emerge as leaders as the season progresses. I'm not saying that this will happen or that we are destin for a season like we had in 1986. But, make no mistake, the potential to do that is there, it's just up to all involved to get it there. They either will, or they won't...

33,let me tell you this jasper played there hearts out and played hard nose football friday night my hats off to the kids and smart coaching there in jasper .this was a good win for the kids there in jasper just enjoy it and go on to your next game  and win it and best of luck to them  the rest of the year.there are a few things that do stick out  about you 33, that you might clear up for me and a few more on here.WHERE were you friday night surley not at this game in jasper we can see this,i said something about you  in one of the post and  you got PO about it. let me tell you this when wo-s played a very good KV football team two weeks ago wo-s  and i will be the first to tell you the mustangs  got lucky and all the mustangs fans and KV fans know it.the mustangs played very very poor in that game also .even the KV fans will tell you this 33.i might have missed some of the better jasper posters on this ,BUT i never saw enyone from jasper (SAY) yes the kids at wo-s shot themself in the foot time and time agan. in closeing i will say it agan jasper did a super job and won thats what it is all about PS go to some of the jasper games only 5 bucks and thank you coach brooks for the messages and yes its sad. one other thing 33, stop pointing fingers  at some of us if you dont know what your talking about

just go back and read what you and others have said...

i do know what i am talking about...

and im done argueing about it...

a new week has just began and my argument will end as of last night...

and

when did i get PO? j/w

direct quotes would be appreciated...

other than me saying something about me having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say half the time and that you are Coops parrot, i haven't said anything negative towards you...

Things will get better, trust me.  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Hey Coop I have an answer for you, and it is affecting WOS as much as Jasper. Enrollment!!! when you have over 900 in school you can field a better team than when you have fewer than 700 it is a simple numbers game. This problem started taking its toll on Jasper a few years ago and it seems to be catching up with WOS now.

Things will get better, trust me.  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Hey Coop I have an answer for you, and it is affecting WOS as much as Jasper. Enrollment!!! when you have over 900 in school you can field a better team than when you have fewer than 700 it is a simple numbers game. This problem started taking its toll on Jasper a few years ago and it seems to be catching up with WOS now.

Does Jasper have under 700 now? WOW! I thought they were still around 900.

I watched the Kirbyville vs. WOS film. Jamicheal Irvine was in the endzone, you guys record should be 2-2 right about now. I don't know if yall are having trouble on offense or is it that yall aren't as good as you think. Playing teams like Carthage and Gilmer would be the worst thing for the Mustangs. I do know Carthage has some serious SPEED!!!

I watched the Kirbyville vs. WOS film. Jamicheal Irvine was in the endzone, you guys record should be 2-2 right about now. I don't know if yall are having trouble on offense or is it that yall aren't as good as you think. Playing teams like Carthage and Gilmer would be the worst thing for the Mustangs. I do know Carthage has some serious SPEED!!!

It's not about whether he was in the endzone or not. It's where the ball was when the referee blew the whistle.

It's not about whether he was in the endzone or not. It's where the ball was when the referee blew the whistle. You are absolutely right, but Jamicheal and the FOOTBALL was in my friend. As for WOS, they can't handle teams with alot of speed on defense this year.

He wasn't in. Saw the film. Move on..

He saw the film too, Coop. He says the player was in. Who is right?

I'll tell ya who is right, neither of you. The refs are the ones who made the call, that's all that matters.

Yep....Its all good though. Maybe WOS will get better. Kirbyville offense will get even better when Devin Jackson and Stephon Jackson return for their first game of the season this coming friday.

It's hilarious watching all the non-WO-S fans ride Coop's back on this, especially AAW.  If we (WO-S) lose again he may have cardiac arrest.  

The facts are these...

1) WO-S is going backward on developing the offense.  This has more to do with player focus and execution than anything else.  It's not about play selection.  The play selection is just fine, and I'm happy that Toby has replaced the former OC.  This was a definite upgrade.

2) Jasper EARNED the victory.  They were the better team Friday night, and they deserved the win.  

I can guarantee you that most people who closely follow WO-S see it this way, but it's all overshadowed by the few homers (one in particular) who can't accept a loss for any reason.  Those who understand what's going on with the offense and who have a realistic view of what happened Friday night are not the ones who post as often as the homers I referred to.  

Congratulations Jasper.  

You say "Here are the facts"  and then procede to give us your opinion about who is the best OC.  We let the best man, the best coach, the best OC, get away from us.  But that is my opinion and I am not claiming that it is fact as you are.  We are one "if" away from being 1 win and two losses on the season.

It's hilarious watching all the non-WO-S fans ride Coop's back on this, especially AAW.  If we (WO-S) lose again he may have cardiac arrest.  

The facts are these...

1) WO-S is going backward on developing the offense.  This has more to do with player focus and execution than anything else.  It's not about play selection.  The play selection is just fine, and I'm happy that Toby has replaced the former OC.  This was a definite upgrade.

2) Jasper EARNED the victory.  They were the better team Friday night, and they deserved the win.  

I can guarantee you that most people who closely follow WO-S see it this way, but it's all overshadowed by the few homers (one in particular) who can't accept a loss for any reason.  Those who understand what's going on with the offense and who have a realistic view of what happened Friday night are not the ones who post as often as the homers I referred to.  

Congratulations Jasper.  

You say "Here are the facts"  and then procede to give us your opinion about who is the best OC.  We let the best man, the best coach, the best OC, get away from us.  But that is my opinion and I am not claiming that it is fact as you are.  We are one "if" away from being 1 win and two losses on the season.

THIS!

Guest bleed orange

The facts are these...

Congratulations Jasper.  

You say "Here are the facts"  and then procede to give us your opinion about who is the best OC.  We let the best man, the best coach, the best OC, get away from us.  But that is my opinion and I am not claiming that it is fact as you are.  We are one "if" away from being 1 win and two losses on the season.

Come on guys give it a rest. Last year you guys wanted to run coach Crouch out of town. Now you are giving Toby a hard time. Enough is a enough. You lost against a good team. It was not district or the playoffs. Move on. Vidor is happy because now all the long threads are about WOS and takes the attention off them. ;DAAW I just read your post before I posted and you are correct. WOS is not the caliber team everyone expected. Big deal. We are four games into the season. Don't you think the panic button has been pushed too soon? Give these kids and coaches a break. They are the ones putting in the time and work. I know your expectation are high every year and well deserved but man this thread is getting old.

Guest rykerx144

Things will get better, trust me.  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Kirbyville is in the 300's and Newton has less than Kirbyville so that excuse dont work at all!

Guest rykerx144

He wasn't in. Saw the film. Move on..

He saw the film too, Coop. He says the player was in. Who is right?

I'll tell ya who is right, neither of you. The refs are the ones who made the call, that's all that matters.

What difference does it make?  A Kirbyville win would only change the records,  it does not help WOS in their current situation if that game shows up as a win or lose.  Trust me that game to WOS might as well have been a lose.  Their problems right now run alot deeper than whether or not they came out of that game with a win.  You people that think maybe they are just not as good as previously thought are crazy.  This is a very good team that just has some kinks in the system that need to be worked out and they will be back so be careful what you say.      

Guest bleed orange

[/quote

Kirbyville is in the 300's and Newton has less than Kirbyville so that excuse dont work at all!

It will catch up eventually. Dropping in class does help for a few years.

Ryker, when does it get to where people discussing problems they percieve within their programs NOT be considered excuses?

Also, I really don't understand the point of your statement. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but Newton and Kirbyville compete in 2A. WOS and Jasper in 3A. Neither Kirbyville nor Newton have ever beat WOS and until this year, many of the games really haven't even been close. Not sure, but I think that Jasper has also won the majority of it's meeting between the two. I think enrollment does have a little bit to do with that. Not the decisive factor every year, but it does have a bearing.