WO-S Offense ?????

WO-S 89

WO-S lost fair and square. Offense has been terrible the last two games. O-line is not very good,and i don't know if it will get any better. Play calling not  completely terrible,but the discipline of the o-line is a part of the coordinators job also. So he shoulders some of the blame. We may not be quite as good as we thought we were going to be this season and that includes me. BUT............... all these teams in our district who even remotely think we are down enough to be vulnerable to them............GET REAL!!!! We are and will be the top dogs in this district for a long time. Its obvious WO-S losing makes a few of the posters really happy. But the laugh will be when we put up 60 on them in district. Let em talk Coop at least we are on their minds. ;D ;D

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WO-S lost fair and square. Offense has been terrible the last two games. O-line is not very good,and i don't know if it will get any better. Play calling not  completely terrible,but the discipline of the o-line is a part of the coordinators job also. So he shoulders some of the blame. We may not be quite as good as we thought we were going to be this season and that includes me. BUT............... all these teams in our district who even remotely think we are down enough to be vulnerable to them............GET REAL!!!! We are and will be the top dogs in this district for a long time. Its obvious WO-S losing makes a few of the posters really happy. But the laugh will be when we put up 60 on them in district. Let em talk Coop at least we are on their minds. ;D ;D

I seriously doubt you put up 60 on Silsbee ::)WOS might even get beat.

Guest rykerx144

Things will get better, trust me.  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Hey Coop I have an answer for you, and it is affecting WOS as much as Jasper. Enrollment!!! when you have over 900 in school you can field a better team than when you have fewer than 700 it is a simple numbers game. This problem started taking its toll on Jasper a few years ago and it seems to be catching up with WOS now.

Kirbyville is in the 300's and Newton has less than Kirbyville so that excuse dont work at all!

Ryker, when does it get to where people discussing problems they percieve within their programs NOT be considered excuses?

Also, I really don't understand the point of your statement. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but Newton and Kirbyville compete in 2A. WOS and Jasper in 3A. Neither Kirbyville nor Newton have ever beat WOS and until this year, many of the games really haven't even been close. Not sure, but I think that Jasper has also won the majority of it's meeting between the two. I think enrollment does have a little bit to do with that. Not the decisive factor every year, but it does have a bearing.

As for the excuses, I agree with you and thats not the point I was making.  If youll go back and read some of my post in this thread youll see i was making the same point you are asking me about.  

I think you read too much into the statment I wrote.  Yes they are 2a but can compete with most schools in 3A.  Obviously the more kids you have to choose from the better off you are.  Im was just making a statment that you dont have to have the numbers to put together a program that is capable of competing with schools with twice and somtimes three times the enrollment.  

Silsbee is not near the team they have been in the past. I dont even think they are the same caliber as kirbyville or Jasper. I feel like i should be talkin frito pie recipes with u not football. When we whip Silsbee i'll be lookin for u.

Guest bleed orange

I tried to end this thread but you guys won't let me. ;D Put 60 on them. Your day is coming. You guys are not on our minds until the week we play you. WOS losing never crossed my mind because I do believe they have one of the best coaching staffs in the area and great kids. What bother me is you lose a game and you guys want to point the finger at the OC. Adults and kids are not perfect. There is a lot of Orangefield fans who go watch the mustangs in the playoffs. It is because we support Orange County. Would we love to beat you guys? YOU BET!!!!!!!!!!! We do in other sports. Are we jealous of your football program. You bet we are. We are also working very hard to prove you guys wrong and that day will come, I promise.

Things will get better, trust me.  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Hey Coop I have an answer for you, and it is affecting WOS as much as Jasper. Enrollment!!! when you have over 900 in school you can field a better team than when you have fewer than 700 it is a simple numbers game. This problem started taking its toll on Jasper a few years ago and it seems to be catching up with WOS now.

Kirbyville is in the 300's and Newton has less than Kirbyville so that excuse dont work at all!

Ryker, when does it get to where people discussing problems they percieve within their programs NOT be considered excuses?

Also, I really don't understand the point of your statement. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but Newton and Kirbyville compete in 2A. WOS and Jasper in 3A. Neither Kirbyville nor Newton have ever beat WOS and until this year, many of the games really haven't even been close. Not sure, but I think that Jasper has also won the majority of it's meeting between the two. I think enrollment does have a little bit to do with that. Not the decisive factor every year, but it does have a bearing.

As for the excuses, I agree with you and thats not the point I was making.  If youll go back and read some of my post in this thread youll see i was making the same point you are asking me about.  

I think you read too much into the statment I wrote.  Yes they are 2a but can compete with most schools in 3A.  Obviously the more kids you have to choose from the better off you are.  Im was just making a statment that you dont have to have the numbers to put together a program that is capable of competing with schools with twice and somtimes three times the enrollment.  

Gotcha and I agree. I think the point thunder was making is that it gets hard to compete at the level WOS does every year with a declining enrollment. Sooner or later, you are going to have a down year. I agree with him as well, but I don't think that will be this year, because the talent is there. I agree with you on that. I think we will get it going.

Silsbee is not near the team they have been in the past. I dont even think they are the same caliber as kirbyville or Jasper. I feel like i should be talkin frito pie recipes with u not football. When we whip Silsbee i'll be lookin for u.

Well we all know WOS is not the caliber of Jasper

Guest bleed orange

i would love to see OF in the playoffs this year and i think you guy have been working hard and its starting to pay off ,,keep up the good work

Thank you, skipper. WOS being in the playoffs would be a redundant statement. They always are.

I have to laugh at the poster who is saying WOS will hang 60 on Silsbee. That's funny right there I don't care who you are. ;D

WOS can't hang 60 against Silsbee on the hardwood, much less do it on the football field. This kind of comment leaves you no credibility, Stangs92.

Will WOS beat Silsbee? Most likely. But they will not score 60 points. The last 3 years that these two teams have played each other since dropping down to 3A, WOS has scored a combined 51 points in those 3 games. That's an average of 17 points a game, far cry from 60. I think last year's Mustang offense is better than this year's version, and they only scored 14 against Silsbee, 7 of that in overtime. They won't get 60 in one game, I'll bet any amount of money you want on that.

Guest rykerx144

AggiesAreWe-----Out of your 7759 post it seems about 7000 of them are on WO-S threads. Silsbee is your team right. ;D ;D

thats what makes rivalries!  it would be pretty boring in a forum if we just all went to our town teams site and posted.  It would be like one big group hug and although I know a few on here that would like that I think its pretty gross!!!

we were beat by a better team THAT NIGHT! october 2nd and october 9th will soon be here and when both games are over you make sure you dont disappear!  ;)

we were beat by a better team THAT NIGHT! october 2nd and october 9th will soon be here and when both games are over you make sure you dont disappear!  ;)

If Silsbee beats WOS, lets make sure you do not disappear.

If Silsbee beats WOS, lets make sure you do not disappear.

you have no worries there... if you beat us it would be because youre better on that night. no excuses here.

Some of our Mustang fans have a VERY short memory!  In 2007, we started the season with a 22 - 14 victory against Dayton, a 6 - 0 victory against lcm, and a 12 - 15 loss to bay city.  Neither Bay City nor lcm made the playoffs that year.  We then went on to make it to the third round of the playoffs where we lost 21 - 13 to Waco La Vega.  Trust me when I say that both Kirbyville and Jasper of 2009 are better than those two teams were.  We will be just fine!  By the way we have not scored more than 21 points on Silsbee in the last three years.  So the odds of us hanging 60 is not very good.

Some of our Mustang fans have a VERY short memory!  In 2007, we started the season with a 22 - 14 victory against Dayton, a 6 - 0 victory against lcm, and a 12 - 15 loss to bay city.  Neither Bay City nor lcm made the playoffs that year.  We then went on to make it to the third round of the playoffs where we lost 21 - 13 to Waco La Vega.  Trust me when I say that both Kirbyville and Jasper of 2009 are better than those two teams were.  We will be just fine!  By the way we have not scored more than 21 points on Silsbee in the last three years.  So the odds of us hanging 60 is not very good.

Yes, I remember that year.  WO-S fans were crying about losing to Bay City that year like they are now...

Well said! Good luck.

:'( :'( :'( :'(oh yes i am  BUT I FEEL A CHANGE CONNING ON :P  smiles .alot of mustang fans are not crying just  :-[ on the play of the stangs, whats the old saying  ( CANT WIN THEM ALL ) life must go on now and coach hooks has alot of soul searching to do.this is not the first time the mustangs have been in this spot  ,i think 20 pluse years ago are was it 30

Guest rykerx144

I can honestly say that WO-S has the slowest offense that i've seen in years.  You would think that the two oklahoma recruits would spark some kind of explosion but that's not really the case.  No SPEED!!!!!

SETXSPORTS needs to come up with an icon under your profile and call it the "intelligent button".  Its works kind of like an ignore button and you can click on it and ignore this person until they have something intelligent to say!!

I can honestly say that WO-S has the slowest offense that i've seen in years.  You would think that the two oklahoma recruits would spark some kind of explosion but that's not really the case.  No SPEED!!!!!

SETXSPORTS needs to come up with an icon under your profile and call it the "intelligent button".  Its works kind of like an ignore button and you can click on it and ignore this person until they have something intelligent to say!!

but then no one would ever be able to see anything you have to say!!  ;) ;D