Nederland/Brenham Game 3 Broadcast..8-6 Cubs Advance!!!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of the cupboard not being bare, Brenham only loses 1 of the top 12 players from this team. They return 7 of the 8 starting position players and their top 3 pitches. They only lose their rightfielder, who is probably their 10th best player.

Brenham should be in the thick of things next year too.

Maybe the announcer next year will be a little more biased for Nederland.

Great season Dogs. You showed the ''Almighty Brenham'' that you weren't just going to roll over after losing the frist one. Believe me, they wouldn't want another series with you. Keep your heads held high.

Maybe the announcer next year will be a little more biased for Nederland.

Great season Dogs. You showed the ''Almighty Brenham'' that you weren't just going to roll over after losing the frist one. Believe me, they wouldn't want another series with you. Keep your heads held high.

I believe that my broadcast was "pro Nederland". I am sorry you feel that I slighted the Bulldogs. The fact is, anytime I do a broadcast, I call it like I see it. If the opposing team makes a great play, I will let it be known.

If you don't like the broadcast, you should have gone to the game.

I think that anyone would agree that there were more web gem type of defensive plays in game 3 than most teams make in an entire season. Hate to see either team lose this game, they both left it all out there.

I could not believe how few folks showed up on both sides, they missed two really good ones.

If you don't like the broadcast, you should have gone to the game.

I think that anyone would agree that there were more web gem type of defensive plays in game 3 than most teams make in an entire season. Hate to see either team lose this game, they both left it all out there.

I could not believe how few folks showed up on both sides, they missed two really good ones.

I would have loved to go to the game, but my work schedule prevents this. Let's see, enjoy some baseball or keep my job.....hmmmm! So don't be telling people what they should do if you don't know their circumstances.

AAW, I thought you did an alright job, you just got a bit too excited for Brenham when they threw a strike or hit the ball. I know you are trying to make it interesting, but it just seemed slanted. Then you come back and post about how Brenham's cupboard is not bare. I wouldn't post anything about how good Brenham is going to be next year. According to most sports people in the know, Nederland wasn't even supposed to be on the same field as Friendswood or Brenham, but we showed them a ''what for''. That, to me, is what's exciting and what makes baseball what it is.

Sorry, I must go to work now....

I wanted to say congratulations to the Nederland baseball team. This was some great baseball from both teams. Both teams were worthy candidates for making the trip to Austin. Unfortunately only one team goes. You would think that a tough and emotional series like this would better prep the team representing our region at the state tournament.

Being from Brenham, I tip my hat to Nederland. You represented your town and high school with great class and character. I'm proud to have the opportunity to watch both teams represent their High Schools. Best of luck to Nederland in 2010! Maybe next year we'll be here again duking it out again.

Now Brenham lets take it to them at the state tournament. Congratulations on a great year!

FYI- I thought you're broadcast was great! You did a great job. I also thought you represented Nederland the way you should. Your respect to Brenham at the end of the broadcast showed your great sportsman ship. Give credit where credit is due!

It was a hard fight between two good teams.  I want to say congratulations to Brenham.  I am a proud Bulldog fan.  I am so proud of all the Bulldog players on their accomplishments this year.  You fought hard and never gave up and that is what makes a great team.  For the Seniors, I know last night was your last high school game.  You played it with pride and heart and all of you will have a great future.  For all the underclassmen, you have a lot of talent and I hope to see you bring us back next year. 

Well, I can see that my opinion has stirred the pot. I guess I owe AAW an apology, but since it was simply a case of constructive criticism, I see nothing wrong. When someone is going to put it out there, they are going to have to handle some feedback, which is not always congratulatory. I hope no one holds this against me as it is just an opinion.

Well, I can see that my opinion has stirred the pot. I guess I owe AAW an apology, but since it was simply a case of constructive criticism, I see nothing wrong. When someone is going to put it out there, they are going to have to handle some feedback, which is not always congratulatory. I hope no one holds this against me as it is just an opinion.

I guess I understand where you are coming from cause I'm on the flip side as a sports writer. I hear more constructive criticism than applause. It just goes with the territory.

Baddog, We all listen and watch sporting events with our hearts and eyes. Sometimes the umps and announcers calls always seem to us to be over the top for the other team. But I don't want to listen to a game where a homer announcer doesn't tell what is really going on, if a player makes a great play I want to know about it, it is good broadcasting. Setxsports, thanks for providing me with a chance to listen to the games, I am not from Ned. or Brenham, and I appreciate it.

AAW, your broadcast was great, so don't let one bad apple ruin it.  I wish everyone could just be happy they got to hear the game because of your continued committment to high school sports in Southeast TX.  Without you, I wonder how folks who had to work could have heard the game.  Your desire to promote this area's youth is unparallel.  Thanks for doing what you do.  Congrats NHS on a great year!

AAW, your broadcast was great, so don't let one bad apple ruin it.  I wish everyone could just be happy they got to hear the game because of your continued committment to high school sports in Southeast TX.  Without you, I wonder how folks who had to work could have heard the game.  Your desire to promote this area's youth is unparallel.  Thanks for doing what you do.  Congrats NHS on a great year!

Your comments are greatly appreciated. I am humbled by your words.

I do this because I love it and I hope it shows in my broadcasts.

Again, thanks for your kind words.

AAW, your broadcast was great, so don't let one bad apple ruin it.  I wish everyone could just be happy they got to hear the game because of your continued committment to high school sports in Southeast TX.  Without you, I wonder how folks who had to work could have heard the game.  Your desire to promote this area's youth is unparallel.  Thanks for doing what you do.  Congrats NHS on a great year!

Your comments are greatly appreciated. I am humbled by your words.

I do this because I love it and I hope it shows in my broadcasts.

Again, thanks for your kind words.

As long as you don't talk about the Aggies I'm sure you do fine.

What I will say about AggiesAreWe is he simply loves high school sports. Yes he wants the best for our local guys but the love of sports is what drives him to do what he does. I do the same thing on a daily basis. I want the best for all SETX teams and players but I go to the games for the pure love of the sports itself. Keep doing what you do Mike, the area appreciated it I promise.

For those of you that have congratulated the Brenham Cubs on winning the Region III championship, I want to say a sincere "thank you". Congratulations on a great season to the Nederland Bulldogs, you have nothing to hang your heads about. You played a great series and I really like the way your team plays the game. You could tell they are a well coached group of young men. I was astounded at the way a young group of high schoolers hit the cutoff man and made perfect throws to the plate time and again to nail potential Cub baserunners. And I would take 9 of your catcher in my lineup any time. Wish I knew how many runs he saved blocking balls in the dirt during the series. Congratulations again.

For those of you that have congratulated the Brenham Cubs on winning the Region III championship, I want to say a sincere "thank you". Congratulations on a great season to the Nederland Bulldogs, you have nothing to hang your heads about. You played a great series and I really like the way your team plays the game. You could tell they are a well coached group of young men. I was astounded at the way a young group of high schoolers hit the cutoff man and made perfect throws to the plate time and again to nail potential Cub baserunners. And I would take 9 of your catcher in my lineup any time. Wish I knew how many runs he saved blocking balls in the dirt during the series. Congratulations again.

You ought to be a salesman...oh, wait you are. Maybe politics.  ;D

Seriously, great post. Nederland always seems to be well coached w/ kids who play the game the right way.

Best of luck against Texas High on Wednesday...You know I'll be calling for updates.....and Hook 'Em Horns tonight.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder