Nederland/Brenham Game 3 Broadcast..8-6 Cubs Advance!!!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this isn't easy for me but here goes. Aggies Are We, I think I owe you an apology for saying your Nederland/Brenham broadcast was slanted towards Brenham. I'm not used to your manner and may have heard things the wrong way. Even if I did have a problem with it, I should have just PM'd you instead of posting it on the board. I do want to say that I never questioned your dedication to the local kids. I simply misunderstood your excitement for both teams. Hopefully all is forgiven.

Wow, this isn't easy for me but here goes. Aggies Are We, I think I owe you an apology for saying your Nederland/Brenham broadcast was slanted towards Brenham. I'm not used to your manner and may have heard things the wrong way. Even if I did have a problem with it, I should have just PM'd you instead of posting it on the board. I do want to say that I never questioned your dedication to the local kids. I simply misunderstood your excitement for both teams. Hopefully all is forgiven.

Apology accepted, no problem here, we're cool.

Well done.

I am getting in toward the end of this thread but I also wanted to say thanks to Mike and SETXsports for the broadcast.  Was pulling for the Dogs in this one as my nephews from HF have played with or competed against many of the Nederland players.  Nothing against Brenham though, they have a quality program with much tradition.  I thought the broadcast was quite objective with just a bit of underlying hope that the Dogs would come away with the win - never sensed that Nederland (or Brenham) was slighted at all.  On the other hand, it's a good thing for a team to have supporters in the community willing to step to their defense (at a perceived slight or otherwise).  Congratulations to both teams in representing their communities with class and great effort on the field.  Mike, thanks again to you.  But if we fail to thank you as much as we should, we know you can fall back on the extremely lucrative and extravagant compensation package that most high school broadcasters receive - :D.  (something along the lines of a hot dog and maybe a free coke?)

Guest JoesBros

As broadcasters of this web site we like to be fare to both teams. Ive been lucky enough to be associated with Vidor and during my broadcast during this season I would get excited when they did something good or pulled a game out in the end. But I would also give credit to the other teams when they deserved it as well. For the record Im not a Vidor graduate or have anyother association with Vidor but broadcast. Mike is a great broadcaster and I got to listen to the final game that series and though he did an excellent job.

I am getting in toward the end of this thread but I also wanted to say thanks to Mike and SETXsports for the broadcast.  Was pulling for the Dogs in this one as my nephews from HF have played with or competed against many of the Nederland players.  Nothing against Brenham though, they have a quality program with much tradition.  I thought the broadcast was quite objective with just a bit of underlying hope that the Dogs would come away with the win - never sensed that Nederland (or Brenham) was slighted at all.  On the other hand, it's a good thing for a team to have supporters in the community willing to step to their defense (at a perceived slight or otherwise).  Congratulations to both teams in representing their communities with class and great effort on the field.  Mike, thanks again to you.  But if we fail to thank you as much as we should, we know you can fall back on the extremely lucrative and extravagant compensation package that most high school broadcasters receive - :D.  (something along the lines of a hot dog and maybe a free coke?)

LOL  You can say that again. Thanks for the props.

As broadcasters of this web site we like to be fare to both teams. Ive been lucky enough to be associated with Vidor and during my broadcast during this season I would get excited when they did something good or pulled a game out in the end. But I would also give credit to the other teams when they deserved it as well. For the record Im not a Vidor graduate or have anyother association with Vidor but broadcast. Mike is a great broadcaster and I got to listen to the final game that series and though he did an excellent job.

That means alot. Thanks Joey.

I would expect the same from any fan. Great first post.

Guest JoesBros

That means alot. Thanks Joey.

Just giving credit where its due  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83