Credeur to LaMarque?

JS

I ran into a Lamarque Administrator last night--he said they are actively recuiting Credeur to come aboard

Its not lamarque its Jasper and there is interest both ways for ad/hc.  and yes Jasper will pay more than lumberton.

And you know that Jasper would pay more than Lumberton because...? You don't know that. I think it's hilarious that there are so many people coming on here acting like they know exactly what is going on and what will happen, etc. They know this & that because their inside sources told them so. Ha Ha, what a joke. Everyone wants to be a know it all.

Not that I'm a know it all but what exactly do you know about coaches moving jobs? I think it is hilarious that you think you know what you are talking about!!!!

Why do you think he would not go there to be a DC?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran into a Lamarque Administrator last night--he said they are actively recuiting Credeur to come aboard

Its not lamarque its Jasper and there is interest both ways for ad/hc.  and yes Jasper will pay more than lumberton.

And you know that Jasper would pay more than Lumberton because...? You don't know that. I think it's hilarious that there are so many people coming on here acting like they know exactly what is going on and what will happen, etc. They know this & that because their inside sources told them so. Ha Ha, what a joke. Everyone wants to be a know it all.

Not that I'm a know it all but what exactly do you know about coaches moving jobs? I think it is hilarious that you think you know what you are talking about!!!!

because he wants things done his way.

is being a dc, that won't happen.

Was told he will have TOTAL control of off-season and in charge of discipline. That is one of the things that is going to keep him out of the classroom. 3 athletic periods, 2 conferences, and all the support to change the discipline and attitudes over there. Plus 90,000plus...and no AD duties...What more could you want??? And He does not have to live in the district. Pearland 15 minute drive!!!!

Guest airitout123

Was told he will have TOTAL control of off-season and in charge of discipline. That is one of the things that is going to keep him out of the classroom. 3 athletic periods, 2 conferences, and all the support to change the discipline and attitudes over there. Plus 90,000plus...and no AD duties...What more could you want??? And He does not have to live in the district. Pearland 15 minute drive!!!!

This is absolute, pure rumor.

That is what the conversation was about. I know that there were nothing guaranteed but this is what the conversation was about. Just watch...Monday after the holidays. You will all get official word. Stay tuned...

Are you saying a week from today or the Monday following the Christmas break?

I would find it hard to believe that LaMarque would pay their DC $90,000.

I don't see Credeur leaving a 4A AD job for a 4A DC job.

Next Monday is what I was told. But he has through the Christmas break to give them answer. And why would you not leave Lumberton to go to La Marque to be a DC. More money...less responsibility...bigger program...more potential...not a hard coaching decision. It may look like it from the outside but if Lumberton is not going to pay up I would leave!!

Trust me Maverick24 knows Coach C He may be the only one on here with Coach C's Cell # on speed dial!!!

If it is only a money thing, I am positive Lumberton could make / match any salary being offered else where between the school district and private funds.

Kinda ironic, just about 365 days ago LaMarque was calling Lumberton "effluent rednecks" prior to our 2nd round game.  Now they want to hire one of our "redneck alumni"?

Ain't gonna happen, we will take care of our own!!!

the main thing he focuses on is doing things right, and that is the exact opposite of what lamarque does.

he would end up killing someone if he had to coach there.

and he won't leave a great thing at lumberton for anything other than a headcoaching job.

Your exactly right at Lamarque they start at a very young age teaching their kids how to do things wrong.

Surely you jest? To make such an outrageous overall conclusion based on one game between LM vs. Lumberton is ludicrous. Last years failure of discipline was an exception to the rule as far as tradition and sportsmanship goes as it pertains to LM. I don't advocate any of LM's antics last year as being a lifelong LM Coog fan and alumnist under the guidance of former disciplined coaches such as Massey, Weddel and Erwin those type of actions were few and far between as it relates to the football field. Also, to set the record straight am I correct to judge Lumbertons program based solely on their antics as well during that ballgame? As I clearly recall there were numerous personal foul penalties both ways and both teams coaches had to be talked to during the game (play was halted) to warn both sides of cleaning up their antics to get the game somewhat under control. My city, La Marque has played many triangle teams in the playoffs including Central, WOS, PNG, Nederland as well as numerous others in years past and most real fans would agree that La Marque isn't a classless program as some Lumberton fans have concluded based solely on 1 game alone. Lastly, to address your specific quote directly, you don't make 9 State championship appearances and win 5 actual State crowns by having taught your kids how to do things wrong starting at a very early age as those accomplishments alone should indicate what we "normally" teach our kids, get real fella! :o

the main thing he focuses on is doing things right, and that is the exact opposite of what lamarque does.

and he won't leave a great thing at lumberton for anything other than a headcoaching job.

Your exactly right at Lamarque they start at a very young age teaching their kids how to do things wrong.

Surely you jest? To make such an outrageous overall conclusion based on one game between LM vs. Lumberton is ludicrous. Last years failure of discipline was an exception to the rule as far as tradition and sportsmanship goes as it pertains to LM. I don't advocate any of LM's antics last year as being a lifelong LM Coog fan and alumnist under the guidance of former disciplined coaches such as Massey, Weddel and Erwin those type of actions were few and far between as it relates to the football field. Also, to set the record straight am I correct to judge Lumbertons program based solely on their antics as well during that ballgame? As I clearly recall there were numerous personal foul penalties both ways and both teams coaches had to be talked to during the game (play was halted) to warn both sides of cleaning up their antics to get the game somewhat under control. My city, La Marque has played many triangle teams in the playoffs including Central, WOS, PNG, Nederland as well as numerous others in years past and most real fans would agree that La Marque isn't a classless program as some Lumberton fans have concluded based solely on 1 game alone. Lastly, to address your specific quote directly, you don't make 9 State championship appearances and win 5 actual State crowns by having taught your kids how to do things wrong starting at a very early age as those accomplishments alone should indicate what we "normally" teach our kids, get real fella! :o

Easy killer I was being sarcastic because I thought what he said was ridiculous.

Easy killer I was being sarcastic because I thought what he said was ridiculous.

Ah my bad on my part as I misconstrued who you were directing your sarcasm at, my apologies!

Ah my bad on my part as I misconstrued who you were directing your sarcasm at, my apologies!

What I like about you is that you made your point without being overly offensive.

Judging from ONE post (haha I hope you don't mind coming from a Lumberton fan), you seem alright. ;)

Coog, I agree with your assessment of LM...no program can be as successful as LM by doing things "wrong"...Nederladn has played them several times over the years and I have the utmost respect for the LM program.

I still find this Credeur rumor to be crazy...I will eat some crow on this myself if he leaves, but I just don't see this happening...I'll believe it when I see it...sounds to me like Credeur is a hometown boy with a good thing going and unless someone offers him a ridiculous amount of money, he ain't going nowhere.

Coog, I agree with your assessment of LM...no program can be as successful as LM by doing things "wrong"...Nederladn has played them several times over the years and I have the utmost respect for the LM program.

I still find this Credeur rumor to be crazy...I will eat some crow on this myself if he leaves, but I just don't see this happening...I'll believe it when I see it...sounds to me like Credeur is a hometown boy with a good thing going and unless someone offers him a ridiculous amount of money, he ain't going nowhere.

Nobody has said he's going anywhere they just said he had offers.

WHOOOOOSH......

Just my opinion on coaching.  the head coach can really make a difference for a year or two.  But to change direction of a program your staff from 7th grade up, must believe in the concept.  A great coach trains his assistants to take his place.  Coaches like anyone else strive to move forward with their career.  L-Town fans should be proud that their coach is being recruited and have faith that he has prepared his staff to continue his success. There are a couple of young coaches in Lumberton that were winners back in their playing days and should fall right into place.  L-Town has the most support I have seen in the last 25 years or so.  I don't see the results declining if coach C decides to take advantage of an opportunity that comes his way.  He has done a GREAT job and he deserves to rewarded one way or another.  The good thing is that he is in a postion to CHOOSE his "Happy Place".  If we could all be so fortunate. ??? >:( :(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder