Lumberton vs. Nederland Predictions?

Not to underestimate the game at all, but it does appear that this game may be less important than it originally was supposed to be...both are going to the playoffs regardless of the outcome, however, you do not want to go in playing poorly, nor do you want to go in with key injuries...I think both coaching staffs will be taking that into consideration this week as they prepare for each other, but more importantly, for the playoffs...I sure would like to beat lumberton, but I would like a deep playoff run more...don't be surprised if both coaches try to get the regulars some reps and then defer to the backups later, although lumberton may have more to play for in hopes of avoiding Dayton in round one.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BIG HOUSE

Lumberton will come out and try to win this game..It would mean A DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP(1st. outright ever)....

That being said, It will be a difficult game for the Raider secondary. Then who knows how effective Beard will be with the injury..

There will be no whinning here but there are some key factors for Lumberton that don't look good for this game.

However we should be able to RUN the ball all night with Hanna and Asher even with 10 or 11 in the box..Ned's run D is questionable at best.....Key will be to stop Bellows from rolling out and get pressure on him...Hit him in the mouth a couple of times and make him watch for pressure...After watching the LC-M game last night I think our secondary will have to step up and play BIG..

Offense can't turn the ball over and we must be able to complete a few slant routes or over the middle passes...

L-Train- 28

Nederland-24

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

lcm threw for 230 on you,,,,man its gona be a long nite for the l-train......lumberton fans just keep watching the replays on the big screen...L-TRAIN gets knocked off the tracks by hungry pack of bulldogs

U people just keep focusing on all of these stats alright. Stats don't matter if U still don't put points up on the board. LCM threw for passing yards = 6 points and PNG was able to throw on us some = 10 points. Stats aren't everything folks.

This game is HUGE for Lumberton.

Not to win "A SHARE" of the district chamionship but to also get the #1 seeding.

If the Raiders don't win, the people in Lumberton will be hearing a low rumbling thunder all week, it will be the sound of a massive Bronco stampede that will totally obliiterate the L-Train.

Although I am a die hard PN-G grad, this week (and for this week only)

GO BULLDOGS!

You have 5,000 Bulldog fans over here in Dayton!

Going to be a great game I dont think either team will look at this as a Scrim. One wants to prove they are a real playoff team the other wants an out-right District title. I agree that no one wants to see Dayton in first round, but you may have to play them sometime anyway. I would like to see AC on the field but not if he is not healthy. I do think that the posters that are saying that this game will be won by 30 or 40 points have no clue about HS football. I rememebr last year how all the Raider fans heard about the high flying OFF. of Ned. and how the Slow Raiders would never slow them down. MMMMMM Rememebr what happened you MEMBER dont you.

Remember the two teams that beat you and put up big #'s well-- the small,slow Raider team beat both of them and neither one put up Big Off. #'s.  With that being said I don't think this means that the Raiders win anymore than Ned. beating Vidor (who beat Us ) means Ned wins.  I think it will be a great game and should be close. Good luck to both teams and may both teams end reg. season with no injurys.

This game is huge in my opinion. It's definitely not a scrimmage. If Lumberton wins, they win district outright for the first time ever and they get the low seed in 194A and avoid Dayton. I really would prefer not to play Dayton in 1st round...just being honest. Not only that, but who wants to lose to Ned the very last game of the season. Lumberton wants to win and will play to win this game. I must say that because of the way things have been going lately and things that have happened, I'm a little worried.

This game is huge in my opinion. It's definitely not a scrimmage. If Lumberton wins, they win district outright for the first time ever and they get the low seed in 194A and avoid Dayton. I really would prefer not to play Dayton in 1st round...just being honest. Not only that, but who wants to lose to Ned the very last game of the season. Lumberton wants to win and will play to win this game. I must say that because of the way things have been going lately and things that have happened, I'm a little worried.

The only way Lumberton wins the district outright is if they beat Nederland AND Vidor beats Livingston.  If Lumberton and Livingston both win then it can only be a Co-Championship.  With both teams having the same record there can not be an outright champion.  It goes back to Team #1 beat Team #2 which beat Team #3 which beat Team #1 which beat team #2 ............... Wow this sounds familiar.

I agree with the U on his last post...

There are a lot of factors at play here, primarily whether or not Beard plays..Personally, if it really is a torn ACL (even a slight tear) I don't play him. His future is more important than how the Raiders fare against Nederland or a potential playoff run. If he doesn't play, it's a big loss to Lumberton that will be felt against the Bulldogs. This game could go either way. I'm pulling for Lumberton in a close one but I won't commit to a prediction until pre-game next Friday.

Lumberton 28

Nederland 23

oldrock...

Technically, you're right. But, we all know that "head to head" Lumberton (upon beating Nederland and Livingston beating Vidor) will be the true District Champ just as Livingston would be the "true" District Champ if the role was reversed. This may not matter in UIL circles, etc. but, in the mind of the fans, this is how it works. Head to Head/point spreads, etc...It's just human nature to find some way out of a tie...A tie sucks! (ha).

If LCM had freshman and sophmores that picked lumbertons secondary apart for 213 yards what do you think Asa alone will do to them? LCM picked them apart on the first drive so it was against the starters...

If LCM had freshman and sophmores that picked lumbertons secondary apart for 213 yards what do you think Asa alone will do to them? LCM picked them apart on the first drive so it was against the starters...

Tell me, how many points did LCM score Fri. night? The secondary may bend at times but they haven't broken very much this year. They do come up with big plays (INTS) when needed in critical situations. Our D-Line is part of that and if they can get consistent pressure on Bellows like they have on QB's all year it won't be as easy as U think. Oh, and picked Lumberton apart? Please...

With both teams having the same record there can not be an outright champion.  It goes back to Team #1 beat Team #2 which beat Team #3 which beat Team #1 which beat team #2 ............... Wow this sounds familiar.

What does team #3 have to do with anything?  There will only be two teams with 1 loss.

Giving that Lumberton beat Livngston, Lumberton should be the outright champion.  I doubt it works that way, but your analogy doesn't make any sense.

The head to head only decides playoff seeding, not district titles. If two teams end up with the same record, they are declared co-champs.

Both Lumberton, Livingston, Central and Nederland can get a piece, if not all of the district title this coming week. Only Lumberton and Livingston can win the district title outright.

Tell me, how many points did LCM score Fri. night? The secondary may bend at times but they haven't broken very much this year. They do come up with big plays (INTS) when needed in critical situations. Our D-Line is part of that and if they can get consistent pressure on Bellows like they have on QB's all year it won't be as easy as U think. Oh, and picked Lumberton apart? Please...

i guess your right.. LCM may not have picked them apart but they sure did rack up mor yards passing in 1 game than several others combined.. not sure if LCM is just starting to click together or the secondary is weak.. i do understand that they probably played more for the rush because LCM has done alot of rushing in the past.  either way, if the they play like they did w/Lcm they will have trouble with Asa and others.

I must say that i am hoping Lumberton wins and wins big.. i feel though, the game will only be lost if Ned. finds the deep play with asa..  go lumberton....  good luck in the playoffs

Guest gladiator2

Nederland 34

Lumberton 27

Too much offense and as the defense will step up when needed. Don't think for one minute that Neumann is going to be resting player's, he likes to have his teams rolling when they hit the playoffs. Lumberton will be trying to do same because they have a district championship on the line. Let's don't make excuses, let's play football. Before last night the talk was all about Nederland not being very good. I believe they woke a few people up that had been talking all week. Livingston will beat Vidor to win the outright championship. I stated this on a earlier post, I think that Livingston is the best team in this district. But any team can be beat. Good luck to all!!

If I am not mistaken, this game is just as huge to both teams!!!  Central and Nederland are going Big School in the play-offs are tied in the standings.  Lumberton and Livingston are going Small School in the play-offs and are tied in the standings.  To say this game doesnt matter is a huge mistake to either team.  Does anyone know Bellows eligability for this game?  I believe he was ejected from last nights game.  Does this mean he has to serve a 1 game suspension, or is that not really a rule?  That would be a deciding factor for this game.

If I am not mistaken, this game is just as huge to both teams!!!  Central and Nederland are going Big School in the play-offs are tied in the standings.  Lumberton and Livingston are going Small School in the play-offs and are tied in the standings.  To say this game doesnt matter is a huge mistake to either team.  Does anyone know Bellows eligability for this game?  I believe he was ejected from last nights game.  Does this mean he has to serve a 1 game suspension, or is that not really a rule?  That would be a deciding factor for this game.

The bad thing for L-Town is that Bellows' ejection from last nights game will not have any effect on next weeks game, remember, Hannah was also ejected against Vidor, he played the next game. That being said what we need here in L-Town is to establish a passing game, I think we can contain Big Ned to an extent, but if we can't get the ball into the air we may have problems. Our biggest problem is that Ryan needs a little more time to set, our offensive line is so used to blowing people off the line for the runner which is great but they need to work on holding the line still. Think of it like water, you push your fist in and you are pushing water ahead of you but water also fills in behind, we need to become a dam instead and hold all the water back. The boy has an arm but he needs time to be more accurate, with as much running as we do, he doesn't get much practice picking his target, setting, then passing. We have one more game to figure this out, otherwise it may be a short trip in the playoffs this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin