Lumberton vs. Nederland Predictions?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the dogs will knock the train off the tracks next friday at bulldog stadium.........too,too,too much offense for lumberton..just like vidor,they have not had to cover a passing team all year.the bulldogs are the only team that throws the ball in district.....you wont stop these weapons.....

dogs 42

raiders 21

Well... before last night, I believed Nederland was going to run away with this one, now I am not so sure.  Nederland struggled last night way more than I expected.  The score looks worse than it actually  was.  That game was not decided until very late in the 4th quarter.  Also, Bellows was ejected and I am not sure of his playing status this week (maybe ineligable).  Lets be honest,  eventhough Vidor beat Lumberton, Lumberton is a better team.  If Nederland struggles like that again this week, they may not get off the hook again.  The key to this game will also be Lumbertons QB (Hughes) play.  Nederland will stack the box to try and stop the run, so he will need to be able to connect on throws when oppertunities present themselves.  Everything you have heard about Nederlands offense is true except that it is even better than that.  If Bellows is playing, Lumbertons offense will have to be its best Defense also.  This will be a great game, my prediction is that Nederland comes out strong at home...

Ned (with Bellows)  31

Lumberton 27 (we always miss at least 1 extra point)

Lumberton, but not by much.  Nederland defense is weeeeeak.  Their offense can be stopped...Grogan is a hoss, but is weak in spirit.  All you have to do is hit him hard a couple of times and he will be down.  Stop Cardenas and you will have it made.  He is pretty much their main receiver. Other than that...they're not that impressive.  Stay ahead the whole game and you will really have it made.  The defense gets down easily!!!  Really don't see them making it too far into the playoffs!!!

Lumberton, but not by much.  Nederland defense is weeeeeak.  Their offense can be stopped...Grogan is a hoss, but is weak in spirit.   All you have to do is hit him hard a couple of times and he will be down.  Stop Cardenas and you will have it made.  He is pretty much their main receiver. Other than that...they're not that impressive.  Stay ahead the whole game and you will really have it made.  The defense gets down easily!!!  Really don't see them making it too far into the playoffs!!!

Good post.....! ;D

"Grogan is a hoss, but it weak in spirit."   ::) ::)

Now that's funny right there.  Go line up in front of him and see how weak his spirit is.  He is very hard to bring down, especially when he get a full head of steam.  BTW, our offense is much more than just Asa.  If you double him, Vidrine or Brady will burn you.  The only reason Nederland is not putting up 50 or so points a game is due to the ball control tactics everyone is using.  I think Nederland only had around 30 plays on offense last night and put up 35 points.  That's only about a half of the plays you normally get in a game.  

Lumberton, but not by much.  Nederland defense is weeeeeak.  Their offense can be stopped...Grogan is a hoss, but is weak in spirit.   All you have to do is hit him hard a couple of times and he will be down.  Stop Cardenas and you will have it made.  He is pretty much their main receiver. Other than that...they're not that impressive.  Stay ahead the whole game and you will really have it made.  The defense gets down easily!!!  Really don't see them making it too far into the playoffs!!!

Wow, that's pretty much a sour grapes post if I ever heard one, not to mention riduculously inaccurate!  How do you figure Grogan is weak in spirit?  The kid bounces off of more intial contacts than anyone in the district, runs for a game clinching 80+ yard TD and then for good measure, comes in for his only defensive play of the year and gets a close out sack on vidor's QB...yep, pretty weak spirited, I suppose.  Nederland has other receivers that can beat you, but vidor insisted on playing Asa one on one all night and you just cannot do that...classic example of Nederland taking what was given them by the vidor D.  The defense apparently did not "get down" late in the game when they had 2 critical stops to seal the victory.

Fortunately, I have more respect for vidor's fans than to allow your ignorant post be a reflection of the entire community, but you could not be more wrong...rather than bash on a team that beat you, why don't you praise the effort of your own young men, who, as usual, played hard until the final whistle

Lumberton, but not by much.  Nederland defense is weeeeeak.  Their offense can be stopped...Grogan is a hoss, but is weak in spirit.  All you have to do is hit him hard a couple of times and he will be down.  Stop Cardenas and you will have it made.  He is pretty much their main receiver. Other than that...they're not that impressive.  Stay ahead the whole game and you will really have it made.  The defense gets down easily!!!  Really don't see them making it too far into the playoffs!!!

1.gif

You obviously have never seen him up close and live.  This kid is as strong as they get, both physically and "in spirit".  Look at him after a play.  He is totally focused, serious and ready for the next play.  I've seen him drag 2-3-4 defenders after he was wrapped up and still drive for 5-10-15 yards on sheer strenght and determination.  He is quiet, almost shy when you speak with him...he is totally FOCUSED on the job at hand...pounding the ball, over, through, around and into the opposing defense.  As far as Cardenas...IF  and I emphasize IF, you can stop him,  Brady, Vidrine and Salenga will be more than happy to put yards and points on the defense.  I agree that defensively, we need to get stronger, but as long as the offensive machine is clicking, we should be OK.

Excuse me here but isn't this game going to be a glorified scrimmage?  Doesn't mean anything to both teams.  Lumberton will use this game for playoff prep and try difference schemes and players in different positions / situations, assume Nederland would do the same.  Lumberton should control time of possesion and limit the Nederland high powered offense ??? time on the field.  I am also hearing a certain LB for Lumberton might show up and greet Mr Bellows and Mr Grogan in the backfield all night long.

Will be a close game..

Lumberton 21

Nederland 17

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

the dogs will knock the train off the tracks next friday at bulldog stadium.........too,too,too much offense for lumberton..just like vidor,they have not had to cover a passing team all year.the bulldogs are the only team that throws the ball in district.....you wont stop these weapons.....

dogs 42

raiders 21

too, too, too much DEFENSE for nederland..just like whoever, they have not been able to stop a running team all year. I'm not sure who will pull this one out but the way U combat the ned passing game will be to run the ball down the dogs throats and control the clock to keep the game close, therefore giving them less opportunities to score.

Radierfan,  If this is just going to be a Glorified Scrimmage then why does Lumberton need to play Beard??  Let him rest and be ready for the playoffs.  After the beating Nederland took from Lumberton last year, I bet Nederland does not approach this as a Scrimmage!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder