Lumberton vs. Nederland Predictions?

Anyone going?? We bring the ENTIRE city when we travel!

Just a question, for a Nederland home game, do they show the visitors replays?

No. We don't even let the visitors cheer.

Back to reality. Nederland shows visitor replays.

nederland's crew on the PA and on the replay screen knows how to be unbiased. Some L-Town folks could take a few notes.

Enough about the announcers!!!!  You know your going to an away game,  I would not expect anything different when we go play on the road. 

not in high school.

but since you told me it was enough...  ::)

My appologies... my intentions were not to tell you what to say or do.  It was simply a generalization that people complain about the announcers too much.  I expect when we go play at someone elses stadium, for their announcers to be biased towards their team. 

Don't apologize... just messing with ya. i know you weren't telling me what to do, etc. However there are guidelines outlined by the UIL including but not limited to the announcer producing a friendly atmosphere. I feel this includes being unbiased at certain junctures.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta be kidding me.... you are worried about the announcer at the game. Did he hurt your feelings, last year. I didn't know there was a set of rules for it. With that in mind L-TOWN takes this one....

I actually was kidding... just stirring the pot a little.

BTW... here's that set of rules(suggested rules I suppose) you were looking for:

This is the hidden content, please

Lumbertons announcer is a local pastor in Lumberton, I believe his intentions are good, but he does have a competitive streak. I believe his comments, jokes, etc are to inspire the Lumb crowd. If you cant laugh at last years comment in the Ned game "The raiders have the dogs pinned back to parkdale mall" u can get the heck outta here, that was and still is funny

Lumbertons announcer is a local pastor in Lumberton, I believe his intentions are good, but he does have a competitive streak. I believe his comments, jokes, etc are to inspire the Lumb crowd. If you cant laugh at last years comment in the Ned game "The raiders have the dogs pinned back to parkdale mall" u can get the heck outta here, that was and still is funny

I agree.

funny comment..... still wouldn't have said it myself. :-\

I agree.

Do ya'll know where Central Mall is??  If you don't...you will !!!  ;D

I can see the saturday headlines now..."Dogs defeat Raiders...Lumberton blames Nederlands PA announcer for loss".

Coach C..."Yeah, we really had momentum going are way and was moving the ball really well, but when the announcer made a colorful joke about our team, we just lost it.  Couldnt recover from that.  Thats why he is the best in the business... best I have ever seen, or heard, I mean.  I looked up at my Wife and the look on her face told the whole story after that comment. We were finished"!

I agree.

Do ya'll know where Central Mall is??   If you don't...you will !!!   ;D

Yeah, isnt that where you all bought your skirts for the defense!!!

Sorry, had to do it.  Much respect to the Ned team.

If LCM had freshman and sophmores that picked lumbertons secondary apart for 213 yards what do you think Asa alone will do to them? LCM picked them apart on the first drive so it was against the starters...

Ummmmm ... wasn't Asa on the team Lumberton played and spanked last year?  Did he not play last year?  If our boys handled him last year, why wouldn't they be able to handle him this year?

I agree.

Do ya'll know where Central Mall is??   If you don't...you will !!!   ;D

Yeah, isnt that where you all bought your skirts for the defense!!!  OUCH!!!!

Sorry, had to do it.  Much respect to the Ned team.

That's OK....just some friendly trash talking...LMAO...and don't forget to bring your best Friday, cause you're going to need it!!! ;).  It's going to be  one helluva battle.

If LCM had freshman and sophmores that picked lumbertons secondary apart for 213 yards what do you think Asa alone will do to them? LCM picked them apart on the first drive so it was against the starters...

Ummmmm ... wasn't Asa on the team Lumberton played and spanked last year?  Did he not play last year?  If our boys handled him last year, why wouldn't they be able to handle him this year?

We had ZERO running game last year. PERIOD. We threw the ball 85% of the time late in the season last year. Not saying y'all can't limit Asa at all, but he is not the entire offense as he was last season. Grogan is the offensive MVP and Brady, Vidrine, and Salenga are excellent options other than Cardenas. The offense is WAAAAAY BETTER than last season's which was a very one dimensional offense. With that being said, our defense is still quite porous and requires us to score a lot of points to win.

Beard will play Friday night, he didnt buy a $1000 knee brace for no reason. Hanna will be at D-end as usual, and Mark Murril is head hunting. You guys wanna talk about how bad Ned wants Lumberton, etc...Well ur wrong if you think the Raiders dont want the dogs just as bad. Nederland is a little too confident of their west coast offense, its faulty and easy to blow up. Why do you think Lumberton had like 5 straight losing seasons under Fuller's west coast system. Its hard to pull off in HS.

who are you going to head hunt? 

We had ZERO running game last year. PERIOD. We threw the ball 85% of the time late in the season last year. Not saying y'all can't limit Asa at all, but he is not the entire offense as he was last season. Grogan is the offensive MVP and Brady, Vidrine, and Salenga are excellent options other than Cardenas. The offense is WAAAAAY BETTER than last season's which was a very one dimensional offense. With that being said, our defense is still quite porous and requires us to score a lot of points to win.

Agree,  to compare last years Ned offense to this years is way off base.  Central exposed the game plan to beat Nederland... offensive ball control!  Lumberton will have our hands full with this offense.  We cannot afford to get into a shoot-out with them like Livingston did.  We will need to run the ball and PA pass and connect and keep them off the field.  We can be successful in containing the offense this way and disguising our looks.  I believe Coach C will have a game plan and I expect this to be a great game.

You gotta be kidding me.... you are worried about the announcer at the game. Did he hurt your feelings, last year. I didn't know there was a set of rules for it. With that in mind L-TOWN takes this one....

BTW... here's that set of rules(suggested rules I suppose) you were looking for:

My apologies, I had no idea that there were even rules and that it was so scripted. Saying all of that,  I have never heard much of that or at all at any stadium, but I do agree some are more aggressive than others with their play calling.

PS I was just stirring it a bit myself.

Agree,  to compare last years Ned offense to this years is way off base.  Central exposed the game plan to beat Nederland... offensive ball control!  Lumberton will have our hands full with this offense.  We cannot afford to get into a shoot-out with them like Livingston did.  We will need to run the ball and PA pass and connect and keep them off the field.  We can be successful in containing the offense this way and disguising our looks.  I believe Coach C will have a game plan and I expect this to be a great game.

That's all well and good, however, the OP referred to "Asa alone", not to the entire offense.  I believe that this will be a tough fought game, and if the Lumberton defense plays as it normally does, Nederland's offense is going to have to work very hard to overcome it.  I honestly think it's anyone's game.  I'm a Raider fan through and through, but even I will not post a brash statement about winning any game in this district, hands down.  I didn't even do that for LCM and the poor ol' Bears haven't won a game all season.  It's one thing to support your team, it's another to be ridiculous about it.  

Taking nothing away from Central, they did have a great game plan and worked ball control that night to perfection. We did not execute very well that night either when we did have the ball. That is a credit to their defense though as they manned up on the WR's and shut the passing game down. Grogan did run pretty freely that game though, but we went away from that when we got down 2 scores.

With that being said, Vidor controlled the ball by nearly a 2 to 1 time of possession and ran twice as many offensive plays than we did and lost by double digits. So, ball control is important, but execution(scoring) on offense and defense(making some stops) is more important than just running the clock.

Should be a great game of two teams that could not be more different.

P.S.  I love the Lumberton announcer and think he is great for the game. I wish we had one just like him!

My apologies, I had no idea that there were even rules and that it was so scripted. Saying all of that,  I have never heard much of that or at all at any stadium, but I do agree some are more aggressive than others with their play calling.

PS I was just stirring it a bit myself.

Our announcer calls " ... and that's another Raider ... FIRST DOWN!!" encouraging the fans to join in yes, but he also calls "...and that's another *TEAM's* ... FIRST DOWN!!" when appropriate as well.  Been there, heard him do it.  He can't help that the home team's fans are overshadowing the PA system on the visitor's side ...  ;D

That's all well and good, however, the OP referred to "Asa alone", not to the entire offense.  I believe that this will be a tough fought game, and if the Lumberton defense plays as it normally does, Nederland's offense is going to have to work very hard to overcome it.  I honestly think it's anyone's game.  I'm a Raider fan through and through, but even I will not post a brash statement about winning any game in this district, hands down.  I didn't even do that for LCM and the poor ol' Bears haven't won a game all season.  It's one thing to support your team, it's another to be ridiculous about it.  

Very well put.  Being a Lumberton fan also, I do not take anything for granted and I am just enjoying the success we have had recently!!  We will need to stop Grogan first and foremost.  We cannot allow him to run all over us like he has just about everybody else.  Hopefully, Kirby will have another off night as his play has been very inconsistant.  I dont think anybody from Ned will disagree with that.  

Taking nothing away from Central, they did have a great game plan and worked ball control that night to perfection. We did not execute very well that night either when we did have the ball. That is a credit to their defense though as they manned up on the WR's and shut the passing game down. Grogan did run pretty freely that game though, but we went away from that when we got down 2 scores.

With that being said, Vidor controlled the ball by nearly a 2 to 1 time of possession and ran twice as many offensive plays than we did and lost by double digits. So, ball control is important, but execution(scoring) on offense and defense(making some stops) is more important than just running the clock.

Should be a great game of two teams that could not be more different.

P.S.  I love the Lumberton announcer and think he is great for the game. I wish we had one just like him!

Agree, but the double digits is a little misleading as it was only 4 points, when Vidor turned it over near the endzone and Grogan Bust an 80-something yard touchdown shortly after.  Dont get me wrong, I was pulling for Ned all the way, but that game could have gone either way at the end.  Ned was on the right side of some luck for a change. (you know what I mean)

any way ltrain by a td

any lumberton fans goin 2 the game?

i might just run over there and watch that 1

Anyone going?? We bring the ENTIRE city when we travel!

Just a question, for a Nederland home game, do they show the visitors replays?

YES THEY DO!!!

Even when the other team scores NINE TOUCHDOWNS!!!

ps...

While Nederland is enjoying their big 4th quarter lead, they might just show some of those Bronco TD's from last year to let you know what is going to happen to Lumberton in the first round of the playoffs!!!

GO BULLDOGS GO!!!

I'LL TAKE BLACK AND GOLD ANY DAY OVER THE OILERS COLORS!!!

Black and Gold will make the lugey blue and faded red want to reconsider playing in the playoffs!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder