Lumberton vs. Nederland Predictions?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brubaker

Lumberton, but not by much.  Nederland defense is weeeeeak.  Their offense can be stopped...Grogan is a hoss, but is weak in spirit.   All you have to do is hit him hard a couple of times and he will be down.  Stop Cardenas and you will have it made.  He is pretty much their main receiver. Other than that...they're not that impressive.  Stay ahead the whole game and you will really have it made.  The defense gets down easily!!!  Really don't see them making it too far into the playoffs!!!

Good post.....! ;D

NDNWarrior, guess you're a little bummed that your desparate predictions to keep Nederland out of the playoffs were out in left field?  You've been begging for two weeks for Nederland to sit home, tough luck.

It is going to be a good game. Lumberton definitely need to contain the pass. This was the same situation as last year and people said Lumberton would not be able to contain the pass, well we all know the outcome of that. All in all this is going to be a good game. I expect the secondary to be prepared and have a good game. I predict a close game going either way.

This game is too close to call and could go either way. Both teams have impressive offenses. I think it will be decided by a touchdown. Obviously i'm pulling for my Bulldogs though.

Also from what I have heard from everyone Lumberton's defense is as shaky against the pass as Ned's defense against the run. Could be a shootout

It is going to be a good game. Lumberton definitely need to contain the pass. This was the same situation as last year and people said Lumberton would not be able to contain the pass, well we all know the outcome of that. All in all this is going to be a good game. I expect the secondary to be prepared and have a good game. I predict a close game going either way.

You are right about last year, but that was all Nederland had last year.  Everyone knew then all you had to do was contain their passing game, but this year they have a beast at running back which complicates things for the defense.  They do both things well, run and pass, so to expect the same offense as last year would be a mistake.  What Lumberton is going to have to do is disguise their defense and confuse the offensive play-calling.  Bring 8 or 9 in the box, then all drop down in pass coverage, etc.  

Guest Brubaker

True Bigblue, looking at Nederland last year versus this year and making any type of a comparison is practically impossible, so Raider88's comment is grossly misplaced.

It WILL be a chess match!! I am sure it will be a great one before the playoffs. The main thing for the Raiders is to stop the Pass 1st. FYI I am aware of Grogan too!! Just not as worried about that right now.

Dude, not worried about Grogan, okay now I can't take anything you say seriously.

;D If you would have had a chance to watch the Raiders this year you would understand. It is your choice to take what I say and either chew on it or just spit it out.  ;D I am just stating my personal feelings towards the game. I am sure the coaches will have the guys ready to play, they have done a pretty good job so far. (5-1 record)

Man what a fickle bunch......

2008 Pre-season - People were saying...

- PNG was crowned district champs

- L-train was a one-hit wonder in 2007 - Underdog status

Start of district games - People were saying...

- Nederland was crowned district champs and most predicted them unbeaten in district play with their high powered offense ???

- L-train played soft non-district schedule, won't contend - Underdog status

Nederland two game district losing streak - People were saying...

- Nederland won't make playoffs again

- Lumberton not the team of last year but somehow keeps beating teams they are not suppose to - Underdog status

Nederland escapes Vidor with a win - People are saying...

- There baaaccckkk, Crowned greatest offensive team of all time and will roll Lumberton in week 10

- One reg season game remaining and everyone is looking UP at Lumberton in district play, guess what, we still have our Underdog status heading to play Nederland

I just don't get where people formulate these crazy opinions - Look at the numbers

If you take the two common playoff team opponents for each here is what get.

Nederland 10 Central 20 = -10

Nederland 50 Livingston 55 = -5

Avg 30 ppg and give up 38 = -8

Lumberton 34 Central 20 = +14

Lumberton 37 Livingston 16 = +21

Avg 35 ppg and give up 18 = +17

I can only assume the predictions / opinions are based on emotion and not actual stats.  (You can also throw the Vidor stats in there but you still get the same similar results)

Bottom line... Lumberton' Defense will step up but a great defense is also a ball control offense!

- Nederland was crowned district champs and most predicted them unbeaten in district play with their high powered offense ???

- Lumberton not the team of last year but somehow keeps beating teams they are not suppose to - Underdog status

- There baaaccckkk, Crowned greatest offensive team of all time and will roll Lumberton in week 10

- One reg season game remaining and everyone is looking UP at Lumberton in district play, guess what, we still have our Underdog status heading to play Nederland

I just don't get where people formulate these crazy opinions - Look at the numbers

I can only assume the predictions / opinions are based on emotion and not actual stats.  (You can also throw the Vidor stats in there but you still get the same similar results)

Bottom line... Lumberton' Defense will step up but a great defense is also a ball control offense!

You are exactly right. In all fairness I can see no logical reason to pick Nederland to win this game. Can they win it? I think so, but I think Lumberton has duely earned the right and reason to be favored to win. They have played consistantly well for all of district. They have a solid team that has pretty well steam rolled everyone they have played including Livingston which is a good team. I will make a prediction and PRAY that I am wrong since I am obviosuly a Dog fan.

I say 35-42 points for Lumberton because the Dogs have not been able to slow down a decent offense yet. Lumbertons offense should be the smartest and most creative we have seen so far.

28 max for the Dogs because Lumberton has a salty defense that plays smart agressive football, they will be in Bellows face all night and know how to at least slow Grogan down. When Bellows starts having to deal with pressure the coaches will panic, abandon the short creative and safe throws and the run,, and start trying to get it all in one which is what always happens, that will be the end of it.

If the Dogs playcallers can find a way to start the game with Grogan sucessfully moving the football and then stick with it, passing short and quick to keep Lumbertons defense honest then we have a chance. I we try to take 25-99 yard chunks in the air burying themselves in 3rd and long situations and only run to open up the passing game, I think we will lose handily.

I dont really care if I am wrong, and honestly I hope I am. Its just my opinion.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Raider88,  If you would have had a chance to watch Grogan this year, you would be really worried about him!!!!  Prediction:  he goes for 200 yds. this Friday against Thomas The Train.

If ALL of our Defensive players are playing Fri. nite, he won't go for 200 yards, this I know. Apparently, U haven't seen our EXPLOSIVE run defense play this year.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

You are exactly right. In all fairness I can see no logical reason to pick Nederland to win this game. Can they win it? I think so, but I think Lumberton has duely earned the right and reason to be favored to win. They have played consistantly well for all of district. They have a solid team that has pretty well steam rolled everyone they have played including Livingston which is a good team. I will make a prediction and PRAY that I am wrong since I am obviosuly a Dog fan.

I say 35-42 points for Lumberton because the Dogs have not been able to slow down a decent offense yet. Lumbertons offense should be the smartest and most creative we have seen so far.

28 max for the Dogs because Lumberton has a salty defense that plays smart agressive football, they will be in Bellows face all night and know how to at least slow Grogan down. When Bellows starts having to deal with pressure the coaches will panic, abandon the short creative and safe throws and the run,, and start trying to get it all in one which is what always happens, that will be the end of it.

If the Dogs playcallers can find a way to start the game with Grogan sucessfully moving the football and then stick with it, passing short and quick to keep Lumbertons defense honest then we have a chance. I we try to take 25-99 yard chunks in the air burying themselves in 3rd and long situations and only run to open up the passing game, I think we will lose handily.

I dont really care if I am wrong, and honestly I hope I am. Its just my opinion.

Both excellent posts by raiderfan87 & michael

Excuse me here but isn't this game going to be a glorified scrimmage?  Doesn't mean anything to both teams.  Lumberton will use this game for playoff prep and try difference schemes and players in different positions / situations, assume Nederland would do the same.  Lumberton should control time of possesion and limit the Nederland high powered offense ??? time on the field.  I am also hearing a certain LB for Lumberton might show up and greet Mr Bellows and Mr Grogan in the backfield all night long.

Will be a close game..

Lumberton 21

Nederland 17

you forgot to capitalize it, SCRIMMAGE.

I have a question, say L-Town beats Big Ned (like I expect) and Vidor beats Livingston (like i hope), wouldn't it be numerically possible, depending on how many points Vidor were to win by, for the boys on the Black Pearl to actually make it into the playoffs, and if so, how many points would they need to win by?

Vidor has been eliminated. Even if Vidor beats Livingston and Lumberton beats Ned, Nederland would still have the tie breaker with Vidor with the head to head win. Livingston would not be tied because their record would be 5-2, not 4-3 like Vidor and Ned's would be. Also, even if Central were to lose to PNG and finish 4-3, Vidor still loses the three way tie because they have lost to both Nederland and Central.

i'm giving to it nederland by a good amount. Lumberton is a good team offensively and defensively. but they have no passing game, and they're defense had trouble with LCM's passing game. and the way nederland throws the ball, they'll easily break it open and score quickly. PLUS they have rogan, so Lumberton has to deal with the pass AND run.

oh and is it true that bellows got thrown out the game? and will he be playing?

All nederland has to do is not turn the ball over and they'll take it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder