Lumberton vs. Nederland Predictions?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm calling the graffiti police!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While you're at it, call the spelling police and the color police.  Our colors are Columbian Blue, Red and Silver, not Loogie (not lugey, sheesh) Blue and Faded (have you not seen the shiny, bright red uniforms?) Red.

I don't think there's a proper spelling for loogie... lugey... whatever

Hate to do it but I have a gut feeling that the Bulldogs will prevail tonight. I picked Lumberton early in the week and said I would make a final decision before the game today. After reading all the gossip and looking at the numbers, I think this is Nederland's game to lose. I, personally (based on my information), don't think Beard should play tonight. If he does play, I pray he doesn't get hurt but I fear he will. I know Hanna can fill his shoes as good as anyone in 20-4A at both RB and LB but I don't know that he can carry this team against Nederland if Beard has to go out. I realize the Bulldogs had a couple of bad blows too but I think a less than 100% Beard is a bigger loss to Lumberton than a Cardenas/Forney absence tonight. Anyway, don't want to do it and I hope I'm wrong but, with the game at Nederland and all of the other obstacles, I have to give the nod to Nederland:

Bulldogs 27

Raiders 23

That Hurts!!! Go Raiders!!!

This shootout in the triangle at the bulldogs home field should be a great back-n-forth pigskin classic.Gotta believe the DOGS  pull this one out.The defense rises to the rescue and Nederland wins 28-27 in a thriller.Then the train gets to prove losing 30 seniors you can beat Dayton in round 1.A much improved Bronco team from a year ago.Look for the Broncos after tonights rout to have amassed over 4,000 yds.You say how can that happen?They will need 607 yds tonight to add to 3,393 already in the books.

Thank God I was wrong. Hanna did carry the Raiders, not to take away from everyone else. This mispick may hurt my Ryker pics but it's worth it (ha)...Lumberton is 20-4A District Champs (OUTRIGHT)!!!!

And i will take my crow from a bottle and cheers to all you "L"TRAINERS"you keep chuggin and I will to ha ha Just kiddin CONGRADULATIONS DISTRICT CHAMPS LUMBERTON RAIDERS.If my team the Broncos were to lose before you do look for a little purple in your fans as you came out last year to support Dayton in your blue & red.

Man what a fickle bunch......

2008 Pre-season - People were saying...

- PNG was crowned district champs

- L-train was a one-hit wonder in 2007 - Underdog status

Start of district games - People were saying...

- Nederland was crowned district champs and most predicted them unbeaten in district play with their high powered offense ???

- L-train played soft non-district schedule, won't contend - Underdog status

Nederland two game district losing streak - People were saying...

- Nederland won't make playoffs again

- Lumberton not the team of last year but somehow keeps beating teams they are not suppose to - Underdog status

Nederland escapes Vidor with a win - People are saying...

- There baaaccckkk, Crowned greatest offensive team of all time and will roll Lumberton in week 10

- One reg season game remaining and everyone is looking UP at Lumberton in district play, guess what, we still have our Underdog status heading to play Nederland

I just don't get where people formulate these crazy opinions - Look at the numbers

If you take the two common playoff team opponents for each here is what get.

Nederland 10 Central 20 = -10

Nederland 50 Livingston 55 = -5

Avg 30 ppg and give up 38 = -8

Lumberton 34 Central 20 = +14

Lumberton 37 Livingston 16 = +21

Avg 35 ppg and give up 18 = +17

I can only assume the predictions / opinions are based on emotion and not actual stats.  (You can also throw the Vidor stats in there but you still get the same similar results)

Bottom line... Lumberton' Defense will step up but a great defense is also a ball control offense!

You are exactly right. In all fairness I can see no logical reason to pick Nederland to win this game. Can they win it? I think so, but I think Lumberton has duely earned the right and reason to be favored to win. They have played consistantly well for all of district. They have a solid team that has pretty well steam rolled everyone they have played including Livingston which is a good team. I will make a prediction and PRAY that I am wrong since I am obviosuly a Dog fan.

I say 35-42 points for Lumberton because the Dogs have not been able to slow down a decent offense yet. Lumbertons offense should be the smartest and most creative we have seen so far.

28 max for the Dogs because Lumberton has a salty defense that plays smart agressive football, they will be in Bellows face all night and know how to at least slow Grogan down. When Bellows starts having to deal with pressure the coaches will panic, abandon the short creative and safe throws and the run,, and start trying to get it all in one which is what always happens, that will be the end of it.

If the Dogs playcallers can find a way to start the game with Grogan sucessfully moving the football and then stick with it, passing short and quick to keep Lumbertons defense honest then we have a chance. I we try to take 25-99 yard chunks in the air burying themselves in 3rd and long situations and only run to open up the passing game, I think we will lose handily.

I dont really care if I am wrong, and honestly I hope I am. Its just my opinion.

Michael, you nailed this one with your comments above - Can you look in your crystal ball and tell me what Lumberton will do against Crosby?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder