Lumberton vs. Nederland Predictions?

any way ltrain by a td

any lumberton fans goin 2 the game?

i might just run over there and watch that 1

Anyone going?? We bring the ENTIRE city when we travel!

Just a question, for a Nederland home game, do they show the visitors replays?

YES THEY DO!!!

Even when the other team scores NINE TOUCHDOWNS!!!

ps...

While Nederland is enjoying their big 4th quarter lead, they might just show some of those Bronco TD's from last year to let you know what is going to happen to Lumberton in the first round of the playoffs!!!

GO BULLDOGS GO!!!

I'LL TAKE BLACK AND GOLD ANY DAY OVER THE OILERS COLORS!!!

Black and Gold will make the lugey blue and faded red want to reconsider playing in the playoffs!

Very Classy!!  I dont think I have ever seen someone put down a team and then support them in the same post.  What a first!!  Congrats on that! 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any way ltrain by a td

YES THEY DO!!!

ps...

While Nederland is enjoying their big 4th quarter lead, they might just show some of those Bronco TD's from last year to let you know what is going to happen to Lumberton in the first round of the playoffs!!!

GO BULLDOGS GO!!!

Black and Gold will make the lugey blue and faded red want to reconsider playing in the playoffs!

Let it go man. That was a long time ago. Take your medication and relax.

any way ltrain by a td

YES THEY DO!!!

ps...

GO BULLDOGS GO!!!

they seriously need some help. Grown men letting a loss get to them like that. Sad.

It will be tough for Lumberton to go into Nederland and come away with the "W".  Even though, I think these two teams are well balanced and play their hearts out, I have to give the edge to Nederland.  I would venture to say this game will rival MCM in its intensity and fans.  Good luck to BOTH teams, praying for no injuries as you prepare for the playoffs!

Nederland 21

Lumberton 17

any way ltrain by a td

YES THEY DO!!!

ps...

GO BULLDOGS GO!!!

they seriously need some help. Grown men letting a loss get to them like that. Sad.

Are we talking about the 7-8 loss or we talking about the 55-7, 57-0, or 30-13 wins by Dayton in coach Stewarts era.

We could be talking about yalls 2 years in a row playoffs or we could be talking about Daytons 13 years in a row and 9 district championships.  I can see where it is hard when you are worried about 2 of the most successful programs in southeast texas over the last 13 years (Dayton and Nederland) 

any way ltrain by a td

YES THEY DO!!!

ps...

GO BULLDOGS GO!!!

Just trying to stir the pot...

GO BULLDOGS GO!!!

No. We don't even let the visitors cheer.

Back to reality. Nederland shows visitor replays.

nederland's crew on the PA and on the replay screen knows how to be unbiased. Some L-Town folks could take a few notes.

Enough about the announcers!!!!  You know your going to an away game,  I would not expect anything different when we go play on the road. 

not in high school.

but since you told me it was enough...  ::)

My appologies... my intentions were not to tell you what to say or do.  It was simply a generalization that people complain about the announcers too much.  I expect when we go play at someone elses stadium, for their announcers to be biased towards their team. 

Don't apologize... just messing with ya. i know you weren't telling me what to do, etc. However there are guidelines outlined by the UIL including but not limited to the announcer producing a friendly atmosphere. I feel this includes being unbiased at certain junctures.

You know, I was one of the first to defend our announcer as unbiased last week, so I paid attention to what he was saying this past friday and I have to apologize. While I was walking up to the game they were just finishing announcing the names of the senior players and their parents, when he finished his words were something like okay now boys, let's get out there and beat the bears.........not unbiased at all.  :P

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

All I gotta say is our D-Line needs to get to the QB on a reg. basis because he doesn't like to get hit at all and is not very good under pressure. We need to be physical the entire game and knock some heads off over the middle and that will make them think twice about doing it again. Control the clock with the running game, be more physical just like last year, & get consistent pressure on QB = WIN. It's going to be a battle...#1 Offense vs #1 Defense.

any way ltrain by a td

YES THEY DO!!!

ps...

GO BULLDOGS GO!!!

Blue and red is alot better than purple stop hatin on lumberton just because they are better

Agree,  to compare last years Ned offense to this years is way off base.  Central exposed the game plan to beat Nederland... offensive ball control!  Lumberton will have our hands full with this offense.  We cannot afford to get into a shoot-out with them like Livingston did.  ...............

You made a very good observation about Nederland's offense. Lumberton might be able to shut down Nederland's offense but it will take a great effort. Vidor came into last week's game with the #2 defense in district (I think). They also planned to keep the ball away from Nederland (which they did in great fashion) while their defense tried to clamp down on the Bulldogs offense. Vidor held the edge in time of possession with 32 minutes to Nederland's 16 minutes due to great ball control by Vidor. In those mere 16 minutes Nederland put 420 yards and 35 points on the board against a good defense. Obviously a shoot-out is not the best option although Livingston pulled it off.

Guest Brubaker

Hey "U", Bellows is a pretty cool hand under pressure, you're evaluation is way off base, you'll see Friday, if you get any pressure on him.  Either way he's gonna pick you apart, count on it.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Hey "U", Bellows is a pretty cool hand under pressure, you're evaluation is way off base, you'll see Friday, if you get any pressure on him.  Either way he's gonna pick you apart, count on it.

I'm going by what he looked like when we played Ned. last year. He doesn't like to get hit and if U rattle him and put constant pressure on him U got it made. Unless he's changed since then, I'm standing by my evaluation. Nothing against the kid at all. He better get rid of the ball quickly because I'd be very surprised if the D-Line isn't able to get pressure. They have all year.

I'm going by what he looked like when we played Ned. last year. He doesn't like to get hit and if U rattle him and put constant pressure on him U got it made. Unless he's changed since then, I'm standing by my evaluation. Nothing against the kid at all. He better get rid of the ball quickly because I'd be very surprised if the D-Line isn't able to get pressure. They have all year.

Not making a prediction on this game, but he is a much different QB this season for a couple of reasons. It is easy to rush a QB when you know he is going to drop back and throw everytime like last season. It is also easy to get past a non-physical line that did not run block or pass block all that well at the end of the year last season. And, when your safety valve blocker is 5'7 165 and is the last guy protecting the QB then it is not that hard to get to him. Fast forward a year and you will see Kirby has really matured(only a soph last season). He has a pretty good line in front of him that can run and pass block. The last guy protecting him is a running back that goes about 5'11 235. He also has several options this season, hand it to Grogan, screen pass to Grogan, or hit any of the 4 WR's. It's a much different offense than last season. Unfortunately, our defense is still pretty bad!

Not making a prediction on this game, but he is a much different QB this season for a couple of reasons. It is easy to rush a QB when you know he is going to drop back and throw everytime like last season. It is also easy to get past a non-physical line that did not run block or pass block all that well at the end of the year last season. And, when your safety valve blocker is 5'7 165 and is the last guy protecting the QB then it is not that hard to get to him. Fast forward a year and you will see Kirby has really matured(only a soph last season). He has a pretty good line in front of him that can run and pass block. The last guy protecting him is a running back that goes about 5'11 235. He also has several options this season, hand it to Grogan, screen pass to Grogan, or hit any of the 4 WR's. It's a much different offense than last season. Unfortunately, our defense is still pretty bad!

Maybe my expectations for Kirby were a bit much this season.  While I think he is a very good QB, I find his play to be very inconsistant.  Some drives he comes out and is right on the money, other drives he throws the ball onto the track.  If I had to pick my poison (which you have to do against Ned offense), I would take my chances with Kirby over Grogan.  I beleive Kirby is capable as well, but I dont want any part of Grogan.

Guest Brubaker

You Lumberton fans are dilusional, U, you if you're basing it off of last year, hell if you're basing anything about Nederland's offense off of last year, you're not enough close enough to be in right field.  And if you are talking about Bellows throwing a few incomplete passes, then yes, he must not be meeting expectations.  The kids TD/Int ratio is great, he makes plays out of the pocket, throws on the run.  I'm missing something here.

You Lumberton fans are dilusional, U, you if you're basing it off of last year, heck if you're basing anything about Nederland's offense off of last year, you're not enough close enough to be in right field.  And if you are talking about Bellows throwing a few incomplete passes, then yes, he must not be meeting expectations.  The kids TD/Int ratio is great, he makes plays out of the pocket, throws on the run.  I'm missing something here.

Yeah, that is exacly what I was talking about. C'mon man,  just a bit of an exagerration, dont you think?  I know nobody is perfect and I have already mentioned that I believe he is a good QB, but he has missed on some throws that I beleive he was more than capable of making.  I have seen several times where Asa was matched up one-on-one and Kirby makes the right read, but throws the ball 5-10 yards out of bounds.  I am just saying I would make Kirby throw on me before I let Grogan run for 200 yards and 3 TD's( maybe nothing we can do about it), but you know what I mean.  Nederland has a very talented offense, I do not know what is dilusional about that.

Wait a minute; Big Ned has this #1 offense that has lost 2 games at the end of District!  Something is wrong here!

All I got to say;  I think the real Bulldogs play for the L-TRAIN.  There's no quit in the player's!  The L-TRAIN is nothing fancy ..... just seems to just  GIT ER DONE!

I still see them DAYTON fans are still a little upset about last year .....lol!  Hadn't heard much from ya'll this year!  Thought you had moved to TENN.! LOL!

It's hard to win at NED. as we all know ........ but it will be demoralizing to NED if the L-TRAIN does.

And to ALL who said the L-TRAIN, was some one hit WONDERS ....... KISS MY GRITS!

THE L-TRAIN  ROLLS AGAIN!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder