*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

The people that are in charge REALLY drop the ball on this one. They got caught in the fact nothing happened with Gustav, so they waited until the last minute to get people out. I'm beginning to think the mayor in New Orleans is smarter than ours. Hope everyone gets out. Good luck to all and be safe.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's like I said last night...and I'm not here to start an argument....Jefferson County wanted to call for the mandatory yesterday, but the City of Beaumont was not ready.  :-\

We left because we felt unsafe with the storm, and we didn't have to wait for somebody to hold our hands and tell us to.

Common sense, I guess.  ;D

Good luck, everyone, and be safe!  :-*

I can't believe Hardin County is still under a VOLUNTARY evacuation.  Rita kicked our a** with a mandatory evac, & it looks like same song, second verse with Ike.  If our powers that be screw us out of federal funds, I will have the reds!!!

I believe the Fema funds are based on a county being declared a disaster area, not if it was a mandatory evac area. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this.

Well, fortunately I am sitting pretty over here in the west end of town. We are 36 feet above sea level in Beaumont, and should not expect the storm surge. That's not to say that we wont have flooding from rainfall. I hope everyone has prepared for this one. It looks like it may be a while before things get back to normal. Those of you that have my number, I have a two story house with a couple of extra rooms if you need a place to shelter. Good luck! BTW, got extra gas for the generator this afternoon! ;)

If that is the case, I stand corrected.

I can't believe Hardin County is still under a VOLUNTARY evacuation.  Rita kicked our a** with a mandatory evac, & it looks like same song, second verse with Ike.  If our powers that be screw us out of federal funds, I will have the reds!!!

I believe the Fema funds are based on a county being declared a disaster area, not if it was a mandatory evac area. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this.

Guest abovetherim

My dad has to stay behind since he's the only electrician for the Vidor ISD maintenance department, so me my mom and my brother are leaving for Dallas at 6 tomorrow morning, right before everything starts happening... Everyone stay safe!

May the Lord be with you and your family and all our SE Texas neighbors who are evacuating or staying behind.

My dad has to stay behind since he's the only electrician for the Vidor ISD maintenance department, so me my mom and my brother are leaving for Dallas at 6 tomorrow morning, right before everything starts happening... Everyone stay safe!

May the Lord be with you and your family and all our SE Texas neighbors who are evacuating or staying behind.

Thanks ATR3.  I might be staying behind.  God bless everyone that is on that road also!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder