*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God Bless all of you!  Be careful!  Plenty of hotel rooms around me in Tennessee!  I am sure it is safe where Scooter is too!

Seriously we may not all see eye to eye on Friday nights but we are all Texans and there is nothing like that bond!!  Stay safe!!

8)

does anyone else get the feeling this one might be worse for us than rita was?  if nothing else, the large amount of people who aren't leaving is frightening.

With the predicted storm surge, it could be devastating for Bridge City. Let's pray that it stays farther west and doesn't strengthen.

SciGuy

A science blog with Eric Berger

Ike now targeting Galveston. Here are two scenarios

1. Hurricane Alicia-redux, with a stronger surge. This scenario is most likely if the official forecast of a 120-mph hurricane hitting Galveston Island holds up.

2. Near-miss to the east. This is the realistic best-case scenario for Houston. Here's why it's possible.

For the last 36 hours or so the models have trended eastward, which is reflected by the official track moving from Matagorda Bay to Galveston Island. Persistence, the notion that trends are more likely to continue than not, and climatology suggest this may continue.

If it does track eastward, a landfall around High Island is probably far enough east to spare most of Houston's city limits from hurricane-force winds.

This is the hidden content, please

Adminbabe, that's what I'm talking about, information around here hasn't been focusing much on worst case scenarios and they are very real if not becoming probable.  I want someone to make a ballsy call that says hey, here's what could happen.... I'm not smart enough to fill in the detail.  There's an unintended consequence of not trying to alarm people, I think we're seeing it.

Adminbabe, that's what I'm talking about, information around here hasn't been focusing much on worst case scenarios and they are very real if not becoming probable.  I want someone to make a ballsy call that says hey, here's what could happen.... I'm not smart enough to fill in the detail.  There's an unintended consequence of not trying to alarm people, I think we're seeing it.

you want to know the real truth?? We are about to take this thing up the ying yang!!!!

Good update from Greg B....Was asked if the eye made landfall closer to us, what would happen then?

He said probably not much of a difference. Hurricane force winds will reach all the way out to Lake Charles now and the main focus with Ike is storm surge/water due to large wind field.

The only way we would feel less symptoms is if he landed further south. Greg continues to suggest to leave low-lying areas!

I am just praying that something happens and this thing shifts just a bit south.  I live in BC off 408 and Roundbunch.  I am scared to death that I may not have a dry house when i come home.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder