Kristi Noem Kills Dog

baddog

20 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I was really confused at first at how a bunch of people would know about her killing a dog on her ranch, until I heard the story itself, which I didn't find particularly believable.  Then when I started reading some accounts that made it sound like she was just mad that it messed up her bird hunt and was tough to train, and that multiple people had seen some or all of this, her coming out with the story for seemingly no reason made a lot more sense.

Sounds like it was both, according to her.  Not sure who could confirm or deny the chickens part.

From the article baddog posted:

Outrage spread across social media platforms late last week after The Guardian reported on an excerpt from Noem's upcoming memoir "No Going Back," which is set to be released on May 7. In the excerpt, Noem described taking her 14-month-old female dog, Cricket, to a "gravel pit" near her farm and shooting her because it was "less than worthless," "untrainable" and had killed and eaten several chickens.

She said Cricket had ruined a pheasant hunt when she went "out of her mind with excitement, chasing all those birds and having the time of her life." 

4 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Sounds like it was both, according to her.  Not sure who could confirm or deny the chickens part.

From the article baddog posted:

Outrage spread across social media platforms late last week after The Guardian reported on an excerpt from Noem's upcoming memoir "No Going Back," which is set to be released on May 7. In the excerpt, Noem described taking her 14-month-old female dog, Cricket, to a "gravel pit" near her farm and shooting her because it was "less than worthless," "untrainable" and had killed and eaten several chickens.

She said Cricket had ruined a pheasant hunt when she went "out of her mind with excitement, chasing all those birds and having the time of her life." 

yeah, the article from Baddog is quoting her book, so basically repeating her story.  the question is whether or not her story matches what has been known in SD political circles for years, and it sounds like maybe it does not.

5 hours ago, bullets13 said:

you're doing exactly what you're mad at the media for doing.  you complain about their double standards, but then you're comparing Obama eating dog in a dog-eating country as a small child to Noem shooting a dog as an adult.  I don't like Obama, but give me a break on that comparison.  And let's be clear here, the media didn't sink Noem's career.  She sunk it herself.  Not sure why all of you guys are conveniently ignoring it, but there's a whole lot of talk that her dog wasn't a chicken killer at all, and that she just shot it because it wasn't a good hunting dog and she didn't like it.  If it was eating people's chickens, I have no issue with it, but it's looking more and more like she was trying to get ahead of things and fashion her own narrative before the actual story came out.  for what it's worth, that's the only way her decision to publish this stuff makes any sense at all.  Nobody will ever convince me that she and her handlers thought adding that story was a good idea, and had no ulterior motive to do so.  The reaction to it is the most predictable thing ever, even if the most conservative among us are just totally disgusted that 3/4 of the country disagrees with her actions.

That's an amusing response. I'm not mad at all. In fact, I've been laughing at the seriousness being put into this topic. Oh my, one statement killed her career. Y'all keep up with the over-analyzations while I kick back and enjoy.

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

That's an amusing response. I'm not mad at all. In fact, I've been laughing at the seriousness being put into this topic. Oh my, one statement killed her career. Y'all keep up with the over-analyzations while I kick back and enjoy.

Yeah, the “sunk her career” was a little much, and 3/4 of the country don’t watch the news and wouldn’t even know about it.

What’s bad about the media is that they will only report “worthless and untrainable” while totally overlooking “killed and eaten several chickens”. It’s what journalism has come to be; reporting half truths and omitting crucial facts. What could be better?

1 hour ago, baddog said:

What’s bad about the media is that they will only report “worthless and untrainable” while totally overlooking “killed and eaten several chickens”. It’s what journalism has come to be; reporting half truths and omitting crucial facts. What could be better?

I agree with this, both sides major news outlets do this....

2 hours ago, baddog said:

As I’ve said a few times on here, there may be some witnesses around that might dispute the chicken part.  We’ll see how it plays out 

23 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

As I’ve said a few times on here, there may be some witnesses around that might dispute the chicken part.  We’ll see how it plays out 

And there are fewer that realize Obama ate dog. We know how that played out. Let's see how the media plays this one.

9 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I don't really care what she did with her dog, but couldn't she have just given the "worthless" dog away to a loving prospective owner? I'm sure it was probably a purebred animal that was at least somewhat trained and therefore easy to place in a non farm home.

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I don't really care what she did with her dog, but couldn't she have just given the "worthless" dog away to a loving prospective owner? I'm sure it was probably a purebred animal that was at least somewhat trained and therefore easy to place in a non farm home.

There is a proven way to stop a dog from killing chickens…..without shooting them, if it is only killing them….now if it is eating them then different story….only a bullet will stop that habit.

3 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

There is a proven way to stop a dog from killing chickens…..without shooting them, if it is only killing them….now if it is eating them then different story….only a bullet will stop that habit.

Understood. I'm just saying, give the dog away to someone who doesn't have chickens. Lol. It seems pretty self-evident. 

29 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Understood. I'm just saying, give the dog away to someone who doesn't have chickens. Lol. It seems pretty self-evident. 

If it was actually a chicken killer, i have zero problem with putting down.  if she's lying to make what she did more acceptable, that's a different issue.  If it actually was a chicken killer, then she's a moron for putting it in her book.  If it wasn't, she's a bad person for shooting the dog.  She could've easily given away the dog, but based on her writings she REAALLLLY didn't like the dog.  That said, I kinda doubt that 20 years ago she was thinking about her actions preventing her from receiving the VP nom.

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

If it was actually a chicken killer, i have zero problem with putting down.  if she's lying to make what she did more acceptable, that's a different issue.  If it actually was a chicken killer, then she's a moron for putting it in her book.  If it wasn't, she's a bad person for shooting the dog.  She could've easily given away the dog, but based on her writings she REAALLLLY didn't like the dog.  That said, I kinda doubt that 20 years ago she was thinking about her actions preventing her from receiving the VP nom.

Like I said, I don't really care, but I'm still trying to figure out why someone wouldn't just give the freaking dog away... If it's dangerous, bit a kid, has injuries and needs to be put down, terminally ill, etc, shoot it (or put it to sleep if you want). If it likes the taste of chicken - give it away. WHY NOT???

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Had she killed her baby by abortion, she would be a hero to many. Murder is GREAT if it’s done under the label of “choice”.   

i hate these types of arguments.  a completely unrelated act doesn't mean anything here, but I guess it's a good way to "make a point", because this isn't the only site that people are bringing it up.  she didn't have an abortion, she killed a dog, under questionable circumstances.  For reasons that nobody can understand she bragged about it in a book, and for reasons I personally can't understand, conservative republicans are treating her account as gospel.  Regardless of what actually happened, she's a moron for informing the general public all about her ability to "make the tough decisions", and certainly one for shooting a dog and a goat back to back in front of strangers, regardless of the circumstances.

7 hours ago, bullets13 said:

i hate these types of arguments.  a completely unrelated act doesn't mean anything here, but I guess it's a good way to "make a point", because this isn't the only site that people are bringing it up.  she didn't have an abortion, she killed a dog, under questionable circumstances.  For reasons that nobody can understand she bragged about it in a book, and for reasons I personally can't understand, conservative republicans are treating her account as gospel.  Regardless of what actually happened, she's a moron for informing the general public all about her ability to "make the tough decisions", and certainly one for shooting a dog and a goat back to back in front of strangers, regardless of the circumstances.

There is no perspective here. If she was Jane Doe from Bmt. TX, no one would care a bit. She is attacked and people want to make like she bombed a major U.S. city or something. SO, that’s why we have these discussions. Why aren’t we talking about all the US Fentalnol deaths that have occurred since Biden destroyed the border? But NO her dog is top headlines.  

On 5/2/2024 at 8:43 PM, Separation Scientist said:

There is no perspective here. If she was Jane Doe from Bmt. TX, no one would care a bit. She is attacked and people want to make like she bombed a major U.S. city or something. SO, that’s why we have these discussions. Why aren’t we talking about all the US Fentalnol deaths that have occurred since Biden destroyed the border? But NO her dog is top headlines.  

Democrats aren’t concerned with the real issues that are affecting Americans.

3 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Democrats aren’t concerned with the real issues that are affecting Americans.

That’s right. A dozen kids get gunned down in Chicago every weekend and they don’t even blink. A Republican puts down a dangerous dog that’s attacking livestock and they FLIP OUT. CNN is having a stroke right now.  

On 5/4/2024 at 8:52 PM, Separation Scientist said:

That’s right. A dozen kids get gunned down in Chicago every weekend and they don’t even blink. A Republican puts down a dangerous dog that’s attacking livestock and they FLIP OUT. CNN is having a stroke right now.  

All I heard is the dog killed chickens. How was it also dangerous? I missed that part.

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

All I heard is the dog killed chickens. How was it also dangerous? I missed that part.

She said the dog attacked her too. Already had its 2nd chance.  Meanwhile, Bidens dog Commander has attacked and bit several secret service agents. And human beings are still getting killed in Chicago. Where is the outrage?

While I maintain that she's an idiot in this situation either way, my opinion on how big of a deal this actually is depends on what actually happened.  That said, can y'all please quit acting like there's more than a 50/50 chance that her account is accurate?  at least add the caveat "she claims" to these statements about it killing chickens and trying to bite her, instead of presenting it as fact.  

This reminds me of a talk show I saw years ago. It was about unruly kids. They prefaced the show with audience reactions to this 12 year old girl.  They started by saying she had cursed her brother (audience….boooo), then she had pulled a knife on her mother (audience….BOOOO), then they said that she even kicked the dog ( audience…..SHOOT HER, OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!!!! Blah, blah) It was as ridiculous as this topic…. And I started it. lol