Big Sandy - Kevin Foster steps down as Basketball HC

Coach Foster and I had talked earlier in the season and he told me this might be his last year to coach but still wasn't sure. Well, he is sure now.

It's been a great privilege to cover his teams. I always enjoy watching his teams play. They are always one of the best coached teams year in and year out.

But it's more of an honor and privilege to call Kevin my friend. He is just an absolute great man. He and his dad are the reasons I am a big Big Sandy fan.

I will miss Coach on the sidelines. Just won't be the same without him. But I also know we will keep in touch and he will be greeting me when I attend Wildcat basketball games.

Congrats Coach Foster!!! Job well done my friend!

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Coach Foster and I had talked earlier in the season and he told me this might be his last year to coach but still wasn't sure. Well, he is sure now.

It's been a great privilege to cover his teams. I always enjoy watching his teams play. They are always one of the best coached teams year in and year out.

But it's more of an honor and privilege to call Kevin my friend. He is just an absolute great man. He and his dad are the reasons I am a big Big Sandy fan.

I will miss Coach on the sidelines. Just won't be the same without him. But I also know we will keep in touch and he will be greeting me when I attend Wildcat basketball games.

Well said!!  He will definitely be missed.

What an incredible career. Had the opportunity a few times to attend the BS tournament during the recent state runs they had and wow. His teams always had the utmost respect for him and it showed. Some mighty big shoes to fill, but you gotta think there are gonna be some quality applicants for this one.

5 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Very well said.  I’ve always said he’s the most underrated coach in our area.  In my book, no one “taught” the game better than Coach Foster.  And it showed watching his teams play.   And as great a coach as he is, he’s an even better person.  That’s saying something. 

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Big Sandy - Kevin Foster steps down as Basketball HC