Silsbee 66 Faith Family 80/FINAL

The Silsbee Tigers!  Your provisional AAAA 2022 and 2024 State Champions!

I grant FF their 3peat and being good sports I’m sure they’ll cheerfully grant us our provisional championships.  In light of circumstances it’s only fair. 

(and the same applies to BTW for 2023 if they so choose)

The current anomaly has been apparent for some time.  And now we’re rid of it.

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I have a question, in 2020 when the state tournament was canceled due to COVID-19, did everyone get a trophy? I think FF beat Yates in the Semifinals but there were no games after 5pm that Friday and no championship games.  

No state championships awarded that year.

3 hours ago, Keto7877 said:

The play-by-play and color guy on NFHS are killing me. Their discussion concerning FF’s move up to 5A being “more difficult and interesting…” is ignorant and farcical. 

They will dominate exactly the same. Only now their district opponents will be more competitive…but that only makes you better. 

They will still go get the best players in South Dallas if not the Metroplex at large. 

If they jumped directly to 6A…what’s the difference? 5A and 6A are essentially equivalent…in basketball anyways. 

End of rant. Sorry. It was just too much to listen these two professionals try to twist themselves into pretzels to avoid the elephant in the room. 

I loved the Silsbee Tiger’s fight. They never back down. They never make excuses. 

I understand the politics that spawned this and the legal inability of UIL to effectively mitigate its snowball effect. But on the whole…it’s sad to see Texas Basketball head in this direction.

Craig Way and Ish are exactly right...FF is not going to just roll through 5A, yes they beat the 5A state champs Lancaster by a whole point....Lancaster probably should have lost the semifinal and they were in a dogfight in the regional final.....so its not like Lancaster destroyed all of 5A either...they beat El Paso Chapin by 2...they lost to 6A Lake Travis by 21....

Will they be very good?? Yes.....but 5A is much, much different than 4A its a real grind to go deep because you are playing people that can beat you pretty consistently after the first round or two

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Do we have an All Tounement team? 

Conference 4A

Name, School, Class, Height, Position

*Isaac Williams, Oak Cliff Faith Family, Sr., 6-3, Guard

Jazz Henderson, Oak Cliff Faith Family, Sr., 6-0, Guard

Doryan Onwuchekwa, Oak Cliff Faith Family, Sr., 6-11, Forward

Jared Harris, Silsbee, Sr., 6-5, Guard

Tayesen Combs, Canyon Randall, Jr., 6-2, Guard

33 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

I did really think that pressure would work against FF.  But it kind of did.  Makes me wonder if the Tigers had started a little earlier.

I noticed that trap started working late in the 3rd quarter and you wonder what took it so long. Oh well so proud of the boys! They could have laid down and quit being down 30 but they didn’t. Can’t wait for next year and good luck seniors in the future!

12 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

Craig Way and Ish are exactly right...FF is not going to just roll through 5A, yes they beat the 5A state champs Lancaster by a whole point....Lancaster probably should have lost the semifinal and they were in a dogfight in the regional final.....so its not like Lancaster destroyed all of 5A either...they beat El Paso Chapin by 2...they lost to 6A Lake Travis by 21....

Will they be very good?? Yes.....but 5A is much, much different than 4A its a real grind to go deep because you are playing people that can beat you pretty consistently after the first round or two

I hope they're successful enough to never come back down. 

On 3/9/2024 at 9:18 PM, JimThorpe said:

The Silsbee Tigers!  Your provisional AAAA 2022 and 2024 State Champions!

I grant FF their 3peat and being good sports I’m sure they’ll cheerfully grant us our provisional championships.  In light of circumstances it’s only fair. 

(and the same applies to BTW for 2023 if they so choose)

The current anomaly has been apparent for some time.  And now we’re rid of it.

I agree.

On 3/9/2024 at 10:26 PM, BADSANTA said:

I have a question, in 2020 when the state tournament was canceled due to COVID-19, did everyone get a trophy? I think FF beat Yates in the Semifinals but there were no games after 5pm that Friday and no championship games.  

Faith Family beat Yates the year before COVID, Yates was scheduled to play FF but did not play the COVID Year. 

As a Yates Fan, and Alumni I have no problem with FF remaining in 4A, FF will dominate in 5A because maybe they have elite coaches.  

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

Why watch a AAU/6A recruit program play a small 4A school? 

I don’t see a difference between Faith Family playing 4A schools and Silsbee playing Bridge City, WOS, Vidor, Lumberton, LCM & Jasper twice a year. Silsbee needs to move up to 5A where the district would be more competitive 

22 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

I don’t see a difference between Faith Family playing 4A schools and Silsbee playing Bridge City, WOS, Vidor, Lumberton, LCM & Jasper twice a year. Silsbee needs to move up to 5A where the district would be more competitive 

You are being completely ridiculous now.

Losing credibility with every post you make.

You trying to compare a charter school that pulls from 18 other ISD's in the DFW metropolis to a town of 6500 (Silsbee) with just one ISD is a complete farce.

Of course, I completely understand your disappointment with your precious Yates team and it's fall from 4A grace.

Maybe some day they will be back.

14 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Excuse me...what?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2024 at 7:23 PM, SportsJunkie32 said:

This post is clueless sir!!

I think we should all formulate a respose to UIL because of this and everyone send it in. 

Kinda of like they do when orginizations want us to send our elected officals a we're for or against something. 

Who wants to create the email?  :)