UIL to consider penalties for North Shore football for violating recruiting rules

7 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Kill the side talk we want to know about administrator you talked to Cougar & all these players the “talent acquisition” coach recruited to NS

There are only two high level administrators in the GPISD athletics department. Find out who the one from Crosby is

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

He didn't go there specifically for the coach, he went after Willis got hired and everyone got p.o.'d which is when his dad said they were out. The coach that left Crosby had already accepted the position at North Shore in February. What you outlined about a kid following a coach is a blatant violation which I have particular experience with even at an open enrollment school. 

Where is the report with Johnson on it like you said? Where is the one with the Crosby kid on it that just came this year? You said there is a report with ALL transfers into North Shore over the last four years. Where is the report so I can verify Johnson is on it, or was that just weird a statement as you saying MOST of the athletes come from the only two schools they can come from without transferring? 

The administrator I talked to was your boss' boss, or at least one of his technically two bosses.  

Now you just said NS “came got” this sound like a parents decision & had nothing to do with none of NS coaches coming get him. Furthermore ‘PARENTS’ have the right to send their kids to whatever school they want to. If they decided to send their son to a certain school cause they want him to be coached by a certain coach or because they want their kids in a better athletic program that isn’t a recruiting violation like you’ve been trying to allude to. 

They discussed the report on the meeting & it was submitted to the UIL, I’ve provided the link to the meeting for you.

This is the hidden content, please

End of the day there are schools out there who poach kids from other schools. That is in essence cheating. I’ve been around a lot of coaching staffs some were shadier than others. End of the day if you commit the crime be prepared to pay for the crime. 

end of the day my personal belief is you coach the ones you got and develop them the best you can. Some years are better than others that’s coaching. Poaching other schools kids so you can win big is selfish. How about the staff that loses those kids and gets canned for not being able to win enough.  

this goes for all sports boys, girls whatever. 

14 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Now you just said NS “came got” this sound like a parents decision & had nothing to do with none of NS coaches coming get him. Furthermore ‘PARENTS’ have the right to send their kids to whatever school they want to. If they decided to send their son to a certain school cause they want him to be coached by a certain coach or because they want their kids in a better athletic program that isn’t a recruiting violation like you’ve been trying to allude to. 

They discussed the report on the meeting & it was submitted to the UIL, I’ve provided the link to the meeting for you.

This is the hidden content, please

Umm  isn’t moving for athletic purposes a uil violation? 

Here are the numbers from the report:@Cougar14.2

Total transfers at NS:

Freshman program had a total of 78 athletes, only 8 didn’t attend NS feeder schools.

Varsity program had 80 varsity players 60 of the 80 went to the feeder schools.

15 out of the 20 transfers enrolled as freshman or sophomores and played under level football prior to playing varsity. 

So that leaves 5 kids that was never enrolled at NS as a freshman or sophomore.

2 of the remaining 5 transfers were enrolled at one of the feeder middle schools & left and went to a different HS & came back using the same address they had on file in middle school. (Lavonte Johnson was one of these 2) 

The 3 kids remaining:

1 came from Louisiana, another came from Cy Ridge HS & the other kid came from Clear Springs. All three of these kids played JV…

Where is the talent acquisition coach Cougar? 

32 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

I know Kae Walker personally & I’m telling you you’re a damn lie! 

Yeah, I’ve know him for over 25 years. I was hoping you wouldn’t actually mention his name but as sure as my father is buried in Evergreen cemetery I assure you we’ve discussed NS’ talent acquisition process and also my sons playing there. I ain’t on here selling woof tickets but what else would you expect from a guy disputing what came out of someone’s own mouth. I’m going to the driving range, you can have it from here on out ✌🏾

Just now, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, I’ve know him for over 25 years. I was hoping you wouldn’t actually mention his name but as sure as my father is buried in Evergreen cemetery I assure you we’ve discussed NS’ talent acquisition process and also my sons playing there. I ain’t on here selling woof tickets but what else would you expect from a guy disputing what came out of someone’s own mouth. 

We can mention names cause I know you’re just talking! What did he tell you about the talent acquisition process, please fill us in. Which coach had that title? 😂😂

5 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Here are the numbers from the report:@Cougar14.2

Total transfers at NS:

Freshman program had a total of 78 athletes, only 8 didn’t attend NS feeder schools.

Varsity program had 80 varsity players 60 of the 80 went to the feeder schools.

15 out of the 20 transfers enrolled as freshman or sophomores and played under level football prior to playing varsity. 

So that leaves 5 kids that was never enrolled at NS as a freshman or sophomore.

2 of the remaining 5 transfers were enrolled at one of the feeder middle schools & left and went to a different HS & came back using the same address they had on file in middle school. (Lavonte Johnson was one of these 2) 

The 3 kids remaining:

1 came from Louisiana, another came from Cy Ridge HS & the other kid came from Clear Springs. All three of these kids played JV…

Where is the talent acquisition coach Cougar? 

I’m just another dumb Crosby graduate, but another way of saying 60 of the 80 varsity players were from feeder schools is:  25% of Northshore’s varsity players came from other districts. 

15 hours ago, Bud Kilmer said:

Umm  isn’t moving for athletic purposes a uil violation? 

Not a violation to move for Athletic purposes but you lose that year of varsity eligibility. Playing on a varsity roster during that year is a violation. 

Transfers don't necessarily indicate recruiting violations happening, schools are allowed to receive transfers no matter the family's motive. Good programs will naturally draw in top athletes because the families want to see them play there and that is perfectly legal and their right. DEC are tasked with deciding if the move was for athletics to decide eligibility, this is where the debates happen bc they don't want to lose that year of varsity play. The violations occur when they play on varsity rosters if the DEC decides they are ineligible, or a coach/district employee contacting, persuading, or enticing a player to come to their school (recruiting). 

9 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

You don’t read very well I see lol

I read just fine, and do basic 3rd grade math and grammar well also. From the numbers you stated, 25% of Northshore’s varsity players were NOT from their feeder schools and transferred in during their freshman or sophomore year. It’s all good, we all know you are the only one on this site that knows anything.

10 hours ago, CCRed said:

I’m just another dumb Crosby graduate, but another way of saying 60 of the 80 varsity players were from feeder schools is:  25% of Northshore’s varsity players came from other districts. 

Which is legal. they didn't break eligibility rules. This happens all over even at schools that aren't powerhouses. The report states they played JV, after a calendar year at NS they would earn varsity eligibility even if they announced they moved for athletic purposes. 

55 minutes ago, Looper said:

Not a violation to move for Athletic purposes but you lose that year of varsity eligibility. Playing on a varsity roster during that year is a violation. 

Transfers don't necessarily indicate recruiting violations happening, schools are allowed to receive transfers no matter the family's motive. Good programs will naturally draw in top athletes because the families want to see them play there and that is perfectly legal and their right. DEC are tasked with deciding if the move was for athletics to decide eligibility, this is where the debates happen bc they don't want to lose that year of varsity play. The violations occur when they play on varsity rosters if the DEC decides they are ineligible, or a coach/district employee contacting, persuading, or enticing a player to come to their school (recruiting). 

Common sense, cougar want y’all to believe NS recruited a WR who parents/middle school coach convinced him to go to NS lol

Keep in mind this kid played FRESHMAN football.

1 hour ago, Looper said:

Which is legal. they didn't break eligibility rules. This happens all over even at schools that aren't powerhouses. The report states they played JV, after a calendar year at NS they would earn varsity eligibility even if they announced they moved for athletic purposes. 

Bingo…

20 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

In this particular instance, NS OC violated rules and the OC is no longer allowed to coach. 

Yeah, people are trying to use this instance to justify other claims of recruiting but NS has documentation of their players and process showing they did it correctly. If any one claims they recruited the kids that came and went through the eligibility process (which would be a violation) They would need hard evidence to oppose the NS reports. 

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

I read just fine, and do basic 3rd grade math and grammar well also. From the numbers you stated, 25% of Northshore’s varsity players were NOT from their feeder schools and transferred in during their freshman or sophomore year. It’s all good, we all know you are the only one on this site that knows anything.

Well you don’t because it was stated that several of those 20 kids were at the feeder middle schools but went to different HS. Also mentioned how several of those 20 played JV the whole year and got moved up for the playoffs. So I think your math a little off bud, yall want to throw the recruiting/transfer talk around on NS so much yall ignore the facts. GPISD just proved to all the dumb asses on here that’s been saying they recruit for years, that they’ve been winning with homegrown talent from the feeder schools. As I’ve stated on here on numerous occasions.

Do they get transfers? OF COURSE you do especially when you’re at a school with a high mobility rate surrounded by a bunch of apartments. They also did the numbers on the mobility rate at the freshman campus:

The school in total had 177 transfers only 8 of those were football players. Stop the hating people it’s a bad look.

2 hours ago, CCRed said:

Just another example of you guys not having a clue about how High Schools function. A 6A high school in the Houston area surrounded by apartments and lower priced rent is going to have a lot of students who have transferred in who didn't go to the middle schools. It's Houston guys - not podunk SETX. People are moving in and out of Houston at a wild rate. And parents moving to an area so their kids can excel is nothing new. It's why I live where I live - for the schools and everything that comes with it. Just way better for my kids future. A parent just has to say it was for school and education, even if it really is for athletics - or say it's for a new job. Coaches sign off on players leaving and going to other schools all the time, even when they deep down know it's for athletics. Why? Because ultimately, they're doing the whole coaching thing for the kids - not wins. Hard for you guys to accept. 

3 hours ago, CCRed said:

😂 This says it all. 

I know what he wrote on his statement when he got investigated by GPISD admin…said he reached out to the kids for his recruiting services. This can easily be fact checked by going watch the meeting.

I deal in facts only not speculation & assumptions unlike most of you fools on here.