Lumberton - Chase McDonald named AD/HC

41 minutes ago, TheOutsider said:

But did he have it when he was first hired to be AD/HFC at OF or did he obtain after he got the job?

After.

Like I said, some require a masters, some do not. And some ask that it's obtained within a few years of hire.

Not all AD jobs require masters. But some do require and others prefer. In a lot of those situations, when it's preferred, the applicant with a masters will be considered more so than the one who doesn't.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

As why it's interim.

Like I stated, some on the board want it to be a requirement.

Doesn't matter to me. I think McDonald would be a good promotion.

I agree with what you’re saying. Will they or have they released a list of applicants for the job?

On 3/11/2024 at 12:58 PM, Guitar Man said:

Whether you like it or not, McDonald is the best hire here. The players and community support him 100%. The man is about as loyal as it gets when it comes to this job. Lumberton born and raised and came back to coach the game that he loves. Bringing in an outsider is not always the best move, because honestly to most outsiders, Lumberton is a stepping stone job. Reyes benefited greatly from that stable of kids he had. With all the talent graduating, this job is gonna be tough. McDonald isn't some guy who is gonna treat this as a notch on the ladder, and leave. That place is his home. 

Very accurate assessment! 

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations to Coach McDonald.

I can't say that I really know him but the coaches at Lumberton have been pleasant to work with in recent years. The same can be said for Kountze and Silsbee. Most of them seem to realize that I now work only part time. They try to help as much as they can. Readers and others who are not involved in the programs probably do not realize how hard school administrations have made it to gather information from coaches at the various schools. Half the time you can't get in contact with the coaches and you can't interview them because you can't get past the front door. You have to do a lot of work by email or over the phone when you can catch them. One of my friends who used to work in the local golden triangle media told me a couple of weeks ago that at the media he worked at they now have one reporter trying to cover 32 high schools. 

On 4/4/2024 at 10:18 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Yes. The interim tag has been removed as it should have been all along.

This is a good thing for all involved.

Congrats Coach McDonald.

Now, who is he going to hire as his OC?

What direction is Lumberton going to go in Offensively?

25 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I would expect him to keep the current OC if he is still there.

The job has been posted since he was named interim, in fact the OC job was actually posted by Reyes and he was in the process of calling people for interviews before he got the Palestine job.

On 4/8/2024 at 8:18 AM, PlayActionPass said:

Now, who is he going to hire as his OC?

What direction is Lumberton going to go in Offensively?

A poster on the Nederland thread said that last years OC for Nederland is headed to Lumberton.  As OC?  That was not mentioned.

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Lumberton - Chase McDonald named AD/HC