Lamar Baseball 2024

Man the pitching staff did another fantastic job tonight

my question - what has happened to the run production and hitting the last 4 conference games. I know they got 10 hits the 1st game vs McNeese but only 2 runs, but the past 3 conference games have not produced many hits or runs. Thank goodness the pitchers are doing very well. Hopefully they will get the bats going tomorrow 

Top 2 pitchers in the conference  based on ERA faced off tonight.  It was a good one. 

Missed 2 of the NcNeese games but the 2 I missed, the birds had 17 total hits but only scratched out 3 runs. Timely hitting has been hit and miss at times the season, but much better than last year. 

27-6 record is pretty salty. 

41 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Honored team from '02, '03, and '04 before the game. 3 year run of regional appearances. 

Very large crowd for SLC baseball. 

LU wins 10-3.  Had 15 hits on the day.

Move to 28-6 overall and 7-1 in conference. 

Hope you and your grandson enjoyed, @AggiesAreWe

Enjoyed the game very much. Grandson had a blast and was wanting to go back tomorrow but I got a date with a recliner tomorrow to watch final round of Masters. Besides, his momma (my daughter) said he had a little girls birthday party to go to tomorrow. He wasn't too happy about that. lol

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

Way to go Cards. 2 sweeps out of 3 conference series is awesome keep it up as you go on the road

Lamar still has mostly the upper teir of teams in conference left to face.  Need to keep playing quality ball as they prepare for an odd final 3 weeks of the season in May.  The final 3 weeks they will essentially be moving the program to the New Orleans area.  They finish on the road for the final 2 series starting with preseason favorite (presently 3rd) Nichols, then again travel east to UNO (preseason 3rd and sitting in 2nd) for the season finale starting on a Thursday, and right back to Lousiana and into Hammond for the conference tournament starting Wednesday the 22nd of May. 

They play UIW and Northwestern State at home the 2 weekends prior to the New Orleans area stretch and those series are right after the trip to Corpus this coming weekend. 

To any of you that have not been to the tourney when in Hammond, it really isn't  a bad place to hold it and for you party people, New Orleans is close. My opinion is that they have the best stadium in the conference.  Hope SELA gets in and isn't hosting a tournament with very low attendance due to them sitting out of it. 8 of 9 make it and they should get in.  

You are absolutely correct They still face the better teams in the conference and for some reason has always struggled with A&M CC and Nichols. Hopefully this year will be different and hopefully a couple of sweeps at home vs UIW and Northwestern. They have a very good chance if the pitching continues to perform well. Good luck Cards

7 hours ago, Gocats90 said:

The cards are climbing up in the RPI. I believe 41 right now. They are only missing the top 25 ranking from D1baseball.com which is who the NCAA uses. I’m really hoping they stay hot ,and can keep on sweeping series and winning midweeks. 

What episode are y’all with? I was looking for it, but these site has Lamar SOS at 192?

This is the hidden content, please

nevermind, I found it.

12 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

What episode are y’all with? I was looking for it, but these site has Lamar SOS at 192?

nevermind, I found it.

I like to listen to the 11.7 Baseball Podcast. They do mid major rankings for all smaller universities. Their podcast is a good one to listen to every monday and wednesday i think.