Lamar Baseball 2024

9 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I have noticed he only posts when Lamar is losing.

Not sure there has ever been a more negative poster in the history of this site.

Negative?  He's just pessimistic,  gloomy, and cynical.  That's all. Give em hell Uncle Spidey. 

I hope even Spidersal can laugh at this one. When Lamar is able to get out of a bad situation or gets a big hit, my father and I will often look at each other and say, "take that Spidersal"  then laugh at own ignorance.  

You 2 tickle me with some of your post.  Yes Lamar is playing very well right now and has 2 Hugh wins against OU. The pitching seems to be much better this season and they are scoring a bunch. The only 3 really bad games were against A&M, South Alabama and Baylor. I hope they keep it up. The key to me , will they continue playing like they are against OU or will they play down to the level of competition in the SLC. Hopefully they will win it all with a very good record and possibly get a 3 seed in the regional round

16 minutes ago, spidersal said:

You 2 tickle me with some of your post.  Yes Lamar is playing very well right now and has 2 Hugh wins against OU. The pitching seems to be much better this season and they are scoring a bunch. The only 3 really bad games were against A&M, South Alabama and Baylor. I hope they keep it up. The key to me , will they continue playing like they are against OU or will they play down to the level of competition in the SLC. Hopefully they will win it all with a very good record and possibly get a 3 seed in the regional round

You tickle all of us with all of your posts.

One has to laugh at your posts or be miserable.

I simply tell it like I see it. The good with the good and the bad with the bad. Unfortunately the Lamar athletic program and the Bulldog program has been really down the past few years. You may not like the bad post , however they are usually spot on. Call it negative if you like, but I call it reality I do appreciate y’all’s posts and keeping up with all sports

11 hours ago, Gocats90 said:

Love to see the Cards playing well. At this pace we may see a Beaumont Regional that would be amazing 

Would love to see that too.  HOWEVER, not only mighty early, the strength of schedule (SOS) will hurt tremendously.  Latest RPI (Boyd's World as the NCAA utilized is not updated yet to my knowledge) has LU at 41 with a SOS of 240.  The SOS won't raise much or any for the remainder of the season. SLC opponents are scattered from 120 to 230 range, thus no real bump and few strong mid week teams left. Also have TSU that is very low and Alcorn with the lowest RPI (305) in the nation. 

A 3 seed, as a 2 seed is essentially the same for tournament design purposes, would be great.  Have to agree with my Uncle Spidey on that one. 

8 hours ago, snakehead26 said:

Well we have to get there first before we can get a seed. Lose the conference tournament and we will be out again. 4 out of our next 5 conference series are at home.

Not exactly. If Lamar stays hot and possibly finishes the season out as regular season conference champs and doesn’t lose a series against a bad team or lose a series at all. They will be an at large team

2 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Birds and Kats in a midweek contest shortly.

SLC has on occasion sent 2 teams to the NCAA tourney. Long odds with the conference's present strength. However, IF LU can sustain this run, for the first time in years, midweek games may actually matter. 

EARLY to project such, but keep winning and.. ...

Yes, I base part of it on SOS and part on reputation of them and the conference.

Lamar is actually ranked 35th in the USA Today coaches poll so a few people are noticing them.