Lamar Baseball 2024

57 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

IMO, LU will have to win conference tournament. I don’t see the Southland getting an at-large bid.

I could see the same. I think for them to get an at large they will have to win every series from here on out 

21 hours ago, Gocats90 said:

I could see the same. I think for them to get an at large they will have to win every series from here on out 

They’re going to have win almost all remaining games and get finals of tournament to think about an at-large. When LU was in the WAC, Grand Canyon got an at-large after New Mexico St came out of nowhere to win conference tournament. Grand Canyon had a dang good resume that year. It can happen, but resume wise isn’t in their favor.

Lamar now holds a 2 game lead on Nicholls and a 3 game lead on UNO. As most if not all if you know, Lamar finishes conference with back to back road trips to those two. 

Southeastern loses to McNeese today and sits in last place.  To make matters worse the 2 teams above them, McNeese and HCU, each hold the head to head tiebreaker.  McNeese and HCU face each other the final weekend of conference. 

15 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Lamar now holds a 2 game lead on Nicholls and a 3 game lead on UNO. As most if not all if you know, Lamar finishes conference with back to back road trips to those two. 

Southeastern loses to McNeese today and sits in last place.  To make matters worse the 2 teams above them, McNeese and HCU, each hold the head to head tiebreaker.  McNeese and HCU face each other the final weekend of conference. 

McNeese and HCU will play the weekend prior to the final week of conference play.