Scott Rich named as new Nederland HC/AD

57 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Lol.  Seeing as the admin building is directly across from the stadium I doubt it.  Also Katy’s old stadium wasn’t anything special either.  You don’t like the facilities?  Put in your own money or vote for a bond.  Stop running down the program. Those facilities aren’t the worst in the state or even this area. Either that or move your butt somewhere where you like the facilities and then you can gripe about the tax rate and the cost of housing.

First off, I don't live in Nederland and never have. Second, I played many games there and coached some games there. The new renovations they are making are the first they have made since even before I played there in the 80's. They are way behind times and they are just now trying to update things. But with the lack of revenue and citizens afraid of their taxes going up. It's hard to get a bond to pass to do the upgrades that are definitely needed. It was a shock to see the bond that did pass to get the renovations done that they have. I know a lot of people that live in Nederland and wish they could get the upgrades that are needed and not just patching up schools to make it look like they have. I'm just saying, if this coach sees that he can't get what he ask for he won't be there long.

Hope that coach Rich can turn things around at Nederland. The only things I have heard about him is that he played for Dodge and a Nederland board member and he played together  I don’t know how the guy from DeSoto would have been, but very thankful they didn’t pick guy from Lumberton I have not heard anything good about him ever

Anyway good luck to Coach Rich

11 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Hope that coach Rich can turn things around at Nederland. The only things I have heard about him is that he played for Dodge and a Nederland board member and he played together  I don’t know how the guy from DeSoto would have been, but very thankful they didn’t pick guy from Lumberton I have not heard anything good about him ever

Anyway good luck to Coach Rich

Well all that information “you heard” about Coach Rich was all wrong. 

17 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

let us know what you know about the new coach.

Coach Rich is from Cedar Hill Texas. He did attend and graduate from North Texas but that was long before school board president ever attended and played football there Coach Rich is in his mid to upper 40s… Coach Rich did help out every year with coach dodges football camps.. as well as Coach Rich ran a successful football camp in the summer himself as I was told… 

fun fact he was roommates with former TJ QB Damon West in college. 

Looks like he's going to be a good one.  He knows what Dodge knows and he knows what Dodge does.  Now, the interesting question is:  Will he have the Katy philosophy on offense or will he run the Spread?!  Personally, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him have an under the center pro style offence (Katy's) and run #1 until his tongue is hanging out!   Going to be interesting to watch this play out!  Also, my guess is that he'll have spring training.  

5 hours ago, Reagan said:

Looks like he's going to be a good one.  He knows what Dodge knows and he knows what Dodge does.  Now, the interesting question is:  Will he have the Katy philosophy on offense or will he run the Spread?!  Personally, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him have an under the center pro style offence (Katy's) and run #1 until his tongue is hanging out!   Going to be interesting to watch this play out!  Also, my guess is that he'll have spring training.  

Agreed.....Hoping for more of a ball control, pro style offense. And get back to playing good defense.