Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns

19 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Concerning PNG, was Dodge the only one they hired to select their coach.  Or, were there ex PNG players involved?  

Coach Dodge was the only one who advised the hiring committee appointed by the school board that reviewed resumes and conducted interviews, the latter being comprised of various members of the PN-GISD administration. Several of those administrators are PN-G alumni, one of whom played on the ‘75 state championship team.

A dedicated PN-G alum from out of town (not me, to be clear) arranged first contact between the PN-GISD superintendent and Coach Dodge after Coach Faircloth’s departure, eventually resulting in the consulting contract. There’s no question Dodge’s involvement brought many qualified applicants to the table, and Dodge’s recommendation was key in the selection of Coach Joseph.

It was a team effort, and everyone involved in the hiring process, whether formally or informally, deserves commendation for their contribution.

3 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Here we go. Some forked tongues run their mouth about PNG hiring Todd Dodge for his recommendation . Turned out pretty good didn’t it.  

TD hit a home run. So why not stick with that format?

Not a fork tongue to want to know where the tax dollars go.

The fork tongue is when people try to hide where the money goes......

29 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

TD hit a home run. So why not stick with that format?

Not a fork tongue to want to know where the tax dollars go.

The fork tongue is when people try to hide where the money goes......

TD has Austin Area and basically whole state locked down, DC has the whole Houston area locked down, and KB has college and state connections as well. I say NISD is blessed right now…. We aren’t just looking for a HC but a AD to oversee all athletics. Time and time again. Nederland is at its best when kids play multi sports!! 

33 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

Who said it was high? 

It would have to be high, otherwise every school in the state would be getting TD to help get them a coach. Unless he’s only saying yes to a few schools, money is the only barrier. He doesn’t want to spend all of his time doing coach selection, and it’s not every school that can afford it. 

17 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

TD has Austin Area and basically whole state locked down, DC has the whole Houston area locked down, and KB has college and state connections as well. I say NISD is blessed right now…. We aren’t just looking for a HC but a AD to oversee all athletics. Time and time again. Nederland is at its best when kids play multi sports!! 

TD is connected enough to get the information NED needs to get a good coach.

I just think it is over kill to hire 3 consultants.

I would be willing to bet TD has a list of guys without having to do much research. 

21 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

It would have to be high, otherwise every school in the state would be getting TD to help get them a coach. Unless he’s only saying yes to a few schools, money is the only barrier. He doesn’t want to spend all of his time doing coach selection, and it’s not every school that can afford it. 

If TD is high I can only wonder what the price of 3 consultants will be.

2 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

If TD is high I can only wonder what the price of 3 consultants will be.

The other guys aren’t in such high demand, probably aren’t as expensive. And they’re true Nederland fans — They might be doing it for free. 

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

If you think that hiring a great coach will bring you a championship in 2or 3 years, you are going to be very disappointed. Bilichick is a great coach but when he lost his good player then he started losing.  

We expect to be competitive in district which we haven't been the last 3 years

They better play tremendously better, if they are going to be competitive this upcoming season. They had one of the worst defenses I have seen in many years the last 2 seasons. I sure hope they get a defensive staff that can turn that awful defense around in a hurry Next thing that must happen, is to teach the offensive line to block, receivers how to catch, and most of all teach a QB how to throw

These phases have been missing for quite a while and that is why they have not been able to compete

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

They better play tremendously better, if they are going to be competitive this upcoming season. They had one of the worst defenses I have seen in many years the last 2 seasons. I sure hope they get a defensive staff that can turn that awful defense around in a hurry Next thing that must happen, is to teach the offensive line to block, receivers how to catch, and most of all teach a QB how to throw

These phases have been missing for quite a while and that is why they have not been able to compete

doesn't NED have good freshman QB?

To my knowledge, TD made 2 trips to the area when Joseph was hired.  Much can be handled through zoom meetings and the internet. He's not required to attend practice, pep rallies, booster club meetings, just the vetting of candidates to the sup......It's really a  reasonable sum for everything that's at stake.....

4 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I disagree with that too the top 3 were competitive in district...if you think 4th place is competitive tell the WO-S fans their team was competitive in 2023 and see what hornets nest you'll stir up😄

What was the score between PNG and WOS? 

8 hours ago, Reagan said:

You are being silly now!

Understood. You are "being silly" if you believe a team that went to the playoffs and lost to FBM 21-19 was not competitive. If they scored 4 more points against FBM would they have been "competitive"? 

Were they "4 points" away from being "technically competitive"?