Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns

14 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I think Joseph is going to be here longer than you think I mean he's the Patron Saint of Port Neches and Groves I'm surprised he doesn't have a statue built in his honor yet

Key word there is, “yet.” In the meantime, we have the votive candles ready to go.

1 hour ago, outanup said:

Just a hunch but, I'm thinking this process wont take as long as expected. 

It better take as long as it needs to be to find the right coach, don't you think?  But, again, I think Nederland has learned their lesson on NOT what to do!  

6 minutes ago, Reagan said:

It better take as long as it needs to be to find the right coach, don't you think?  But, again, I think Nederland has learned their lesson on NOT what to do!  

Absolutely, just seems the process has been going on longer than we all know....Hearing good things and hoping for the best. Pretty sure this has divided the status quo of the community, which is to be expected. Also think the Sup has his feet to the fire or he wouldn't have made this move. 

29 minutes ago, outanup said:

Absolutely, just seems the process has been going on longer than we all know....Hearing good things and hoping for the best. Pretty sure this has divided the status quo of the community, which is to be expected. Also think the Sup has his feet to the fire or he wouldn't have made this move. 

My guess (hope) is Barrow and the Super have been talking about this for a few weeks. Everyone sees the writing on the wall, most of all those two. If so, it could mean steps were quietly being taken in the background to identify solid candidates, beginning before the announcement. 

52 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

My guess (hope) is Barrow and the Super have been talking about this for a few weeks. Everyone sees the writing on the wall, most of all those two. If so, it could mean steps were quietly being taken in the background to identify solid candidates, beginning before the announcement. 

Admin didn't wake up said day and say...I think I'm gonna force the AD=HC out today...This was in the works, with a plan.

• KF89 changed the title to Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns

Did NISD hire Todd Dodge to recommend a candidate, is TD recommending someone as a freebie, or will NISD conduct the search and make the hire with its own hiring committee and no input from TD?

Amazing that the image below inside of AT&T, two years in a row, will force a resignation in NISD.

image.png.d430eda7b1f93809dd36fb9427f955d8.png

3 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Did NISD hire Todd Dodge to recommend a candidate, is TD recommending someone as a freebie, or will NISD conduct the search and make the hire with its own hiring committee and no input from TD?

Amazing that the image below inside of AT&T, two years in a row, will force a resignation in NISD.

image.png.d430eda7b1f93809dd36fb9427f955d8.png

I think PNg’s success was mostly symbolic in its effect on Nederland’s choices. The Nederland coaching staff failed on their own - If you changed nothing about PnG over the last two years and Nederland was posting strong 9 to 10 win seasons, they would still have their coach. 

18 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I think PNg’s success was mostly symbolic in its effect on Nederland’s choices. The Nederland coaching staff failed on their own - If you changed nothing about PnG over the last two years and Nederland was posting strong 9 to 10 win seasons, they would still have their coach. 

Or if you change nothing about PNG over the last two years, and Nederland was 2-0 in the MCM game during that time, Nederland would still have their coach. 

7 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

I definitely think it sped it up.  You know. keeping up with the Jones.

Right. It certainly served to emphasize the difference in where the programs were. It’s one thing to have a down era; it’s another thing entirely to have your rival win state while you’re struggling. Like, if PNG and Nederland had both been 2-8 the last two seasons, they’re both probably eventually looking for new coaches, but it doesn’t become such a focus on one school’s success or failure.  

Regardless, I have trouble believing Nederland doesn’t right the ship sooner than anyone thinks. 

10 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Right. It certainly served to emphasize the difference in where the programs were. It’s one thing to have a down era; it’s another thing entirely to have your rival win state while you’re struggling. Like, if PNG and Nederland had both been 2-8 the last two seasons, they’re both probably eventually looking for new coaches, but it doesn’t become such a focus on one school’s success or failure.  

Regardless, I have trouble believing Nederland doesn’t right the ship sooner than anyone thinks

It all depends on how systemically bad they are.  Thoughts?!

18 minutes ago, Reagan said:

It all depends on how systemically bad they are.  Thoughts?!

Nederland is down down, they can't and will not win in the trenches. The D-line will be better than the O-line but that's not saying much AT ALL!! Until they get some lineman Nederland will be average at best!! I feel bad for the running backs, I hear Mosley is doing some things to keep the running back for Nederland which seems a lil fishy but hey you have to do what you have to do to keep the best athlete on the team I guess. I just don't see Nederland getting to PNG's caliber no time soon. The demographics has changed tremendously at Nederland. A huge influx of mexican students have stormed in, plenty who can barely speak english, and don't play football. If they do anything, it's soccer. Nederland has definitely changed and not for the better!!

38 minutes ago, NHS409 said:

Nederland is down down, they can't and will not win in the trenches. The D-line will be better than the O-line but that's not saying much AT ALL!! Until they get some lineman Nederland will be average at best!! I feel bad for the running backs, I hear Mosley is doing some things to keep the running back for Nederland which seems a lil fishy but hey you have to do what you have to do to keep the best athlete on the team I guess. I just don't see Nederland getting to PNG's caliber no time soon. The demographics has changed tremendously at Nederland. A huge influx of mexican students have stormed in, plenty who can barely speak english, and don't play football. If they do anything, it's soccer. Nederland has definitely changed and not for the better!!

Lighten up , Francis.   If they get a good strength coach in there the line will improve along with the rest of the team.

45 minutes ago, NHS409 said:

Farthest thing from the truth. I bet you are the life of the party aren’t ya? 

10 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Lighten up , Francis.   If they get a good strength coach in there the line will improve along with the rest of the team.

NHS409 is speaking facts. Whoever takes the Nederland job has to rebuild the program from the ground up, that will take a few years to get back to competing for district titles & making decent playoff runs.

The district Ned gets put in will be a factor also