Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns

5 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Has zero to do with what you’re talking about. Push your BS on the next guy. 

It's not really that big of an issue, a couple questions were asked about Nederland facilities & turf\grass fields. No need to get angry

Just now, Bobcat1 said:

Who in the area do you think will apply? 

I’m sure many names in the area throw their name in the hat. Cause why not who wouldn’t want an upgrade at their job and position.   But I don’t see nor from what I’m hearing no one locally is on the radar for the job. 

3 minutes ago, DP#1FAN said:

Just trying to stay on topic. 

Well Athletic Director/HFC is open. Athletic Director is in charge of all athletics in regards of NISD. I’m sure a coach wanting the position won’t only look at the football field, but will look also look at baseball/softball/basketball/weight room/ HS in general. Type of athletes/ community backing/ lots of things are in play. You would be surprised at some of the questions/comments applicants have and commitment ISD’s go to secure a certain coach they want. 

just ask LCM. 

Well good luck Monte wherever the road takes you.  A lot good memories.  I sorry it didn't work out in the end.  My highlight was watching you and your son together after upsetting big bad Pearland Dawson in 2012 at Reliant.

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

It's not really that big of an issue, a couple questions were asked about Nederland facilities & turf\grass fields. No need to get angry, i wouldn't waste my time trying to bs a .

I’m not angry. Just trying to steer clear of baseball in the football forum. Watch your language, btw. 

4 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Have you been to the baseball field lately?  it is not bad.  I agree on the softball facilities.

Yes I have been there and it looks great being a grass field! The Coaches are putting in a lot of work getting it ready and it looks great! My point is we can't host Tournaments due to inclement weather due to being dirt and grass! When you see Schools like PNG, Crosby, Barbers Hill, and etc our complexes are way outdated to say the least! Have you seen our hitting cages??????? If its raining our players have to hit in the gym around other sporting activities. Just my 2 Cents!

1 hour ago, ESunday12 said:

Yes I have been there and it looks great being a grass field! The Coaches are putting in a lot of work getting it ready and it looks great! My point is we can't host Tournaments due to inclement weather due to being dirt and grass! When you see Schools like PNG, Crosby, Barbers Hill, and etc our complexes are way outdated to say the least! Have you seen our hitting cages??????? If its raining our players have to hit in the gym around other sporting activities. Just my 2 Cents!

You should have used more explanation points. 😎

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I’m not angry. Just trying to steer clear of baseball in the football forum. Watch your language, btw. 

Good job reporting me for the BS spelled out, I shoulda used BS like you did Discussing the facilities a school has which includes baseball & softball fields that would entice a new coach to take the AD\Head Football Coach job at a school district is relevant to the topic, imo. Get off your moderator power trip before you need stress medicine 

8 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Good job reporting me for the BS spelled out, I shoulda used BS like you did Discussing the facilities a school has which includes baseball & softball fields that would entice a new coach to take the AD\Head Football Coach job at a school district is relevant to the topic, imo. Get off your moderator power trip before you need stress medicine 

No power trip here sir. Perhaps you just need a break from social media. You seem cranky.

Btw, the baseball forum is only a few selections below the football forum. Oh wait, you’re part of the staff and already know that along with the use of foul language being frowned upon by the owner. 

Namaste.

2 hours ago, ESunday12 said:

By all means, attend some school board meetings and let your opinions be known.  I am not saying that sarcastically either.  Same goes for the other folks.   Let them know you want updated facilities and with the coaching search happening maybe it will spur a change.

10 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

No power trip here sir. Perhaps you just need a break from social media. You seem cranky.

Btw, the baseball forum is only a few selections below the football forum. Oh wait, you’re part of the staff and already know that along with the use of foul language being frowned upon by the owner. 

Namaste.

worry about you.  let us handle the mod duties.

Just now, Bigdog said:

By all means, attend some school board meetings and let your opinions be known.  I am not saying that sarcastically either.  Same goes for the other folks.   Let them know you want updated facilities and with the coaching search happening maybe it will spur a change.

I was very vocal in years past, I have to admit I haven’t been as of late since I guess Covid… I need to start again. And with a clean sheet so to say coming in I think it’s the perfect time. But tbh the board imo needs a little “new” or so to say “young” blood on it 

Just now, Bigdog said:

worry about you.  let us handle the mod duties.

I didn't do anything but report (which the rules dictate I do). No mod duties being performed here. Just some friendly suggestions to a poster that seemed to have lost his way... 🏈

3 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I was very vocal in years past, I have to admit I haven’t been as of late since I guess Covid… I need to start again. And with a clean sheet so to say coming in I think it’s the perfect time. But tbh the board imo needs a little “new” or so to say “young” blood on it 

In bold:  maybe.   Two of the seven are under 50 and one is under 40.  

14 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I didn't do anything but report (which the rules dictate I do). No mod duties being performed here. Just some friendly suggestions to a poster that seemed to have lost his way... 🏈

Great work you have done today keeping all in line & reporting people, It was just really good conversation, questions, answers & info between several members in this topic that was all positive. We all apologize to you for any other sports that were brought up along the way & anything else that doesn't meet what you deem ok to discuss. I vote you get the Karen golden tampon😎 award for the week

Just now, KF89 said:

Great work you have done today keeping all in line & reporting people, It was just really good conversation, questions, answers & info between several members in this topic that was all positive. We all apologize to you for any other sports that were brought up along the way & anything else that doesn't meet what you deem ok to discuss. I vote you get the Karen golden tampon😎 award for the week

Finally, some recognition...

Peace & Agape

• KF89 changed the title to Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns