Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns

2 hours ago, KF89 said:

Come on man, he learned his lesson. Now he will be more motivated as a football coach to redeem himself at Nederland

Wait, so we lost an effective coach because of over-celebration? That sounds like something that should be more of a, “Hey, don’t do that anymore,” situation. Unless there’s more to it than is public. 

2 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Wait, so we lost an effective coach because of over-celebration? That sounds like something that should be more of a, “Hey, don’t do that anymore,” situation. Unless there’s more to it than is public. 

There’s way more to it.  The incident apparently happened at Texan Live amongst a sea of purple.   I’ve heard what happened but this probably isn’t the platform to discuss it in detail.  Regardless, he’s not with PNG anymore.  

30 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

They are doing the search nation wide… they are putting a committee together. Hearing rumblings they want someone by April 1. 

That seems late. 

Not for nothing, but there’s a certain former 2x state champion coach from West Orange who Nederland might consider. 

1 hour ago, dme1111 said:

Good luck to Barrow in retirement!!!  Time for a new day at Nederland!  I hope they take their time and pay what must be paid to get a quality coach.  

You know they always say this. But how is that interpretation when the pay scale is already set, public,  and based off years experience. Mostly. They know the pay when they apply

4 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

What @KF89 said…. When you mess with PNG royalty and you are a outsider you get the can… 

Very very true, dat.  And the coaches very well know it, including CJ. That's why certain players play. It just so happens that the team this year, and somewhat last year, was good enough to cover for them. 

1 hour ago, glassjoe said:

Want to make a splash, then there is one name and one name only…Faircloth! 😬 Y’all tell me a coach that will bring in a staff and be more motivated to destroy, embarrass and rip the soul from PN-G? 😂😂

someone get him on the phone!!

#MakeItHappen

Faircloth could do great things at Nederland. My guess is he wants to put Mid County in his rear view mirror for good though 

6 hours ago, glassjoe said:

The OC was a below average hire. Theriot won’t be back. I bet OF or over to BC as DC..where his kids go. 
maybe the new AD will get quality Strength/conditioning program  👀

I guess coming in as a new OC in JUNE and installing a whole new offense for AUGUST leads to the OC being a below average hire. Then lose 4-5 starters. That makes sense.  

6 hours ago, glassjoe said:

The OC was a below average hire. Theriot won’t be back. I bet OF or over to BC as DC..where his kids go. 
maybe the new AD will get quality Strength/conditioning program  👀

2 hours ago, glassjoe said:

Want to make a splash, then there is one name and one name only…Faircloth! 😬 Y’all tell me a coach that will bring in a staff and be more motivated to destroy, embarrass and rip the soul from PN-G? 😂😂

someone get him on the phone!!

#MakeItHappen

What does Nederland have to offer? Poor facilities? 

• KF89 changed the title to Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns