Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns

4 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Dome gym is becoming an indoor practice facility. 

4 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Dome gym is becoming an indoor practice facility. 

Baseball and softball facilities are way over due!!!!!!! I have seen 2A and 3A have nicer facilities than what we currently have! If you look at the current 5A Schools in our district they are miles apart from our current facilities!

17 minutes ago, ESunday12 said:

Baseball and softball facilities are way over due!!!!!!! I have seen 2A and 3A have nicer facilities than what we currently have! If you look at the current 5A Schools in our district they are miles apart from our current facilities!

Have you been to the baseball field lately?  it is not bad.  I agree on the softball facilities.

13 minutes ago, ESunday12 said:

They are indeed for upgrade and slight renovations but they aren’t that far apart…. I know when the bond was put together and the athletic part of the bond I was very vocal on wanting to add turf to the baseball and softball fields and new lighting for the gym… a few spoke up it but not much gained traction. Actually several baseball people wanted to keep it grass, but I’m glad a very generous donation last year from the Richard family do some much needed upgrades to both baseball and softball fields. 

2 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Have you been to the baseball field lately?  it is not bad.  I agree on the softball facilities.

Was there last weekend, Senior Babe Ruth & Coach Green do a great job with the limited resources & funds they have to work with keeping the field nice, but it is far from being a quality save field to play on compared to most 5A programs. 

3 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

They are indeed for upgrade and slight renovations but they aren’t that far apart…. I know when the bond was put together and the athletic part of the bond I was very vocal on wanting to add turf to the baseball and softball fields and new lighting for the gym… a few spoke up it but not much gained traction. Actually several baseball people wanted to keep it grass, but I’m glad a very generous donation last year from the Richard family do some much needed upgrades to both baseball and softball fields. 

I don't know that I am a big fan of turf for baseball/softball, maybe just for the infield.   Maybe some of the PNG people can comment on that as far as how it plays.

2 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

I don't know that I am a big fan of turf for baseball/softball, maybe just for the infield.   Maybe some of the PNG people can comment on that as far as how it plays.

Turf is the way to go, plays great, safer, hardly no up keep, will get more revenue with tournament organizers wanting to use your field.

3 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Turf is the way to go, plays great, safer, hardly no up keep, will get more revenue with tournament organizers wanting to use your field.

I know they did the infield at the babe ruth park , mainly for the ASK kids so I wonder how the other teams like it.

8 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

1 minute ago, KF89 said:

What @KF89 said it indeed the way to go on the diamond. Especially the fact it rains, here. Senior babe Ruth uses it. Nederland could host the senior BR World Series I bet, I know they already have done the southwest tournament, ford park could rent it out for their World Series, and coach Tyner I’m sure could put something together…. Kinda sad the local BR has a turf infield but not the HS atleast… 

3 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

I know they did the infield at the babe ruth park , mainly for the ASK kids so I wonder how the other teams like it.

I have coached at the Babe Ruth Park the last 4 years & every one loves it.  Number of kids playing in Babe Ruth has increased a great deal since the turf was put down also.

1 minute ago, Bigdog said:

They love it. Every kid in setx has been playing on turf infield since a kid due to ford park facilities as well as LC, Houston and where ever else they traveled too.. 

2 minutes ago, KF89 said:

I have coached at the Babe Ruth Park the last 4 years & every one loves it.  Number of kids playing in Babe Ruth has increased a great deal since the turf was put down also.

No noticeable increase in injuries?   Do they see any weird ball bounces during a play?

5 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

No noticeable increase in injuries?   Do they see any weird ball bounces during a play?

No increase in injuries, all bounces are true & no weird or bad hops taken to the face. Same with softball, much better surface to play on then dirt pits.  

13 hours ago, 1970 said:

Very very true, dat.  And the coaches very well know it, including CJ. That's why certain players play. It just so happens that the team this year, and somewhat last year, was good enough to cover for them. 

What are you talking about?

29 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

They love it. Every kid in setx has been playing on turf infield since a kid due to ford park facilities as well as LC, Houston and where ever else they traveled too.. 

26 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

22 minutes ago, KF89 said:

No increase in injuries, all bounces are true & no weird or bad hops taken to the face. Same with softball, much better surface to play on then dirt pits.  

So… football forum, right? Specifically Nederland (HC) Open. 

11 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

So… football forum, right? Specifically Nederland (HC) Open. 

Athletic Facilities\ Fields are key resource in a New AD\ Head Football Coach picking a high school to be the head coach at.

7 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Any latest on when Nederland will start receiving applications?

@navydawg31  @KF89

According to NISD statement to the media yesterday the statewide search process was started.

School board prez. played at North Texas football for Todd Dodge so there is that quality connection to help get the applications flowing.

• KF89 changed the title to Nederland is open, Barrow Resigns