Silsbee 68 Beaumont United 78/FINAL

4 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Can somebody help me understand why BU has scheduled so soft? As a top 6A program I don’t get the logic behind scheduling 4A programs…doesn’t help you at all IMO.

Wouldn’t call Silsbee soft. They are the equivalent of a very good 5A and a decent 6A. 

Just now, BMTSoulja1 said:

Just imagine if our 6’2” starting guard played.  Silsbee wouldn’t have been going after that kid like they were against the 5’5” kid.  🤷🏾‍♂️

Hasn't Ashton Green started every game for BU this season? That kid would have been out there regardless of if Williams would have played or not.

13 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Can somebody help me understand why BU has scheduled so soft? As a top 6A program I don’t get the logic behind scheduling 4A programs…doesn’t help you at all IMO.

So you call a team who is consistently ranked in thr top 3 of 4A, been to state 3 or 4 times in the last 8 years soft? Silsbee has beat United before and beat Westbrook quit a few times. If you call Silsbee a cupcake team you might wanna do your research on Silsbee. 

4 minutes ago, DXTR said:

Wouldn’t call Silsbee soft. They are the equivalent of a very good 5A and a decent 6A. 

I wasn’t referring to Silsbee in particular I was talking about the schedule as a whole I believe BU has only played 2 teams with winning records…no disrespect to Silsbee but as a premier 6A bball program I’m not scheduling a 4A school. I don’t see any other top 6A programs scheduling 4A programs 

2 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

I wasn’t referring to Silsbee in particular I was talking about the schedule as a whole I believe BU has only played 2 teams with winning records…no disrespect to Silsbee but as a premier 6A bball program I’m not scheduling a 4A school. I don’t see any other top 6A programs scheduling 4A programs 

Need to check some of those 6A teams up North. A few have played 4A Dallas Carter and 4A Faith Family.

Even Atascocita has played a 4A this year.

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Need to check some of those 6A teams up North. A few have played 4A Dallas Carter and 4A Faith Family.

Even Atascocita has played a 4A this year.

In tournaments…not in a “scheduled” non district game. That’s a BIG difference you don’t control who you play in tournaments, stop it Aggie.

3 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Well 4A Silsbee Tigers just showed they could hang with the #1 6A team in the state.. And came close to getting that W".😁

1 minute ago, Coach_Izzy said:

In tournaments…not in a “scheduled” non district game. That’s a BIG difference you don’t control who you play in tournaments, stop it Aggie.

Not tournaments. Atascocita played Dallas Carter in single game. Was the Hoopsgiving but the opponent was agreed upon.

Also, Carter and FF have played "scheduled" games with 6A teams in Dallas area. Not tournaments.

3 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

AggiesAreWe is correct... You may wanna look again at some of those top 6A program schedules.

Silsbee has played 3A Madison for a few years now and I don't think any Tiger fans are upset about it.

Name me (3) SETX teams that BU can play and it actually be a game?

Just now, Tiger05 said:

AggiesAreWe is correct... You may wanna look again at some of those top 6A program schedules.

Silsbee has played 3A Madison for a few years now and I don't think any Tiger fans are upset about it.

Name me (3) SETX teams that BU can play and it actually be a game?

I think he’s saying that BU should only be playing state ranked 6a programs. His logic is state ranked 5a or 4a is unacceptable..

26 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not tournaments. Atascocita played Dallas Carter in single game. Was the Hoopsgiving but the opponent was agreed upon.

Also, Carter and FF have played "scheduled" games with 6A teams in Dallas area. Not tournaments.

Again these aren’t “scheduled” by either team. Atascocita isn’t “scheduling” 4A teams no matter how you try & spin.

And I just went looked at FF & Carter’s schedules don’t see not one top 6A program that they “scheduled”. Maybe I’m missing something.

There’s no way you’re justifying a premier 6A program like BU scheduling a 4A game, especially when you only have a few teams on your schedule with records above .500 

23 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think he’s saying that BU should only be playing state ranked 6a programs. His logic is state ranked 5a or 4a is unacceptable..

They understand exactly what I’m saying they just want to make it about Silsbee…we know how this go! Also I have no issue with BU scheduling good 5A programs, but let’s be honest their schedule has been piss poor thus far.