**COACHING CAROUSEL**

Bobcat1

Class 6A Richmond George Ranch Longhorns head football coach position is open.

Nick Cavallo steps down at George Ranch after a 34-30 record in six seasons to take the Head Coach job at Katy Morton Ranch.

2015 Class 5A Division I State Championship - Richmond George Ranch defeated  Mansfield Lake Ridge 56 to 0.

3 hours ago, KF89 said:

Class 6A Richmond George Ranch Longhorns head football coach position is open.

Nick Cavallo steps down at George Ranch after a 34-30 record in six seasons to take the Head Coach job at Katy Morton Ranch.

2015 Class 5A Division I State Championship - Richmond George Ranch defeated  Mansfield Lake Ridge 56 to 0.

that is an interesting move.

On 12/22/2023 at 12:56 PM, Bobcat1 said:

I've often wondered how the interviews go for coaches who have awful records - How do you explain in three seasons your record as 3-25? 

Teams like Waskom who have had good programs in the past but losing enrollment thus losing players takes a toll on winning in their division. This is no fault of the coach. Once the losing starts then more kids choose not to play. This has happen to Hemphill also. Hemphill and Waskom both went down to 2A1 .  
There are a lot of good coaches with not so good records. 

3 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Man Alvarez wasn’t there long? What 1 or 2 seasons since leaving Cuero? 

Got 2 in the article. 

I'm not too sure he stayed anywhere long during his career. Glad he was able to get a State Championship after leaving Kirbyville. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Got 2 in the article. 

I'm not too sure he stayed anywhere long during his career. Glad he was able to get a State Championship after leaving Kirbyville. 

The man could coach some football, and turn programs around fast that’s for sure! But yeah I agree glad he was able to get one