**COACHING CAROUSEL**

Bobcat1

On 12/26/2023 at 12:18 PM, oldman said:

Gotta trust those mothers

Well, this mother was right!  This individual was approached about the job and turned it down.  Which in the grand scheme of things I figured he would.  But, it would have been a nice hire!

Newton OC Jeremy Russell was hired 1/11/24 as 3A Division II Omaha Pewitt AD\Head Football coach.

The Brahmas finished 3-7 last season.

Cedric Dorsey resigned after three seasons, he led Pewitt to the playoffs in 2021 and 2022.

On 1/15/2024 at 7:40 AM, KF89 said:

Newton OC Jeremy Russell was hired 1/11/24 as 3A Division II Omaha Pewitt AD\Head Football coach.

The Brahmas finished 3-7 last season.

Cedric Dorsey resigned after three seasons, he led Pewitt to the playoffs in 2021 and 2022.

Congrats Coach!

On 12/22/2023 at 12:56 PM, Bobcat1 said:

I've often wondered how the interviews go for coaches who have awful records - How do you explain in three seasons your record as 3-25? 

records are window dressing. you sell yourself with your plan (prep, process, vision, community building and relationship etc.)

Lot of great coaches with bad records, lots of bad coaches with good records as well. You try to find the ones "doing it the right way" for your best chance at success

6 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Guess he got it, pending board approval on Monday. Which who wouldn’t… I’m just curious how much it cost to get him to come out of retirement lol

If he wanted to coach again, then why isn’t he at Nederland?  

14 hours ago, Reagan said:

If he wanted to coach again, then why isn’t he at Nederland?  

I know you are probably being sarcastic but, that shouldn’t even be a question. Everybody knows Nederland is not going to pull in a high quality coach. Facilities and an administration that doesn’t care about athletic’s and a community that makes it tough to pass bonds to upgrade anything is not a very attractive job. Plus they will not pay the money that will be required to get a good quality guy. If somehow they convince another guy like Neuman to come in. He won’t stay long when he sees how tough it is to get anything done around there.