Semifinal Rematch Discussion - PNG vs. Liberty Hill

Rez Ipsa

PNG vs. Liberty Hill  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Indians or Panthers?

LH had to replace most of their defense this year.  It’s hard to simulate going up against that large PNG line.  It took some time for Huntsville to adjust to it.  I see PNG having lots of success on offense and getting the lead.  The Slot-T will be forced to play catch-up and they won’t be able to keep up.  Win the flip and go score first. Sorry LH. This ain’t Region 4. 

Pieper not that impressive as I thought after watching. They pretty much pass every down which led to a lot of 3rd and long. Also allowed Liberty Hill on the field a lot in the first half. LH did what they did as usual. LH defense does not look like what we've faced. If we figure out the T early could be a repeat of last year. Let's hope.

I want to share a story from last year.

After the game, my folks and I went to the Whiskey Cake in Katy for a very late dinner. I had driven in from Leander that afternoon and they had left PN-G late due to work. Nobody’d had the time to eat beforehand.

There was a family in the restaurant from Liberty Hill sitting a few tables down from us. They had a little girl with them, maybe seven or eight years old, and an older boy who appeared to be late middle school or early high school age. I figured he was a player on the freshman team.

That little girl realized we were from PN-G and gave us the evil eye for the entire dinner. I’m talking a full hour of this girl glaring at us from across the dining area, non-stop. You could feel the heat coming off this girl’s gaze. I had to fight not to crack up all night because every time I’d look over to my left, I had the possessed girl’s hellish stare from the exorcism movie looking straight back at me. You could tell the PN-G crowd, the War Chant and Cherokee had driven this poor girl insane that night.

Her parents picked up on what was going on and came over to talk to us after they finished their meal. Couldn’t have been nicer folks. Wished us luck in the championship, complimented the fan base - just nice, small town people. I told them I lived just down the road in Leander and drove in for the game. Even for a fan base like Liberty Hill’s that generally travels well, you could tell they were shocked that out-of-town alumni would make a drive like that to see the Indians play.

This is the game where our fan base earned the “rabid” label online last year. Every time I think about that, I think about that ferocious glare from that little girl. I have a feeling I’m gonna feel it coming across the field at me again this year. Scalp ‘em!

21 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

After the game, my folks and I went to the Whiskey Cake in Katy for a very late dinner. I had driven in from Leander that afternoon and they had left PN-G late due to work. Nobody’d had the time to eat beforehand.

There was a family in the restaurant from Liberty Hill sitting a few tables down from us. They had a little girl with them, maybe seven or eight years old, and an older boy who appeared to be late middle school or early high school age. I figured he was a player on the freshman team.

That little girl realized we were from PN-G and gave us the evil eye for the entire dinner. I’m talking a full hour of this girl glaring at us from across the dining area, non-stop. You could feel the heat coming off this girl’s gaze. I had to fight not to crack up all night because every time I’d look over to my left, I had the possessed girl’s hellish stare from the exorcism movie looking straight back at me. You could tell the PN-G crowd, the War Chant and Cherokee had driven this poor girl insane that night.

Her parents picked up on what was going on and came over to talk to us after they finished their meal. Couldn’t have been nicer folks. Wished us luck in the championship, complimented the fan base - just nice, small town people. I told them I lived just down the road in Leander and drove in for the game. Even for a fan base like Liberty Hill’s that generally travels well, you could tell they were shocked that out-of-town alumni would make a drive like that to see the Indians play.

This is the game where our fan base earned the “rabid” label online last year. Every time I think about that, I think about that ferocious glare from that little girl. I have a feeling I’m gonna feel it coming across the field at me again this year. Scalp ‘em!

Ran out of likes:  +1

1 hour ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Liberty Hill should put her on a shirt 

1 hour ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Sat on Huntsville's side last night. Never, yes never do I recall noticing a fan base other than the numbers. Seeing from the opposite side was interesting. That was a sight to behold and very impressive.  Not sure how to describe it other than to say again, impressive. 

2 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Sat on Huntsville's side last night. Never, yes never do I recall noticing a fan base other than the numbers. Seeing from the opposite side was interesting. That was a sight to behold and very impressive.  Not sure how to describe it other than to say again, impressive. 

I’ve always wanted to do that, to see PNG from the other side. 

1 hour ago, 1970 said:

+2 (WRT PNG bamatex) 

An aside ... last night the Baytown Bucees was a sea of purple. You could've stirred it with a stick. 

My 10 year old got on the mic while waiting for burritos  hollering WHO ARE WE!!??  Followed by PNG!!  Throughout Buc-ee’s 🤦🏻‍♂️