#2 Silsbee vs #6 Bellville

BBfan061

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

You are still learning about the "who played who", "last year", and "they haven't played anybody". Silsbee beat WOS 20-6, BV beat WOS 49-7. What about that? Best player in the game will be playing for Bellville and wearing #99.

Silsbee is about to arrive at the intersection of hype and reality. 

#1 for Silsbee will be the best player on the field. And I" believe everyone will agree on that..😁

30 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Good luck

Ditto!! I have been holding my tongue for a week. BBF061’s posts are always insightful and respectful. However, my boy 89Falcon seems to have much hate for Silsbee. Bandwagon fans are common, especially when the home team doesn’t give you much to cheer about. Bellville MAY (Falcon said WILL) beat Silsbee and Silsbee MAY beat Bellville. BUT…when the VOICES YOU ARE HEARING tell you that # 1 for Silsbee isn’t the best player on the field, sumpin is amiss. As a Silsbee fan, I have MUCH RESPECT for Bellville and what they have accomplished. I also have much respect for 99 and the bright future he has. With that being said, I would never STOOP as low as to make derogatory remarks towards another team or player. Hopefully both teams treat us to an injury free game for the ages. Good luck and safe travels to all. Happy Thanksgiving!

17 minutes ago, noah98 said:

Ditto!! I have been holding my tongue for a week. BBF061’s posts are always insightful and respectful. However, my boy 89Falcon seems to have much hate for Silsbee. Bandwagon fans are common, especially when the home team doesn’t give you much to cheer about. Bellville MAY (Falcon said WILL) beat Silsbee and Silsbee MAY beat Bellville. BUT…when the VOICES YOU ARE HEARING tell you that # 1 for Silsbee isn’t the best player on the field, sumpin is amiss. As a Silsbee fan, I have MUCH RESPECT for Bellville and what they have accomplished. I also have much respect for 99 and the bright future he has. With that being said, I would never STOOP as low as to make derogatory remarks towards another team or player. Hopefully both teams treat us to an injury free game for the ages. Good luck and safe travels to all. Happy Thanksgiving!

Find the "derogatory remark" that I made towards Silsbee or a Silsbee player. Saying "a team will get beat" is not derogatory. Nor is saying that #99 is going to be the best player on the field. If you check the transcripts, every comment I make is in response to a similar (but illogical and unsubstantiated) comment by a previous poster. 

You should not convolute "disagreement" with "derogatory". Silsbee fans have been making ridiculous statements about Bellville for weeks and the chickens are about to come home to roost. If Silsbee wins, you folks can come on here and let me have it. 

4 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Find the "derogatory remark" that I made towards Silsbee or a Silsbee player. Saying "a team will get beat" is not derogatory. Nor is saying that #99 is going to be the best player on the field. If you check the transcripts, every comment I make is in response to a similar (but illogical and unsubstantiated) comment by a previous poster. 

You should not convolute "disagreement" with "derogatory". Silsbee fans have been making ridiculous statements about Bellville for weeks and the chickens are about to come home to roost. If Silsbee wins, you folks can come on here and let me have it. 

So I take it that you have made yourself the "logical" police here.

and it's "a couple of" Silsbee fans.

There you go with those "sensationalized" posts again.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So I take it that you have made yourself the "logical" police here.

and it's "a couple of" Silsbee fans.

There you go with those "sensationalized" posts again.

We all have our motivations for participating in a forum. And as stated earlier, I have some ties to Bellville that keep me interested in their success. 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

Will Do ! 

6 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

You are still learning about the "who played who", "last year", and "they haven't played anybody". Silsbee beat WOS 20-6, BV beat WOS 49-7. What about that? Best player in the game will be playing for Bellville and wearing #99.

Silsbee is about to arrive at the intersection of hype and reality. 

Hype ? If you think Bellville is just going to walk over silsbee you’re sadly mistaken. 

My gut tells me that Belville takes this one. Belville is disciplined and they have some horses this year to go along with that offense. Problem is, with that offense, teams can look unbeatable until you run up against a team with equal or better athleticism that can stop it. Back in the CT days we did it regularly. 21 Belville and 16 Geronimo Navarro come to mind. Teams on a roll that appeared unstoppable, but got smoked when they ran into a team capable of stopping that offense.

Can Silsbee play disciplined enough offensively and especially defensively to stop the Belville Slot? Is Belville's defense really that good or is it a beneficiary of a good offense? More importantly, will they have the horses to stay on the field with Silsbees horses? Will Miller play and will Miller be Miller? If Miller is Miller the rest of the Silsbee supporting cast will be better as well. 

Lots of "ifs" going into it.

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

I just want to address one part of this. #99 is good, no doubt. If Miller is 100% healthy, 99 won't be anywhere close to being the best player on the field. I've seen Miller completely take over games. He will be the best player without question.

11 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

I just want to address one part of this. #99 is good, no doubt. If Miller is 100% healthy, 99 won't be anywhere close to being the best player on the field. I've seen Miller completely take over games. He will be the best player without question.

As I’ve said… we are comparing a kid that’s a DT to a kid that plays WR/RB/DB… it’s not a fair comparison really lol

10 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

A bunch of players over the years have "taken over games". The team with the best players will win on Friday. They are about go head to head.