Bellville / Madisonville Area round

JaspD55

21 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Madisonville is improved from last year but not enough to stay in this game. Belville will win by a comfortable margin and likely move on to win the region. 

I'll come over here to quit polluting the other thread.  And this is a bold statement, and I'd love to know what you're basing this on. Going through Silsbee and Cuero is a pretty tall task.  Since the past doesn't matter, and strength of district doesn't matter, I can only guess it was their impressive win over 5-5 WOS?  When's the last time they won the region?  Honest question.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I'll come over here to quit polluting the other thread.  And this is a bold statement, and I'd love to know what you're basing this on. Going through Silsbee and Cuero is a pretty tall task.  Since the past doesn't matter, and strength of district doesn't matter, I can only guess it was their impressive win over 5-5 WOS?  When's the last time they won the region?  Honest question.

Not sure on the last time Bellville won the Region. How often does Silsbee win the Region?

7 minutes ago, BULLS_ON_PARADE said:

So how many of those guys started last year?

2 of the RBs were sophomores last year and played… the other RB that’s a senior didn’t play much due to a ankle injury. Only one of the offensive linemen maybe two started last year. 4-5 of the starters on defense played last year. 99 has started since his freshman season 

4 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

2 of the RBs were sophomores last year and played… the other RB that’s a senior didn’t play much due to a ankle injury. Only one of the offensive linemen maybe two started last year. 4-5 of the starters on defense played last year. 99 has started since his freshman season 

Gotcha.. Pretty young squad then..

4 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

I just really want a Bellville vs Silsbee 3rd round game.. I have several friends that are Silsbee grads… my daughter attends Silsbee elementary… but we gotta take care of the Mustangs first lol

I predict Madisonville vs Gatesville rematch in 3d round, and Jasper goes to Dallas. JMO, so don't shoot me. lol

22 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Not sure on the last time Bellville won the Region. How often does Silsbee win the Region?

You got your answer.  Still waiting on what you're basing your statement of "Bellville likely winning the region" on.  I'm not knocking them, and I know they're a good team.  They do have a chance.  I'm just curious what makes you think they have the best chance, confidently stating they'll likely do something they haven't done in over a decade, with two of the top 4 teams in the state standing in their way.  

13 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

I predict Madisonville vs Gatesville rematch in 3d round, and Jasper goes to Dallas. JMO, so don't shoot me. lol

Would be hilarious, but I don't see Bellville taking Madisonville lightly again, if that's what happened last year.  I've heard people reference the rain from last season, but if I was a coach who ran the slot-t I would pray for rain every friday.  Who knows, though.  Madisonville is a solid team, and despite others downplaying strength of schedule, we don't really know what Bellville will do against a team that's won more than 5 games (although I expect them to win this one by a couple of TDs).  And Jasper's odds of going to dallas are beyond slim (just like my horns' are).