Tyler Chapel Hill (35) @ Little Cypress-Mauriceville (7) - FINAL

jdawg03

14 minutes ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

What program is in better shape right now? LCM or WOS, it seems like both programs are having their struggles.

Outside looking in, I’d have to say LCM due to buy in from the athletes and community. LCM will cycle, much as we do, as special groups come through and I believe most fans are realistic about that. But they will be competitive each year due to the coaching. 

1 hour ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

What program is in better shape right now? LCM or WOS, it seems like both programs are having their struggles.

Well one of the programs just finished a season where for the 1st time in school history had 3 winning seasons in a row and made the playoffs all 3 years while all the while returning 95% of the roster. The other was the winningest program in Texas by % and has had back to back losing seasons. Tough question to answer though. 

41 minutes ago, TheOutsider said:

Well one of the programs just finished a season where for the 1st time in school history had 3 winning seasons in a row and made the playoffs all 3 years while all the while returning 95% of the roster. The other was the winningest program in Texas by % and has had back to back losing seasons. Tough question to answer though. 

He knows the answer,  he's been smashing his keyboard after lcm win since peevy got there.

2 hours ago, TheOutsider said:

Just take a look at what West Orange has done over the last 10 years and you can see where they're headed.

Undefeated in district those first eight years and now they finish in fourth post coaching change. 

Two state championships with an undefeated season and now they've exited the playoffs in the first round twice. 

I think it's pretty clear to see which program has fallen and which has at least become more relevant. 

17 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Yes , I dont know the situation 100% but its been mentioned over and over. Coach said they could leave if they weren't happy. 2 starters actually left, coach didn't sign their papers like they thought, 1 out of 2 sat out then went back and started immediately (great message to the team). The other did his time

Moral to the story:

1. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side

2. Don’t abandon your team or your teammates 

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Moral to the story:

1. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side

2. Don’t abandon your team or your teammates 

Yes, and if you play for the blue and silver you can...., then just come back and start again under the new regime'...

My only hope was... he didn't tell the kids he would sign their transfers, then leave them hanging when it came to pen and paper.. but. We see what kind of message he sends......and its water under the bridge.

11 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Yes, and if you play for the blue and silver you can...., then just come back and start again under the new regime'...

My only hope was... he didn't tell the kids he would sign their transfers, then leave them hanging when it came to pen and paper.. but. We see what kind of message he sends......and its water under the bridge.

He said they could leave. He didn’t say he would sign the transfers. Big difference in what we hear and what was said. Plus any other extenuating circumstances we don’t know about. Water under the bridge, like you said. 

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

He said they could leave. He didn’t say he would sign the transfers. Big difference in what we hear and what was said. Plus any other extenuating circumstances we don’t know about. Water under the bridge, like you said. 

He doesn’t have to give them permission to leave, they can leave if they want but obviously he controls rather they play sooner than later. LCM signed off on student who moved back this year. WOS would not sign off on student who left late football season last year. So the student only got to play 2 games. 
The coach is obviously scared that he would have an exit of many if he signed off on anyone. Or anyone coming to LCM

31 minutes ago, americasteam22 said:

He doesn’t have to give them permission to leave, they can leave if they want but obviously he controls rather they play sooner than later. LCM signed off on student who moved back this year. WOS would not sign off on student who left late football season last year. So the student only got to play 2 games. 
The coach is obviously scared that he would have an exit of many if he signed off on anyone. Or anyone coming to LCM

That’s entirely possible. Of course that’s only supposition. 

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

That’s entirely possible. Of course that’s only supposition. 

That’s what happened. This is 1 of many reasons why LCM should take them of the schedule. But that’s another topic lol. 
If your scared kids will leave the your program you have, then run a better program. Don’t stop a teenager who doesn’t want to play for your program from playing somewhere else. I agree in the Team concept, but if your team/business is tanking and having bad leadership why wouldn’t you leave. 
WOS will always be competitive and have good and bad years like everyone else now lol. But from my view opinion whatever you call it, things have not changed for the better and one good season here and there won’t fix it. 40 yrs of winning history flushed down toilet. 

48 minutes ago, americasteam22 said:

That’s what happened. This is 1 of many reasons why LCM should take them of the schedule. But that’s another topic lol. 
If your scared kids will leave the your program you have, then run a better program. Don’t stop a teenager who doesn’t want to play for your program from playing somewhere else. I agree in the Team concept, but if your team/business is tanking and having bad leadership why wouldn’t you leave. 
WOS will always be competitive and have good and bad years like everyone else now lol. But from my view opinion whatever you call it, things have not changed for the better and one good season here and there won’t fix it. 40 yrs of winning history flushed down toilet. 

How do you know that’s what happened? Did Coach Hickman tell you that?

1 minute ago, americasteam22 said:

Hey bud, or old friend. We both know things about programs, I’m sure some things we both hear and post, which you post 8000 times more than me aren't always completely accurate. But I’m pretty confident about this. 

I’m not saying you’re not accurate. I’m saying you can’t state it as fact. That’s all. 

7 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I’m not saying you’re not accurate. I’m saying you can’t state it as fact. That’s all. 

It’s against the rules and ethics of this site to post certain things. If that’s the case of what you said then everything beside scores on this site is not fact. It’s accurate, I understand you can’t take my word for it and ultimately you’re going to believe what you want. You’re going to believe what fits the narrative you want. 

30 minutes ago, americasteam22 said:

It’s against the rules and ethics of this site to post certain things. If that’s the case of what you said then everything beside scores on this site is not fact. It’s accurate, I understand you can’t take my word for it and ultimately you’re going to believe what you want. You’re going to believe what fits the narrative you want. 

You’re way off base. I already said you may be right. I just said you can’t call it fact unless that’s what Hiawatha told you. I have no narrative. My team won Friday night. 

9 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

How do you know this were you there? Or Maybe he or others told you this. Which makes it not a fact and I can’t believe it. 

6 minutes ago, americasteam22 said:

How do you know this were you there? Or Maybe he or others told you this. Which makes it not a fact and I can’t believe it. 

I was using the other posters words as a basis to refute his own argument. 

Regardless, LCM’s season is over, and in my opinion, the WOS RB wouldn’t have made a difference in LCM’s outcome. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

I was using the other posters words as a basis to refute his own argument. 

Regardless, LCM’s season is over, and in my opinion, the WOS RB wouldn’t have made a difference in LCM’s outcome. 

Regardless?. Yes you were using hearsay to refute an argument. Just because it’s over doesn’t mean I can’t talk about things. He definitely would had made a difference, not fact I guess, but LCM may have won more regular season games. And a teenager that works really hard could played more his Sr. Year. But I guess the fact is like you said it water under the bridge. Twist the words the way you want to prove yourself right. The fact is you weren’t using facts to refute an argument so it’s not true. And that’s the fact.