Port arthur memorial vs Forney

lcm93

3 weeks ago I would have given PAM the edge, but not sure what’s going on in PA and if the coaches can get them mentally prepared for a long road trip in a hostile environment. I’m also surprised in Forney this year after BH dominated them defensively last year when they came to the hill. This seems to be a tall order right now for PAM , but I’ll be rooting for a Titan Win!

5 hours ago, pakronos said:

heart wants PAM... gut and mind says, get the basketballs ready. idc who says what. play calling has been atrocious the past 2 games. players out of position. players getting more and more bone headed penalties as the weeks go on. i hope i'm wrong but i see a blow out...42-21 Forney.

Where did things make a turn for the worst? 

12 hours ago, pakronos said:

heart wants PAM... gut and mind says, get the basketballs ready. idc who says what. play calling has been atrocious the past 2 games. players out of position. players getting more and more bone headed penalties as the weeks go on. i hope i'm wrong but i see a blow out...42-21 Forney.

Unfortunately, I do not think you are too far off on your prediction. Forney is a disciple team that is run first but can hurt you in the air.  They have some athletes but play solid defense…especially at home.

Only thing I can say about Forney is that they are not unbeatable. Both Longview and Lancaster were able to move the ball on them.

LV yardage 330 to 158

Lancaster yardage 418 to 220

Both of our defenses were able to hold them in check. It is the refs and the turnovers you got to deal with. The Forney defense (and refs) in the redzone are very hard to score on. :)

2 hours ago, kingwolf1 said:

Only thing I can say about Forney is that they are not unbeatable. Both Longview and Lancaster were able to move the ball on them.

LV yardage 330 to 158

Both of our defenses were able to hold them in check. It is the refs and the turnovers you got to deal with. The Forney defense (and refs) in the redzone are very hard to score on. :)

Yall won the game, let it go lol. 

3 hours ago, kingwolf1 said:

LV yardage 330 to 158

That brings my optimism up a tick or two..........

51 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Does Forney have their own personal refs? I thought neautral refs from another area were assigned to playoff games after both team mutually agree on them. 

They are neutral. Some Lobo fans cannot let go. Yes you will have a few phantom/missed/bad calls that may go against you but that comes with playing in someone else's home.... ijs

1 hour ago, jbabi86 said:

They are neutral. Some Lobo fans cannot let go. Yes you will have a few phantom/missed/bad calls that may go against you but that comes with playing in someone else's home.... ijs

You are correct, I can't let go. They are supposed to be neutral. I hope they get refs from outside the metroplex.

46 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

This could go the way of our McNorth game last season or the Longview game last season. Hopefully we can pull off a dub. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I lean more towards the Longview game of last season. Not to say Forney is Longview , but they are disciplined and physical. If PAM doesn’t come read to play 4 quarters it could get away from them. 

Good Luck!

2 hours ago, jbabi86 said:

I lean more towards the Longview game of last season. Not to say Forney is Longview , but they are disciplined and physical. If PAM doesn’t come read to play 4 quarters it could get away from them. 

Good Luck!

I think so as well...PAM is going to have to play physical defense from the jump. PAM has the athletes to frustrate and beat their defense but they can't do that if they don't have the ball.

37 minutes ago, Christian said:

Will there be somewhere to watch or listen to the game for those who can't make the trip.?

Yes, the link posted up above in this thread for the Forney broadcast.

Our broadcast "should" be on the Port Arthur ISD YouTube channel.