Lamar Basketball 2023-2024 Season

snakehead26

Appears that the Cardinal basketball team is playing much better this season than the past 2 AggiesareWe. They have an outstanding home record this season. They will hopefully finish very strong. If they can start winning on the road, they will possibly finish 2nd. Hopefully that will be the case. Thanks for recognizing that I speak the truth

Just now, spidersal said:

Appears that the Cardinal basketball team is playing much better this season than the past 2 AggiesareWe. They have an outstanding home record this season. They will hopefully finish very strong. If they can start winning on the road, they will possibly finish 2nd. Hopefully that will be the case. Thanks for recognizing that I speak the truth

But you don't speak the truth.

You stated that this Lamar team was the same team as the last two seasons. They were no better than they were last two years.

If you believe that to be true, then you have zero credibility.

At the beginning of the season as you recall they were not any better than the past 2 years and yes that post was at the beginning of the season, so yes when it was posted it was the truth Thank goodness they have overcome the poor play at the beginning of the season and are now playing well minus their road struggles 

2 minutes ago, spidersal said:

At the beginning of the season as you recall they were not any better than the past 2 years and yes that post was at the beginning of the season, so yes when it was posted it was the truth Thank goodness they have overcome the poor play at the beginning of the season and are now playing well minus their road struggles 

You made a very similar post just two weeks ago. After a loss, which made them 9-9 on the season, you stated they were no better than the team of last two years. They were the same team.

You change your tune to fit your "truth".

On 1/20/2024 at 6:50 PM, spidersal said:

Well Aggies are we, I see the same Lamar basketball team as the past years under Brooks. It’s pretty sad when you can’t beat a team that is 3-12. I am sure there will be several excuses made for these Cardinals though. Let’s face it, they are a bad basketball team. They played better under Price

This

You read to put your glasses on pal. The statement said they weren’t much better at 9-9 and they may finish in the middle of the pack. Appears to me that you make your  comments by not reading well. Yes, I agree that they are now playing much better than the past 2 years, however if they can’t win on the road they probably will finish in the middle of the pack

3 minutes ago, spidersal said:

You read to put your glasses on pal. The statement said they weren’t much better at 9-9 and they may finish in the middle of the pack. Appears to me that you make your  comments by not reading well. Yes, I agree that they are now playing much better than the past 2 years, however if they can’t win on the road they probably will finish in the middle of the pack

I see. So your "truth" statements are fluid.

Gotcha

The post you’re talking about was true. It is very sad to get beat by a team that was 3-12 and at that time Price’s teams did compete better. However, I do apologize to you, I was looking at my post before that one that said they were a little better and May finish in the middle of the pack. If they are going to be the 2nd seed, they will have to start winning on the road

3 minutes ago, spidersal said:

The post you’re talking about was true. It is very sad to get beat by a team that was 3-12 and at that time Price’s teams did compete better. However, I do apologize to you, I was looking at my post before that one that said they were a little better and May finish in the middle of the pack. If they are going to be the 2nd seed, they will have to start winning on the road

I have seen some really really good Lamar teams (Tubbs, Foster) lose to some bad teams on occasion. It happens. Happened to Tic several times. One bad loss doesn't make a season or a team.

I stated from the start of the season that this was a different and better Lamar team than the last couple of seasons. That has played out very "truthfully". 

This is disturbing.  They are better than previous years but this not winning on the road is pathetic especially to a team you handled very easily from start to finish the 1st time.

where is the mental preparation?  They have no business losing to IW

i don’t know the specifics to the game but several players must ve not played due to injury or illness. 
Something’s gotta change in the road prep pre game schedule

come tourney time your not playing at home.

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Lamar men with another road win (back to back) beating Southeastern 77-72.

Lamar is now 15-11, 9-4 in conference.

They have now beat 2 of the top 5 conference teams on the road (tonight and Nicholls).  Have lost to two bad teams on the road HCU and UIW but responded well this weekend with this one and Saturday’s blowout of UNO.  And both the Nicholls win and this one were in OT.  Always encouraging to win those kinds of games in hostile environments. 

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

They have now beat 2 of the top 5 conference teams on the road (tonight and Nicholls).  Have lost to two bad teams on the road HCU and UIW but responded well this weekend with this one and Saturday’s blowout of UNO.  And both the Nicholls win and this one were in OT.  Always encouraging to win those kinds of games in hostile environments. 

I agree,

But some (one) says this is the same team from last two seasons and could not compete.

Wait, his remarks are fluid.

My apologies.

They also took the other team’s best shot. Caldwell, who is the second best player in the league (imo) behind McNeese’s Shumate, went for 30 and 12 tonight.  30 is his career high and the 12 boards were one shy of his career high.  The next two home games will tell a lot because McNeese and CC A&M are the toughest two opponents in the league.  

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

They also took the other team’s best shot. Caldwell, who is the second best player in the league (imo) behind McNeese’s Shumate, went for 30 and 12 tonight.  30 is his career high and the 12 boards were one shy of his career high.  The next two home games will tell a lot because McNeese and CC A&M are the toughest two opponents in the league.  

I'll be at the McNeese game.